Come friendly bombs fall on Kaohsiung,
By now its time has been too long,
And ev’ryone will sing a song,
When it is flat.

To all of those who love Taiwan,
You must accept what’s to be done,
We must not be afraid to say,
The milit’ry’s the only way.

Not quite faithful to the rhyme structure of the original (Slough), but not bad for sitting in a hospital queue. Inspired by Ma’s plan to improve Taoyuan airport, which should really include flattening Taoyuan.

That was awesome! :roflmao:

:unamused:

Don’t know whether to groan or clap! :laughing:
I bet Sir John would chuckle, though.

[quote=“fruitloop”]Come friendly bombs fall on Taipei,
It should not be allowed to stay.
Its buildings drab, its skys dark grey,
It looks like shit.[/quote]

Hey, the USAF already tried… seems like they failed back then… Hit the presidential palace, Longshan Temple and Taipei First Girls’ High School for example…

Wow, they even had the foresight to try to wipe Linkou… well, almost. shulinkou.tripod.com/dawg2e.html

That’s an awesome site you linked there: shulinkou.tripod.com/Dawg1.html Full of old photos relating to the US air base in Linkou… but also from Taipei etc. Cool :slight_smile:

[quote=“olm”]…Taipei First Girls’ High School for example…

[/quote]

I don’t like the uniform any more than the next man, but that’s taking things a little too far.

I don’t really get what you want to say with that, can you explain please?

I don’t really get what you want to say with that, can you explain please?[/quote]
He’s blaming Chen Shui-bian.

I bet Chen Shui-bian blames Bush.

[quote=“sandman”]Don’t know whether to groan or clap! :laughing:
I bet Sir John would chuckle, though.[/quote]

Yes, I betje he would, man.

I don’t really get what you want to say with that, can you explain please?[/quote]

I mean I don’t like the uniform of Taipei First Girls School either (and I don’t know anyone who does), but I think bombing the school for their uniform is expressing discontent too enthusiastically. George Vocational High School has the best girls uniform in Taipei, by the way. Ankle length dark navy box pleat skirts in winter.

It should be noted, The Imperial City…aka Tainan…was not mentioned in the song.

There is good reason for that omission.

I guess there might be a wee bit of a misunderstanding :ponder: No one is suggesting to bomb that high school specifically. It just happens to be one of the non-military targets that were hit during the US bombing raids on Taipei in WW2, along with Longshan temple etc.

I guess there might be a wee bit of a misunderstanding :ponder: No one is suggesting to bomb that high school specifically. It just happens to be one of the non-military targets that were hit during the US bombing raids on Taipei in WW2, along with Longshan temple etc.[/quote]

It was an attempt at humour. I apologize.

Damn, normally I am (despite being hereditary handicapped here) good at spotting humor :stuck_out_tongue: