Odd that China will protest CHINA AIRLINES name change

I read that many Taiwanese want to change the name of China Airlines by dropping the word China. But some fear that China itself would protest such a change. Very odd indeed. I guess to China (even though China Airlines is clearly a Taiwanese airline and doesnt even fly to China as yet) changing the name of that airline is yet another step to de-sino-ization of Taiwan.

Europeans and some Americans are sure perplexed and confused by China Airlines being a Taiwanese airline with zero flights to China even being called “China Airlines” in the first place !!

i think they should change it to FORMOSA Airlines .

OR even “HELLO KITTY AIRLINES” (thats if they really do change the name of the Taoyuan airport to “HELLO KITTY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT” as has been suggested in another thread.

And on that thread? why not name it TAIPEI TAOYUAN Int. Airport. MUch like TOKYO NARITA.
OH but THATS another thread. sorry.

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Well you can imagine that the mainland’s Air China don’t want to be the ones left looking they hold the horrid safety record of China Airlines for one thing.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Well you can imagine that the mainland’s Air China don’t want to be the ones left looking they hold the horrid safety record of China Airlines for one thing.

HG[/quote]

HAHAHA and yes i read that AIR CHINA has one of the best safety records in the world at present while CHINA AIRLINES has one of the very worst.

but yet AIR CHINA has the very worst service while CHINA AIRLINES is one of the very best.

so what to do? GET THERE BUT FEEL LIKE CRAPOLA, or?? ARRIVE HALF WAY but IN STYLE??

but now that Cathay Pacific has bought a large chunk of AIR CHINA. Perhaps the service will improve. And maybe they should merge China Airlines with Air China and call it AIR CHINA AIRLINES or
AIR CHINA hello kitty Airlines?? or something?

I’ll take Air China’s safety record, thanks. Considering the prevalence of “budget” airlines world-wide, and the escalating number of bankrupt full service “traditional” airlines… it looks like I may not be the only one.

And besides, China Air flies to Hong Kong. That’s Chinese territory.

Ultimately, this thread is probably amongst one of the more worthless that will fade away into anonymity relatively soon.

Maybe they should read this. :slight_smile:

Then it would just be “Airlines”. Not a very catchy name, is it?

Then it would just be “Airlines”. Not a very catchy name, is it?[/quote]

But fairly blameless too. “Did you hear another Airlines jet went down last night?”

HG

[quote=“cctang”]I’ll take Air China’s safety record, thanks. Considering the prevalence of “budget” airlines world-wide, and the escalating number of bankrupt full service “traditional” airlines… it looks like I may not be the only one.

And besides, China Air flies to Hong Kong. That’s Chinese territory.

Ultimately, this thread is probably amongst one of the more worthless that will fade away into anonymity relatively soon.[/quote]

Yes im sure you are right about anonymity with this thread.

however, what are you saying bout China Airlines? Should the name remain now that they fly to HONGKONG? Which is now part of China?

It is none of China’s business what Taiwan calls its airlines. Who gives a crap what they think. China would like a fool if it started a war with Taiwan becuase it changed the name of one its airlines! It is because of the Chinese Nationalist Party aka KMT here in Taiwan that makes it difficult to change the name of China Air to Taiwan Air. These Blues as they call themselvs are so Pro-China they are RED.

You got to give it to the CCP on this one. They didn’t even say anything to get their way. They just kind gave a “don’t even think about it” glance across the strait, and the Taiwanese (probably “Blue”) officials cowered in their seats. No that is disturbing.

For what it’s worth, I support a name change to Taiwan Airlines. Has a nicer ring to it if you ask me.

[quote=“jwbrunken”]You got to give it to the CCP on this one. They didn’t even say anything to get their way. They just kind gave a “don’t even think about it” glance across the strait, and the Taiwanese (probably “Blue”) officials cowered in their seats. No that is disturbing.

For what it’s worth, I support a name change to Taiwan Airlines. Has a nicer ring to it if you ask me.[/quote]

most likely its the fact that China Airlines is wanting very much to service the Mainland and wouldnt want to be left out if the commies are displeased with the name change. What i dont understand is why the commies even care?? China Airlines has been a thorn in its side for awhile?

And what is the final word on this anyway? Havent heard anything recently?

Who said they did care? Sure, it’s more signs of TI, but we all know that’s what this administration wants - there is no surprise. The name “rectification” sideshow has had a new chapter every time there was an election. Convenient coincidence? I think not.

[quote=“zeugmite”]Who said they did care? Sure, it’s more signs of TI, but we all know that’s what this administration wants - there is no surprise. The name “rectification” sideshow has had a new chapter every time there was an election. Convenient coincidence? I think not.[/quote]Everything is so political for you. It is reality. Taiwan is not China. Hence it makes mroe sense to call the airline Taiwan Airlines. Doesn’t it upset you that Taiwan could use China’s great name in the name of one of its airlines. You should be angry and demand that Taiwan change the name. Where do they get hte nerve to use the name China, huh!?

I think it should be renamed “Free China Airlines.” We offer Free honey roasted peanuts and water. It’s a pure marketing move to attract more customers.

exactly !! and what i dont understand is that China not only condones this blatant mis-use of its name , it actually is against China Airlines changing its name?? Even tho the ROC govt is the majority shareholder. How wierd is that?? As they say. LOgical only to Chinese/Taiwanese people.

China has long made its position clear:

ROC: not condoned but acceptable
Taiwan independence: not acceptable

You see the difference?

[quote=“tommy525”]i think they should change it to FORMOSA Airlines .

OR even “HELLO KITTY AIRLINES” (thats if they really do change the name of the Taoyuan airport to “HELLO KITTY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT” as has been suggested in another thread. [/quote]
EVA Air has already beaten them on the Hello Kitty name.

Isn’t Sanrio a Japanese company? Why would a Taiwanese airline fly Japanese intellectual property…hmmm…
What does that imply about Taiwanese Nationalism…one can only speculate.

Can they call it:

“BlackGold Airlines”? Fit for any politician and businessman in Taiwan…

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Isn’t Sanrio a Japanese company? Why would a Taiwanese airline fly Japanese intellectual property…hmmm…
What does that imply about Taiwanese Nationalism…one can only speculate.[/quote]
They use the aeroplane to fly to Fukuoka where there is a Hello Kitty theme park. I don’t know what it says about Taiwanese Nationalism, but Hello Kitty means big dollars in Taiwan.