Octoberfest

When and where?

Are there any big celebrations planned for this year? I notice that a lot of places have Erdinger on tap now. Wouldn’t be a bad beverage on which to get tispy.

Oktoberfest! Yah! I vant some meaty Bratvurst and steins of Bier!! Vere can ve go to celebrate zis fest?

Anything coming up in the Events forum for this soon? Germans? Austrians? Bavarians? Ach!

Something I found when I got curious about the origin:
http://www.sheries-kitchen.com/stories/oktoberfest.htm

=====================
Re-topia Revolving Clearance!

Closest thing to it in Taiwan is the MudOlympigs coming up October 5th. 11am to 6pm at the Tienmu Sports Park

Its a major charity event/auction featuring plenty of beer, games, booths, and carnival like atmosphere. The organizers expect some 10,000 people to turn up.

Ma Ying-jeou will be there again with his team to get down and dirty in the mud.

Chou do Fu will be there getting hammered and bidding on the one night date Hsu Chi.

Come Join the fun.

What is the fun in being around a bunch of totally drunk guys, who take every chance to grope women?

If your refering to my desire to be with Hsu Chi. Trust me, the Mud Olympigs is not a groping event (outside of the mud that is) its a family event. Good clean fun for a good clean charitable organization.

If you refering to Octoberfest, hey lighten up and guive in to your pagan instincts, I seriously doubt that you’d experience much groping in an Octoberfest in Taiwan (outside of a hostess barr that is).

Chou

If your refering to my desire to be with Hsu Chi. Trust me, the Mud Olympigs is not a groping event (outside of the mud that is) its a family event. Good clean fun for a good clean charitable organization.

If you refering to Octoberfest, hey lighten up and guive in to your pagan instincts, I seriously doubt that you’d experience much groping in an Octoberfest in Taiwan (outside of a hostess barr that is).

Chou[/quote]

Who has time to grope at an Octoberfest - you’ve got to spend the whole night readjusting your Leiderhosen (and why is it so damn itchy)?

Exactly, even harder for a two fisted stien monger. Grope a bratwurst, and avoid the sexual harrasment lawsuit.

“Alice? Who the f@ck is Alice?”

Chou

[quote=“chodofu”]Exactly, even harder for a two fisted stien monger. Grope a bratwurst, and avoid the sexual harrasment lawsuit.

“Alice? Who the f@ck is Alice?”

Chou[/quote]

The difference this year is that all those idiots who think saying “don’t mention the war” is funny are just going to confuse everyone. “War, which war? You mean the one in Iraq or the one 60 years ago?” Takes away the momentum, you know?

You mean thats not funny? (Note to myself: stop laughing at “Don’t mention the war.”)

I should have qualified that statement. It’s funny the first ten thousand times you hear it. It’s right up there with someone saying, “Oh, God,” and another person adding, “Yes, you called me?” A real side-splitter…

It’s spelled with a “k” in civilized parts of the world. But you’re right, we should have some semblance of an Oktoberfest in Taiwan, just as we should have a Flugtag (excuse the lack of umlauts). Hell, it would be better to have both on the same day!

redbullflugtagsf.com/

[quote=“monkey”]It’s spelled with a “k” in civilized parts of the world. But you’re right, we should have some semblance of an Oktoberfest in Taiwan, just as we should have a Flugtag (excuse the lack of umlauts). Hell, it would be better to have both on the same day!

redbullflugtagsf.com/[/quote]

key word here being “civilized.”

HS, did you make that one up. Its a riot. Right up there with den kiu, no kiu. )its Taiwanese, pardon the romanization)

Chou

[quote=“chodofu”][quote=“monkey”]It’s spelled with a “k” in civilized parts of the world. But you’re right, we should have some semblance of an Oktoberfest in Taiwan, just as we should have a Flugtag (excuse the lack of umlauts). Hell, it would be better to have both on the same day!

redbullflugtagsf.com/[/quote]

key word here being “civilized.”

HS, did you make that one up. Its a riot. Right up there with den kiu, no kiu. )its Taiwanese, pardon the romanization)

Chou[/quote]

Chou, incredibly, I had the idea for the joke first, but used “Oh Buddha” instead of “Oh God” and it never caught on. Some guy basically came along, changed it around a bit and made millions in the process (he told me that using “God” evoked images of George Burns and made it a lot funnier).

[quote=“HakkaSonic”]
Chou, incredibly, I had the idea for the joke first, but used “Oh Buddha” instead of “Oh God” and it never caught on. Some guy basically came along, changed it around a bit and made millions in the process (he told me that using “God” evoked images of George Burns and made it a lot funnier).[/quote]

Gotcha. To bad Sienfield is done. You had a future as a comedy writer.

As its obvious we’ll get no help here. have you managed to locate a Oktobe[color=red]r[/color]fest bash anywhere on the island?

Chou

[quote=“chodofu”][quote=“HakkaSonic”]
Chou, incredibly, I had the idea for the joke first, but used “Oh Buddha” instead of “Oh God” and it never caught on. Some guy basically came along, changed it around a bit and made millions in the process (he told me that using “God” evoked images of George Burns and made it a lot funnier).[/quote]

Gotcha. To bad Sienfield is done. You had a future as a comedy writer.

As its obvious we’ll get no help here. have you managed to locate a Oktobe[color=red]r[/color]fest bash anywhere on the island?

Chou[/quote]

Well, the guy at Backerei told me that he would be celebrating the O-fest at his place, so that’s one possibility. But I think that’s on October 3 and I’m tied up that night (maybe if I rub sausage grease on the ropes, I can get out of it). The Tavern is serving German fare on the weekend (with Warsteiner, I believe). That’s all I’ve got so far.

Well, thats something. Now go back to sparring with darkchild. Its more amusing.

Chou

I thought it was “Octobeerfest”, from the Greek. Sheesh.

(Can’t be Oktoberfest; that’s almost over.)

Yes, I get to Frankfurt a day after it ends, and the week after I have a week off. Where should I go? Any ideas? What’s Munich like after the Fest?

Too bad. You got the Wurst luck Alleycat.

How long have you been waiting to use that one?

Excellent, nonetheless, one of which I would have been proud.