Offenses involving foreigners on the rise (China Post)

CNA is reporting that offenses involving foreigners rose in Taipei city from 693 in 2000 to 899 in 2002 and already tally 779 year to date. The number of foreigners declined 11.72% over the same period.

They didn’t mention mainland spouses even once, so I guess they mean us regular foreigners too.

(Tried to find a link to the story but couldn’t. Someone please post if they find it.)

Gosh, what are they bitching about, over 20% of the population in my country are forgeigners and we are still alive…=)

It’s in the Taipei Times too, can’t see in on their website.
I think that makes it 1266 crimes per hundred thousand of population. Any one know what it is for the entire population ?

Why would anyone want to count and publish crimes solely by foreigners ? Oh yeah, the DPP.

EDIT:
figures from 1995 to 1999
from taiwanheadlines.gov.tw/20000 … 626np.html
Another EDIT:
from taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/arch … /09/201383
2000: 1976
2001: 2196
2002: 2246

Actually I think they do that in Europe too, but usually don’t publish it, in order not to feed racism.

[quote=“mesheel”]Actually I think they do that in Europe too, but usually don’t publish it, in order not to feed racism.[/quote]I’m sure they do count it, but they wouldn’t publish something with the headline “Crime by foreigners on the increase”

I am sure The Sun has done something like that before:

Shocka!!! Crime by foreigners on the increase in the UK

Eddie the laying bastard, our investigative journalist, has talked to a source close to the PM in No 10. This source close to the PM has heard someone who is in government say; that the number of crimes has increased because of those foreigners

Ah, more xenophobia ! What is the purpose of collecting such statistics, and not publishing corresponding data for “non-foreigners” ?

God only knows what the DPP’s definition of a “foreigner” is. I would imagine they would be including the tiny number of mainlanders here. And what is an “offence” ?

The number of foreigners decreased ? Oh dear, that seems to contradict another DPP mantra, that Taiwan is being swamped by foreigners and is in danger of sinking into the sea.

What this must mean then, is that the non-criminal foreigners have all fucked off in disgust, leaving only those with a propensity to commit crime. Well done once again, Taiwan Government.

Could it have something to do with the cops these days writing up tickets before you’ve even finished your deliberate mangling of “ni dong bu ting” ?

HG

Yeah, this article pissed me off today. The two crimes stated were working illegally and visa over stay. I figure it’s just some kind of propaganda to scare us criminal type big noses. What on Earth else could it be for? Is it in any Chinese papers?

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]It’s in the Taipei Times too, can’t see in on their website.
I think that makes it 1266 crimes per hundred thousand of population. Any one know what it is for the entire population ?[/quote]

The rate in Taiwan was 1,989.92 cases out of every 100,000 persons. (1998)

moi.gov.tw/W3/stat/english/e … iminal.htm states.

These are govt. stats but I don’t know if we are comparing apples with oranges.

Best Wishes
Kenneth

[quote=“KenTaiwan98”]The rate in Taiwan was 1,989.92 cases out of every 100,000 persons. (1998)

moi.gov.tw/W3/stat/English/e … iminal.htm states.

These are govt. stats but I don’t know if we are comparing apples with oranges.

Best Wishes
Kenneth[/quote]I corrected my value for 1998 which I mistyped above. I presume they both use the same definition of ‘crime’ but I assuming that these figures are reported crimes and the ones for foreigners are for solved cases ? (How else would they know they are done by foriegners ?) Still think it’s wrong to single out foreigners like that without comparing with the general population.

yah they should deport any foreigner commiting a crime… being here everyday is a privledge…

Locals and Foreigners should be both punished when they commit crimes. The problem is; locals always let the “Proud Honkies” go when crime is commited. Simply because locals do not speak English and just because they are foreigners. I really hate that shit!!! The locals have been abused over and over again by the foreign guys esp. in relationships bec. NT women think highly of white men. If I could just talk to the TWN president I would tell him to implement a law that will make the white guys accountable if they have abused any local women at any way. Say, if a foreign guy is running away from his responsibilities to his wife and kids he should be deported or be put in jail. Why shouldn’t the foreigners be punished in Taiwan if they are punishing the Taiwanese in their country?
Don’t read me wrong people, I just can’t take the shit the foreign guys are causing the locals esp. the American Losers. I never met any American guy who never left Taiwan without screwing a local girl. I have more respect for non US foreigners staying in Taiwan cause most of them don’t act like animals. Ask any other foreigners why they don’t like the Americans you’ll hear the same reasons.

Write him a letter.

Since when is having consensual sex with anyone “abuse” or “shit”?

You badly need to get laid.

Tigerman, read Miss Jones’ other post and cut her some slack :wink:

Brian

Bu Lai En. I don’t see anything wrong asking for the benefits one obviously deserve. Do you think just because you are American you can just get away and not pay for your debts? Didn’t your mama tell you to be responsible? I bet my post got you because you’re one of the guys who like to screw women.

I don’t know about Brian, but I certainly am. :bouncy: However, I prefer the phrase “making looooove”… :wink: :moo:

Miss Jones, you nutter, I was defending your honour there, I’m not American, and no I don’t like to screw women (OK, I do, but for literary stlye, I like to put things in threes). You’ve got me all wrong baby.

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]Tigerman, read Miss Jones’ other post and cut her some slack :wink:

Brian[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that out to me Bu… but I still cut her no slack. If she was having unprotected sex with an unmarried man, was she completely unaware of the possible consequences? Yes, I do believe in men and women being responsible for their actions… but in the case described by BJones, IMO, she is the the party most responsible. She must be… if anything happens, it happens to her.

She acted irresponsibly.

In any event, I will reply to her other post.

Wow, unprotected sex with an unmarried man? Was the bloke HIV or something?

Well, unprotected sex seems to be the order of the day here. The vast majority of Taiwanese girls seem to see condoms as lack of trust.

But HIV positive foreigners are usually expelled, so well, I don’t see any lack of sanctions toward them.