Okay to buy "ding jia gai" (home w/ stolen rooftop)?

What’s worse is all those new condos that go up are about 10% occupied on average. People just pokemon them.

I think the rooftops are great for solar panels though.

2 Likes

This is pretty cool, thanks for the share! 613 sq ft seems reasonable. Long term lease would make it worth it to renovate!

1 Like

And Taiwan equals oximoron.

2 Likes

Because rent is getting so expensive in taipei, they probably got really cheap rent for multi year lease.

1 Like

I would definitely welcome renters that wanted to fix up the place and sign a long lease!

1 Like

Not that bad compared to Turkey though… Reason so many die in the earthquake because their buildings are literally constructed out of thoughts and prayers… and lack of steel reinforcement where needed.

1 Like

Remember that this is Taiwan. People run red lights, get hit and then blame everyone else. Many landlords just keep on bullshitting because they do think they’ll never get caught. If they do, then they’ll blame the government for failing to inform them properly. I used to work for a cram school owner who’d freak out every time his school was inspected (and of course fined for violations). It was always everyone else’s fault but he never mentioned the fact that he was cheating his employees and the government. It’s this never ending cycle until something really serious happens and then they quickly empty their bank accounts and disappear.

2 Likes

To be fair though, I’ve recently notice number a sidewalks cleared of scooters. It was really weird but quite nice. Not sure how long that will last though.

2 Likes

I totally agree!

1 Like