Odd things that people bring to coffee shops in Taiwan

The ikari that I’m sitting in has:

• An alarm clock sitting on the table brought by the person sleeping
  • Three personal portable fans for people sleeping at the table.
  • Dishes and food from home that was carried in a bag and spread out on the table.
  • A pillow from home that’s much too big to carry around except for only one purpose… sleeping.
  • Eye shades being used to cover people’s eyes to keep the light out so they can sleep
  • An extension cord so one person can plug in 4 items, a laptop an iPad a mini iPad and a phone.
  • a big container of tea and continually refilling without buying anything from the shop.
9 Likes

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/science/starbuck_full.png

3 Likes

Who the heck trucks around a friggin full size Mac monitor?!

I mean, it si sad enough soemone has money for an iPad, and iPhone, a laptop and a phone… and no place to plug them.

Geesh, I know AC might seeem expensive but hell!

Now they’re permanently closed. Guess all these people were enjoying the air conditioning n Wi-Fi but not spending money.

I went back and checked my Google Maps timeline to see where I was that day two years ago.

It was located here
Ikari Coffee
No. 14, Qingnian Road, Wanhua

1 Like

People with their damn phone.

Now if you want to watch youtube videos, that’s fine. But nobody else in the coffee shop wants to listen to your cat videos. Please, get a headphone!

1 Like

Nail clippers.

2 Likes

Guy the other day in Starbucks had his shoes off up on the cushion seat clipping his toe nails.

2 Likes

This!!! :nauseated_face:

1 Like

No trial, no jury, straight to execution for him.

2 Likes

ahh, that ain’t anything.
now if he was putting them in a collection jar, that’d be something to write home about

Shameless. Does he think it’s the MRT?

5 Likes

i really don’t understand taiwanese cafe behavior. you people are not homeless, go lounge around and watch youtube videos in your house please. you can even do it in your underwear at home!

1 Like

Once had somebody sit on my scooter and clip their nails on my scooter…Disgusting !!!

All about saving on AC.

4 Likes

So they spend say 100nt or more on a drink for the right to sit in the cafe (I mean unless they’re just taking up space without ordering anything). They have not saved anything.

Electricity cost for a day of AC usage, even at the inflated rate of 2500nt per month, is about 83nt per day. That’s using the AC all day, not just for 2 hours.

A drink at Starbucks cost way more than 100nt.

3 Likes

i know but it still makes little sense to me. i’m pretty sure if the cafes here had beds people would be sleeping there aswell instead of their own homes.

2 Likes

Cafes letting people sleep, and the people who put their things on a chair and leave for hours, were the greatest annoyance of my cafe days.

3 Likes

if they stay in their house they will have to clean the house, tidy up, organize, make the coffee by themselves, cook, etc

Yup.

I think it would help coffee shops a lot if they would go by and clean the table of empty cups every now and then. People subconsciously and consciously tend to either buy more or leave an empty table.