Oh noes! my child got kidknapped

Too bad I don’t have any :slight_smile: .

Well I finally recieved my “We’ve kidknapped your child, gimme money!” phone call today. I’m amazed people fall for this scam actually, or mebbe its just the people who called me are retards because a deaf person could tell that I was listening to a recording.

Its also Sunday today and the banks are closed, and even if I were to use a ATM to transfer money I could only transfer around 30k, bad risk vs reward imo, risk of jail for only around 1k USD :stuck_out_tongue: .

I was laughing my ass off when they called and I called for my old lady to listen to the recording but they hung up before she got to the phone :frowning: .

Boy, those crooks aren’t very creative at all. That scam is so last year. Who falls for that stuff anyway?

yes, it is a Taiwanese hobby to make such phone calls. Do not take it serious.

Plenty of people fall for it and those tax refund or ATM transfer scams. This tactic has been very popular in Mexico for a long time (where kidnapping is a real issue)

I just tell them they can have the kid. Never liked my kids anyway. :smiley:

[quote=“Qrap”]Too bad I don’t have any :slight_smile: .

Well I finally recieved my “We’ve kidknapped your child, gimme money!” phone call today.[/quote]
Caller: We’ve got your wife and kid.
Callee: My wife? My kid? What do you mean? I’m not married.
Caller: Well, uh, we’ve got your brother then.
Callee: My brother? Timmy?
Caller: Yeah, we’ve got him. And he’s sitting on a bomb. If you don’t pay up, no more Timmy.
Callee: So, what do I have to do?
Caller: Transfer all your money to Account Number 3XC-675-XP401.

Callee goes to ATM and transfers money FROM 3XC-675-XP401 into his own account.

Too bad you have to know the PIN number to do that. :unamused:

I was sitting next to a woman when she got one of those “transfer us your money calls” (not kidnapping). After the call she rang the police. The police weren’t in the slightest bit interested. She told them that during the call the caller had given her the number of the “police” line for checking out the caller’s bona fides, and couldn’t the police call it and trace the number?

Nah. Couldn’t be arsed.

[quote=“21p”]I was sitting next to a woman when she got one of those “transfer us your money calls” (not kidnapping). After the call she rang the police. The police weren’t in the slightest bit interested. She told them that during the call the caller had given her the number of the “police” line for checking out the caller’s bona fides, and couldn’t the police call it and trace the number?

Nah. Couldn’t be arsed.[/quote]
Of course they couldn’t. That’s the government’s job, which is why you can now only withdraw NT$30,000 per day. Fucking brilliant. “For the convenience of the public” my arse. But imposing a poorly planned, poorly thought out, extremely inconvenient and ultimately useless rule is FAR FAR easier than getting the keystones to do their fucking jobs.
Taiwan government at its chabudo best.

Do not understand why this topic was not floundered but could you please go and edit the bullshit you posted, PLEASE! A good number of posters here are wealthy and have children!

I think the guy was just having a little fun. I think this topic wasn’t floundered, well, because it has some use. This scam has been around for a long time now. It involves somebody phoning you and claiming to have a relative of yours, usually your child. They don’t actually have your child of course (they likely don’t even know if you have a kid). They are just hoping you’ll give them the money. While they do mention relatives that you love (if they mention a relative you actually have), they don’t actually have them or attempt to abduct them. Family member’s safety is not an issue. These calls are random and an old scam, so we’re having a little fun with it. No wealthy people or children were harmed in our fun with the scammer jerks.

You need to hook your phone up to your computer. Then when someone calls you with bullshit, you can reply using an arnold schwarzenegger sound board… albinoblacksheep.com/flash/arnold.php

“C’mon, don’t bullshit me…you son of a bitch.” :laughing:

my father-in-law was actully kidnapped about 20 years ago. It was over a 500,000 debt. they called his wife and threatened to kill him if they didnt get the money.

He stayed there for about 4 days before he drank all their beer and ate all the food. When everyone lef to go to kareoke he just walked out and went home. they didnt even bother to tie him up.
I think he was rather enjoying himself.

Do not understand why this topic was not floundered but could you please go and edit the bullshit you posted, PLEASE! A good number of posters here are wealthy and have children![/quote]

If those posters don’t understand the scam situation and the reality of dealing with potential real kidnappers, then soon they won’t be wealthy and when their kids find out how dumb they were to transfer money - they may not have any kids who own up to them being their parents!

A fool and his family, and money, are soon parted.

Nice to see Glenn Ford and Mel Gibson like characters still live.

OOC