Off the wall solutions to Israel et al

Toe Rag wrote [quote]I’m waiting for Fred Smith or Tainan Cowboy to weigh in with their usual “let’s just nuke 'em” gung-ho insight…[/quote]
I think that Tainan Cowboy is a pretty “nuanced” guy and would rather just see strategic nuclear strikes rather than carpet bombing with nukes. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :wink:

1. Abolish the racist Zionist settler-colonialist state of Israel.
  2. Replace it with a democratic, secular state of Palestine.
  3. A transitional phase of two states (Israel and Palestine) with shared sovereignty over Jerusalem can be considered on condition that both of them provide full civil rights to their inhabitants regardless of ethnicity, religion and language. Borders between the two must be open and the citizens of one state should have full or sufficient democratic and employment rights in the other (similar to the arrangement between the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland).
  4. Similarly, the subsequent unitary Palestine will be one that grants full civil rights to all its citizens regardless of ethnicity, religion and language.
  5. Arabic and Hebrew will be official languages of Palestine. Other widely spoken languages such as Yiddish and Russian will be given an appropriate level of official recognition and support. Both Arabic and Hebrew will be compulsory subjects in schools (similar to the situation in Switzerland).
  6. There will be a right of return of Palestinian Arab refugees and diaspora to Palestine and it will be prioritised over new Jewish immigration until such a time as the Palestinian Arab right of return has been basically honoured, after which immigration will be opened up as widely as possible, without any priority for Arabs and Jews over other ethnicities.
  7. There must be some redistribution of land and other resources in favour of the dispossessed Palestinian Arabs so that all enjoy if not economic equality, then at least equality of opportunity.
  8. All places of worship of all faiths will be protected and preserved by law except those that fall into disuse and have little historical or architectural value.
  9. The new state of Palestine will encourage all Jews already resident in Palestine to remain, but those unwilling to accept a just solution will also be welcome to leave. Those of any ethnicity who employ violence to disrupt the implementation of this just solution will be subject to legal sanctions including imprisonment and expulsion.
  10. Along with the establishment of the secular and democratic state of Palestine, there will be progress toward a democratic federation of the Middle East as advocated by the Kurdistan People’s Congress among others.

Reference:
Democratic Union of the Middle East (Kurdistan People’s Congress)
Statement of the Jewish People’s Liberation Organisation (JPLO)
Jews not Zionists

Juba’s party needs a few more members.

Care to cite any such statements? If you cannot, then you ought to be big enough to retract your idiotic statement. :unamused:

Fred Smith and Tainan Cowboy aren’t looking for a solution. They’ve already got one. The only missing component is those of us who aren’t on board yet but that’s not stopping them so it’s no big deal.

My personal solution was to leave the United States so I didn’t have to wake up every morning knowing that I was part of the generation of Americans who had turned Lady Liberty out on the streets to turn tricks and roll johns.

I say just flip a coin.
Heads: Israel goes to the Plaestinians and all of the Isralies have to leave.
Tails: Israel stays with the Isralies and the Palestinians leave.
Most religions believe in some form of fate or presdestination. What better way to see what God or Allah really wants?

I am not well versed with Judaism or Islam. But as a Catholic, it’s not God’s fault. He gave us free will, to do as we choose, because he has absolutely love for us. Now, that’s my study, and strong personal belief. I have faith that He isn’t too happy seeing his children destroy each other but loves us enough to allow us. When people are ready to understand that love is the final answer to all the questions in your heart, then we’ll have peace.

nuke? aw c’mon! we got a better deal for you now. nukes are just too darn messy. DU 'em. if you don’t know what DU is, don’t worry. it’ll be polluting the middle east forever now. the US uses DU in Iraq and Afghan. Israel is now using it in their current land grab.

who ever doesn’t die will have their DNA corrupted and their kids have limbs growing out of the darndest places. what is the half-life of nuclear waste used as a weapon of war?

i guess one “out of the box” solution is to make the middle east a toxic hell hole that only the yet to evolve mutants can withstand.

Hell, the Sunnis and Shites can’t even get along, much less them and anybody else.

See # 3

Bring back the Neutron Bomb: No radiation pollution!

:laughing:

The “grand solution” isn’t something we need to consciously plan for. The decisions will be made for us. The combination of peak oil and global warming (and the resulting famine) will depopulate the world. War will also help this process along. There are also a few wildcards like bird flu to help speed things up. Not sure how long the mass extermination will take, but it’s coming. I suppose a few will survive, but they won’t have the technology left to wage world war. It brings to mind a quote from Albert Einstein:

I’m not sure how we’re going to fight World War III, but I know how we’re going to fight World War IV - with sticks and rocks.

Death has a way of solving problems, even if it’s not elegant. And no, I don’t think that I will be spared. I discovered some time ago that I’m not made out of iron.

Makes me almost envious of all those fundamentalist Christians, who cheerfully anticipate the “end-times” because they expect to be saved by the Rapture (see raptureready.com).

Ah, what a cheery message. Happy weekend to everybody.

• DB

I’ve been on a Soprano blitz this weekend. If anyone is a fan, then you know Tony’s sister Janice. Janice is the perfect example of what we need for peace in the middle east. She never argues for her way, just manipulates the situation to make the person she wants something from think it’s their idea. We need to let the ladies take over and make decisions about this situation.

As for Condi. Condi is alone, She needs backing or a woman dressed like this under her power suit needs to go into the negotiations.

[quote=“Dog’s_Breakfast”]The “grand solution” isn’t something we need to consciously plan for. The decisions will be made for us. The combination of peak oil and global warming (and the resulting famine) will depopulate the world. War will also help this process along. There are also a few wildcards like bird flu to help speed things up. Not sure how long the mass extermination will take, but it’s coming. I suppose a few will survive, but they won’t have the technology left to wage world war. It brings to mind a quote from Albert Einstein:

I’m not sure how we’re going to fight World War III, but I know how we’re going to fight World War IV - with sticks and rocks.

Death has a way of solving problems, even if it’s not elegant. And no, I don’t think that I will be spared. I discovered some time ago that I’m not made out of iron.

Makes me almost envious of all those fundamentalist Christians, who cheerfully anticipate the “end-times” because they expect to be saved by the Rapture (see raptureready.com).

Ah, what a cheery message. Happy weekend to everybody.

• DB[/quote]
    :bravo:

I was just going to say time (it hears all wounds) that or Ninjas with really big sticks.

:notworthy: Ninjas!

That, or a bunch o’ blood pirates boarding every oil tanker to sail down the gulf. Take away their booty. Aargh!

I don’t agree with this.
Nor would most people living there.
It wouldn’t solve many problems in the middle east either. And how would americans feel if someone decided to redraw the US map and give its reasons?
Like the Reconquista movement no doubt.
But for this madness to happen there would have to be a huge war in the area.
That is what the “Crazies” want.

Blood borders
How a better Middle East would look

[quote=“cake”]I don’t agree with this.
It wouldn’t solve many problems in the middle east either.[/quote]
Actually I could go along with a lot of that. An independent and united Kurdistan about that size and shape is certainly what a lot of Kurds would like to see. The Baluchistan issue is not well known but it has been around for a long time. The map does not deal with the Kashmir issue although Kashmir is within the bounds of the map. Dividing Arab Iraq on sectarian lines was raised on CNN just a couple of days ago. History suggests that dividing countries based on religion is not a good idea (Ireland, India/Pakistan, Palestine, Yugoslavia…).

Reference:
Democratic Union of the Middle East (Kurdistan People’s Congress)

Covert everyone to Buddism.

[quote=“Juba”][quote=“cake”]I don’t agree with this.
It wouldn’t solve many problems in the middle east either.[/quote]
Actually I could go along with a lot of that. An independent and united Kurdistan about that size and shape is certainly what a lot of Kurds would like to see. The Baluchistan issue is not well known but it has been around for a long time. The map does not deal with the Kashmir issue although Kashmir is within the bounds of the map. Dividing Arab Iraq on sectarian lines was raised on CNN just a couple of days ago. History suggests that dividing countries based on religion is not a good idea (Ireland, India/Pakistan, Palestine, Yugoslavia…).

Reference:
Democratic Union of the Middle East (Kurdistan People’s Congress)[/quote]

I do believe that the Kurds should be given a state. But there is no way the Turks would allow it at the moment (would membership of the EU(to which I am totally against) be dangled in front of them to accept a Kurd state?).
And it was only 11 years ago they butchered thousands of Kurds.

The Balkanization of Iraq is what the Israelis have been wanting for almost 25 years, not to mention the CFL (to which Fred Smith said was madness and of the ‘left’), and now you say CNN are even reporting this. All planned I believe. Problem-Reaction-Solution.
This is probably the only way the madness in Iraq could be resolved now. No chance of a Saddam (when he was ‘our boy’) type figure controlling the country anymore.
But as long as the US occupiers are there, there will be conflict.