Oh I'm feeling restless

Big John most of the posters know I’m in Chicago, so no need to explain. But then again i did post this in GREATER FORUMOSA, which means…well I won’t go there. As for being a hottie, some say I am but this lady lost her groove, but that’s okay, it’s gonna come back. :sunglasses:

I can’t stand that “where ever you go there you are thing” when it comes to traveling/living abroad. :fume: I’ve gotten to the point of acceptance that I am meant to spend my life abroad, and ain’t nothing wrong with God’s plan for me to do so. Sheeez, it used to be that you were cultured and cool when you ventured out and about, now, everyone is harping on “why you have to leave?” :blah: I can’t understand it? :loco: In the 17th century people were on boats getting out there, finding new places to set their pointy little feet on. And it took months to do it. Now, people can do it in a day, and they act like it’s the worst thing in the world. :idunno:

I could pick up and go, but I have a dog and have to have him go with me. :frowning: So, where ever I go next, it will be a move and he’ll be coming to. :smiley:

But there’s hope…

[quote=“Limey”]What’s to stop you getting a month of work and doing some of these things?

Take a break, go wandering for while, then go home when the windy city is a little less chilly.

L.[/quote]

Well my tax refund is big this year :ponder: I’m thinking…save it for a move or travel. But I want out of the windy city. This winter was really bad for me, mentally, that I’m gonna do what ever it takes to get out of this by 2009!

We need teachers Down Under.

Warm, cheap (ish) and lovely people; not to mention great quality of life, wonderful food and wine, nice holiday spots…shall I go on…?

www.immi.gov.au

Best move I ever made. Seriously.

L. :smiley:

I thought you had two dogs? What happened?

Traveling has nothing to do with running away from yourself. It’s a change, and change helps dearly when restlessness sets in…

marboulette

[quote=“Limey”]We need teachers Down Under.

Warm, cheap (ish) and lovely people; not to mention great quality of life, wonderful food and wine, nice holiday spots…shall I go on…?

www.immi.gov.au

L. :smiley:[/quote]

No kidding? where do you teach and how did you get your job? Where were you from before you went to down under?

[quote=“housecat”][quote=“Limey”]We need teachers Down Under.

www.immi.gov.au

L. :smiley:[/quote]

No kidding? where do you teach and how did you get your job? Where were you from before you went to down under?[/quote]

See, Housecat, it just takes one person to make that breakthru!! There you have it!!! GO FOR IT!!!

Don’t teach here, but I’m originally from England. I was out of my industry for four years and they still offered me a resident visa.

Check this job websiteout

It takes work, cash and dare I say it balls to do, but we (Taiwanese wife & myself) love it - both agree this is the best place for both of us.

Come for a holiday and check the place out.

L :smiley:

I was feeling restless and bored after 3 years back in the States. In need of a new adventure, I joined a charitable climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro and raised US$3650 for eye clinics in Guatemala. One of the best experiences of my life. Now, I have my eyes set on a mountain trek in Bhutan in a couple of years. I need these adventures as a reward for showing up to work day after day.

Sunrise

Team at summit

With dad at summit

Wow! That’s a really cool way to get rid of that restlessness.
Great stuff, smerf.

I wonder if Nama still feels restless?

You might be better off riding a bactrian camel. They have two humps doncha know, and they eat the ice on the ground as the air is so dry that the ice will evaporate when the sun hits it.

And seriously, who on Earth could imagine a Croatian woman on a HORSE? Really?

oh, and do NOT allow your bactrian camel to eat too much ice at one grazing. The sudden temperature change in its belly could actually cause it , uh…death…and then you’d be really restless out about in the middle of the middle of nowhere.

[quote=“BigJohn”]Hi Namahottie,

I understand your restlessness, because I feel my own.

Here’s your solution, but it is not mine. (We each walk a different path): Go shopping at Zhongxiao East Rd after work on Friday. Buy a fake LV purse. Then go to a nightmarket for dinner.

On the way home, drop by Blockbuster for a few New Release!!! DVD’s. Watch them at home.

The next day, Saturday, SLEEEP!

Later that day, have some pao4 mien4 and then play online games until late. When its late, start MSN’ing friends, or checkout new “friends” on Facebook.

The next day, Sunday, you can strive to be so self-unaware that you won’t even remember what you did the next day!

Monday morning, all that restlessness is sure to be gone!

If that doesn’t work, then go to KTV with some female (ex) students. Drink beer, eat terrible food, and sing sappy love ballads with your face close to the TV.

If that doesn’t work either, and you still feel restless, then girl, you need a fortune teller.

I hope this advice is useful.

PS Are you a hottie? And why “Nama”? Is that Namibia?[/quote]

:bravo: ah yes the taiwanese dream…works for them why can’t it work for us?

IF I remember correctly she IS a hottie. And she can come to SF and I can do my best to un-bore her. :slight_smile: