Oh the fighting

I’d just quickly like to present what I perceive is the reason for all the immature mudslinging in these forums, and the reason that so many threads, once productive and interesting discussions, become polluted with petty arguments and either lose their usefulness or are committed to the flame forum. :x

All those upstanding defenders of Taiwan and the Taiwanese, who day-in day-out, regardless of the political climate, current affairs or any form of logic, who are most likely not even in Taiwan at the moment, seem to thrive on nitpicking, and dismantling some poor person’s post, who’s complaining about a bad day.

So someone says something about a bad experience they had that day. This does not make them racist! I simply think people are becoming increasingly oversensitive. Let the poor people vent damn you! :cry:

And if someone makes you angry inside a forum, go beat up the clerk at the nearest 7-11 (gone are the days where it was the other way around) :wink:

What do you all think about this? (Maybe I’m just having a bad day) :smiley:

[quote=“LazyMF”]All those upstanding defenders of Taiwan and the Taiwanese, who day-in day-out, regardless of the political climate, current affairs or any form of logic, who are most likely not even in Taiwan at the moment, seem to thrive on nitpicking, and dismantling some poor person’s post, who’s complaining about a bad day.

So someone says something about a bad experience they had that day. This does not make them racist! I simply think people are becoming increasingly oversensitive. Let the poor people vent damn you! :cry:

What do you all think about this?[/quote]

I have know idea what happened today, but I do know that:

This isn’t my webite. The “owners” can do whatever they want.

That’s all I need to know.

[start butt kissing]
I think the people running this site are doing a fine job giving people information about living Taiwan.
[butt kissing ends here].

No one was forced to use this site (I hope). When it stops being useful/fun/entertaining one can move on.

You asked. Eye answered.

Wait a minute, are you upset about posts getting moved to the flame forum or people nit picking? :?

Either way this forum seems :unamused: to be geared toward info. about Taiwan.

Posts that get moved to the flame forum usually don’t have any good info about Taiwan. The “nit pickers” are usually bothered by people that don’t post “good” info about Taiwan.

If one was just interested in info about Taiwan (living and such) one would be very happy with this forum.

Like me :smiley:

There are a lot of assholes out there who simply can’t take a joke, think they are beyond criticism, and that we should be eternally grateful for reading every golden word they type.
One casual poster here actually made a written complaint to my boss before because I revealed a few home truths about him on Oriented. Such people (and they are usually the newbie posters, not the regulars) deserve all the contempt they get. Then, of course we have the guys who like to tell us how much they work out in the gym (:roll:). Enough said on that one.
If Segue is indeed a community, then new members should try to understand the mores of the community before posting inflammatory material or forcefully asseting their opinions on an issue. Else confrontation is inevitable.
The real wankers on this forum usually get bored pretty quickly and disappear anyway. I assume they go elsewhere to try to seek attention … maybe back to the gym or making spectacles of themselves in nightmarkets.

Monkey-1
LazyMF-0

i hear there is a forum called :stuck_out_tongue: Tealit :laughing: if you can’t take it don’t play with fire.

There is also this sort of ebb and flow in the sensibility of the forums. For a while, things will get strange and infantile – as they are now. Then the tide will turn (metaphor agreement alert!) and things will get interesting.
Just wait.

“Even if all his life a fool associates with a wise man, he will not appreciate the truth, even as the spoon does not appreciate the flavor of the soup.”
The Buddha

It must have something to do with the weather. :wink:

Wow Don, thanks so much for that… That was informative, constructive and useful.

I don’t think monkey was criticising what I wrote… :? …right?

All points taken though. I’m not going to waste everyone’s time clarifying what I meant by my original post, except to say that I find it a little upsetting on those occasions when I read a decent post, and then find nothing but useless mudslinging following it.

-Dave :smiley: