Oh! The Irony that is the KMT!

When one considers that KMT supporters used a huge effigy of Chen Shui-bian as a Nazi – shown across the world – it is truly shameful.

However, when one considers that the son of Chiang Kai-shek trained in the Nazi military and wore that very same swastika (well – not exactly), then one knows how truly unenlightened these people really are.

[quote]
Chiang Kai-shek had sent his eldest son, Chiang Ching-kuo to the Soviet Union to study, but it became impossible for him to send Wei-kuo there after the KMT violently ended its alliance with the Chinese Communists in the Shanghai Massacre. Consequently, he sent Wei-kuo to Nazi Germany for military training instead. During his time in Germany, he served as a Lieutenant commanding a panzer tank during the 1938 Anschluss with Austria. Afterwards, he returned to China and quickly rose through the ranks through his father’s connections. He became a major at 28, a lieutenant colonel at 29, a colonel at 32, and major general at 34.[/quote]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiang_Wei-kuo

(thanks to Comrade Stalin for this gem)

Lee Teng Hui was a Communist. CCP Member, even; underling of Mao Zedong, if you will. But I guess that’s not enough irony for STOP_Ma.

Chiang Ching-kuo was educated in the USSR under Stalin, lived in the USSR and married a Soviet citizen. When he returned to China and later Taiwan, he set up the security apparatus in the NKVD’s image. Taiwan was run more on the Soviet model than the Maoist model. As the KMT was organized as a Leninist organization by the Soviets under Borodin and none of the Chiang’s were educated or had experience with life in a democratic country, should anyone be surprised the ROC under the KMT was a two-bit dictatorship? It wasn’t even a successful dictatorship. If it hadn’t have been for US aid and the economic spinoffs from the Vietnam War, Taiwan would now be little better than North Korea.

Damn…I miss all the fun.

Well it is not like CSB was educated in the West. So all this Nazi and USSR teaching has been passed down to CSB, not to mention a little bit of Japanese Imperialism.

There are a couple of candidate in 2008 that were Western educated in liberal USA. Perhaps we should vote for them, instead of people who insist on only being educated in Taiwan.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Well it is not like CSB was educated in the West. So all this Nazi and USSR teaching has been passed down to CSB, not to mention a little bit of Japanese Imperialism.

There are a couple of candidate in 2008 that were Western educated in liberal USA. Perhaps we should vote for them, instead of people who insist on only being educated in Taiwan.[/quote]

Annette Lu is US educated. I’m not feeling hopeful the next Harvard round will be any less loopy than she.

Not being educated in the west means one has been fed Nazi and USSR teaching? AC, you really insult our intelligence sometimes. :unamused:

In her defense, she did come to the USA during the “free love” era of the 70’s. Hanging around commie pinko hippies in Harvard Yard does have long lasting effect. Especially prior to Ms. Reagan most effective and persuasive “Just say no” campaign against recreational drug use.

I would fully support the DPP decision to allow her to run for the Presidential Office in 2008.

Obviously I need to work at this part of my writing skill. Readers are suppose to feel insulted all the time, not just part of the time. sigh

Why are pro-China members patronize others?

:astonished: because patronize others are an evil cult…

is that you lizi?..

Sometimes? :unamused:

[quote] If it hadn’t have been for US aid and the economic spinoffs from the Vietnam War, Taiwan would now be little better than North Korea.
[/quote]

That’s selling the Taiwanese people a bit short.

Besides, if the Guomindang had won the Chinese Civil War and the Republic of China controlled all of China, the world would be a better place :smiley:

If the KMT had won the civil war, Taiwan would still be poor, because it wouldn’t need to be used as a “demonstration area” for capitalism.

If the KMT had won the civil war, Japan would be much worse off because it would not need to be a bulwark against communism, but on the other hand, northern China would be facing off against a land adversary with nuclear weapons for the entire cold war. The plains to the north was the easy invasion route for millenia. The capital would probably have stayed put at Nanjing. The USSR would have been a lot more aggressive in its land grab in Asia… During the Korean War, the USSR would probably invade China… all in all, not a pleasant situation, either.