Objectivity and bias in media

Just the tiniest fraction of a sample from Front Page CNN:

2 Likes

What is the Orange Man Bad network going to do for ratings after Trump leaves office?

2 Likes

Probably they will shift from relentlessly attacking Trump to focusing on his loyal GOP members and the 74 million American People who voted for him.

By the way - getting these front page screenshots of CNN is not easy.

I looked everywhere - there used to be services that automatically save news sites like CNN’s front page screenshots in an archive but as of Nov 1st 2016, all of the archival sites produce errors after that date. I thought it was weird but there’s actually someone who dedicated a blog post to this issue here:

You would need to have someone physically dedicated taking screenshots of CNN front page a few times a day, every day, to capture the full breadth of ridiculousness spewing from that site.

And it’s not easy to avoid. For example, you might notice sometimes that even on a reputable news site, it will still reference that the article was originally written by cnn. For example, the whole “Kim Jong Un is Dead” debacle that CNN broke first and all other media outlets reposted without even thinking to check if it was a reputable source at CNN.

2 Likes

Good talk, enjoying listening to Morrow lately.

4 Likes

It’s a good discussion. But, some of us have felt this way for a long ass time. :whistle:

I love the part when she says terrorist don’t break in and take selfies.

I just finished that, whilst taking apart my gas stove touch pad, cleaning it and putting it together without blowing up the hoose.

Very nice find. I shared it with John Tamny. Hope he gives it a listen. His reach is a bit larger than hers I believe,

2 Likes

Called it.

1 Like

Probably continue to pound on all the illegal, corrupt stuff he did.

Also, this aged well.

Yep.

I’ll definitely learn from this, when Biden is down to his last week, I’ll wait until the next prez is sworn in before stating the people decrying Biden were exaggerating. :sweat_smile:

They do when they don’t expect to beheld responsible for it- one of the recurrences of the aftermath is how shocked these people are that they- respectable white right-wing thugs- should face consequences for their actions.

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s a bit lazy, an argument for a response to a gov’t attacking it’s own people, vs people attacking a gov’t unprovoked. Surely you can get the nuance.

You can look up the podcast if you can be bothered, the point is about aggressive police vs peaceful protestors.

Pictures are fun too though. :fire:

I don’t think that was HER point. It seems to be yours. Hers was that they weren’t really taking themselves all that seriously. I get that, up to a point, however, soon as you break something, soon as you push someone…everything changes.

1 Like

CNN swapping out “Shameful” and “Imminent” between US and International editions of the front page.

Also see subtext - the US wording seems to be more inflammatory.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Some weren’t. The guys with flex-cuffs, or the guys looking for Mike Pence to hang him, or the guys who killed the cop, or the mob who beat the cop outside, or the people wearing 6MWE or Camp Auschwitz shirts? Aw, just kids having fun.

Haha… good one… “Riots are destructive, dangerous, and scary – but can lead to serious social reforms.”

I’ve tried to stay out of the political threads. I have such an indescribable hatred for the media and the people who suffer from PMS syndrome (parrot, monkey, and sheeple).

Seeing that pic on the left (assuming it’s legit) reminded me of this utter garbage from Time: https://time.com/5851111/protests-looting/

3 Likes

Definitely legit. I remember reading it when it came out.

1 Like

I believed you. :grinning: Too lazy to check on my own. As I’m sure you know, it’s amazing the stuff that’s fabricated today.

Thanks for verifying though… It just sinks me deeper into despair. It’s amazing/depressing what’s happening in the U.S. today. That’s it… I’m outta here…can’t take it! :rofl:

3 Likes

I know the feeling. :grin:

1 Like