Oh noes...another foreigner on a rant

Some people just don’t know how to keep up a rant.

Exactly. A proper rant should end only with you being threatened with suspension by the admins. Good christ, man, you didn’t even call anyone rude names. Poor showing.

Aww…you two pups wouldn’t know a good rant if it crawled up up yer legs and bite yer dangle bit.
Why…when I wuz a pup a good rant started with a kick to tha goolies and didn’t stop till broken glass and body parts were on the floor…ya whipper-snappers today…with yer ‘polo’ shirts and real shoes…:granpa:

[quote=“rob_the_canuck”]

So what does my dad-in-law say? It was half my fault for pulling over on the side of the road! .[/quote]

Well he is right. If you open your door and a pssing vehicle hits it you are completely in the wrong and have to pay all the other persons damages.

Maybe you sould take time to learn the law around here.

Perhaps you need to note that objects may be closer than they appear in the mirror. :smiley: :smiley:

You’re all a bunch of poo-poo ninny heads and I’m gonna tell my mum!

…good enough for ya?

You’re all a bunch of poo-poo ninny heads and I’m gonna tell my mum!

…good enough for ya?[/quote]
Geez man, you didn’t have to cross the line like that. :frowning:

[quote=“rob_the_canuck”]What can I say…perhaps I was being a wee-bit stubborn. Perhaps I was allowing my emotions cloud my emotions. I guess I was more pissed off about banging up my dad-in-law’s car than anything else. Sometimes I need to be beaten over the head with a point before I get it…

I am grateful that the old guy didn’t get hurt and that his scooter didn’t suffer any damage.

And btw, I would not rather blame the owner of the drink stand. They were stupid for leaving it in the only legal parking area, but I was the one who chose to park there. It may take some time and thought, but I always own up to my mistakes. And having given thought to the comments of people who more than likely have more experience in matters like this, I can see that this was indeed my fault.

jd, yeah, I’m okay, thanks for asking.[/quote]

Good form, Rob; good form. :bravo:

Ta hell with it! Death to old people on scooters everywhere, and improperly parked drink/sausage/stinky tofu/ fruit stands as well!

The foreign community has had enough of this injustice! Brothers and sisters, we must take up arms! Protect your rights! Lets show them how the civilized world does things! Yeah!

I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I
wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and
guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill,
KILL, KILL.

Sorry, I just thought I would even this thread out for you a little, Rob the canuck. Are you any relation to Oontalunkiat, son of Nanutvtinak? We may be cousins.

I feel for you, Rob.

Most scooter drivers fall into two categories - slow drivers to the point that they’re hazards on the road (doing 20 in a 50 zone or something) and people who think that all drivers have their eyes on them, anticipating their every move at all times.

Lucky for those in the later category, I actually check my mirrors from time to time.

But yeah, the point is, I can see how a little slip up like yours could happen to pretty much any driver in Taiwan.

Some of those little fuckers just blast down the road with no regard for anything that isn’t DIRECTLY in front of them. It’s a wonder that road rage isn’t a big issue here(compared to in north america).

Don’t know if you Scots have something similar, but in Aust when someone first gets their license they have to display “P” plates on the car for a year. “P” standing for provisional. Small, red and white plastic things that you attach to the front and back.

Anyway. About 15 years ago, a Porsche came barreling along the street I lived on doing warp speed. With “P” plates on it. Driver would have been 17-18. More than likely his fathers car.

One hour later, while coming out of a cafe. Saw the same Porsche stopped at the side of the road. Same “P” plates. Same 17-18 year old driver. Flames billowing out the engine bay. Fire trucks on the way. I laughed. A lot.

L plates we call them. You can’t drive unless there’s a full license holder sitting beside you.

ah, these are after the L plates, which we have for three months minimum, and in NSW now they are required for three years after getting your licence. the last year or two are a green P rather than a red. stands for provisional licence… not a bad idea, actually, and there are also speed restrictions and limits on passengers and night time driving.

In the US, depending on the state. They issue Driving Permits, which are suppose to restrict driving only with a fully licensed person in the passenger seat.

But are the P indicators useful. I know when I see “student driver” signs on a car, I don’t treat it as a normal driver. With the P indicator, wouldn’t everyone treat the driver differently, thus they would never learn what normal driving conditions are?

[quote=“canucktyuktuk”]Ta hell with it! Death to old people on scooters everywhere, and improperly parked drink/sausage/stinky tofu/ fruit stands as well!

The foreign community has had enough of this injustice! Brothers and sisters, we must take up arms! Protect your rights! Lets show them how the civilized world does things! Yeah!

I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I
wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and
guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill,
KILL, KILL.

Sorry, I just thought I would even this thread out for you a little, Rob the canuck. Are you any relation to Oontalunkiat, son of Nanutvtinak? We may be cousins.[/quote]

Yeah bring on Guthrie :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“sandman”]L plates we call them. You can’t drive unless there’s a full license holder sitting beside you.[/quote]In Wales you can get D-Plates. Some people use P-Plates after they pass they test, P stands for “probationary” here. I don’t think many people used them because they make you look like a dork.