Olympic Tank T-shirts - Non Order-related posts

Maoman offered to look at having them done at the same place as the Forumosa tees, but wanted to wait until we saw the quality of those before pushing it thru. So we’re awaiting word from him. The cost should be about the same as the Forumosas plus a few tens of NT for the extra colors.

These are going to be ready before the 2008 Olympics, right?

Is it possible to get a 4x?

I found the 3X Forumosa t-shirt to be a little on the snug side.

What’s the status of this thing, and how can I test the sizes of the shirts? I thought I’d get the XL’s, but so far everyone is moving up a size. Concerned. . . .

Can we have a status report?

Helloooooooooooooo?

Is it too late to put in an order? I’d like an XXL, if they shrink.

Has there been a wrinkle in this t-shirt plot? Any chance we could iron it out somehow, before it fades from memory? I’m a-frayed the olympics will come before the shirts get made and we’re all left hung out to dry.

Fearsome.

I would still like one of these shirts. 3Q!

[quote=“Maoman”]The Beijing Olympic Tank T-Shirt is finally becoming a reality!

[b]The t-shirts will be available for $400NT in the following sizes:
4XL: No numbers available.
3XL: No numbers available.
2XL: 48 inches wide, 30 inches long. Suitable for people over 180 cms.
XL: 46 inches wide, 29 inches long. Suitable for people around 180 cms.
L: 43 inches wide, 28 inches long. Suitable for people around 175 cms.
M: 42 inches wide, 27 inches long. Suitable for people around 168 cms.
S: 40 inches wide, 26 inches long. Suitable for people around165 cms.
Kids XL: Suitable for 6th and 7th graders. 38 inches wide, 24 inches long. Suitable for kids around 55 kilos.
Kids L: Suitable for 5th and 6th graders. 36 inches wide, 23 inches long. Suitable for kids around 50 kilos.
Kids M: Suitable for 3rd and 4th graders. 34 inches wide, 21.5 inches long. Suitable for kids under 50 kilos.
Kids S: Suitable for 1st and 2nd graders. 32 inches wide, <21.5 inches long. Suitable for kids under 50 kilos.

[/b] To give you some idea of what the sizes are like: I ordered a 2XL last time, but I think a 3XL or even a 4XL would be a better fit. I’m a fairly big (read fat) guy - I’m 184cms tall, and I weigh 104 kilos. Vanessa, my wife, is 154cms tall, and even now, six months months pregnant, she’s wearing her “Size S” t-shirt comfortably. In fact, it was probably a little too big for her up until now. Please sign up for your t-shirts here - don’t send me a PM or an e-mail. I will be taking names up until the next Happy Hour, and delivering at the one after that. You can pay when you pick up your shirt.

The design of the Beijing Olympic Tank t-shirt is roughly as below, although not to scale. Both the logo on the front and the back are larger. It should look pretty good, at any rate. :sunglasses:

[/quote]

My work net nanny thing doesn’t seem to allow me to see the t-shirts, but given my proximity to China, I may well want one.

is there anyway someone can post a pic or the design in a manner I can see it?

HG

Colour(s)?
Design(s)?

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]My work net nanny thing doesn’t seem to allow me to see the t-shirts, but given my proximity to China, I may well want one.

is there anyway someone can post a pic or the design in a manner I can see it?

HG[/quote]

your nanny sucks

Trust me, get two. You’ll like them. Think calligraphy tank and calligraphy man standing in front of it, and the wheels of the tank are the Olympics rings. :smiling_imp:

Only one colour for this t-shirt - white. We will be offering other Forumosa.com t-shirts (non-Beijing Olympics) in the very near future.

Front, back? Forumosa logo, or no?

Are these American sizes or Chinese sizes.

If Chinese, I’ll be ordering the 3XL, if American, the 1XL…

Cheers Maoman, that didn’t work either, but fortunately Meester Her dropped me a pic via e-mail.

Thanks.

HG

I think you should sell the shirt to more than just the forumosa crowd. I have a feeling a lot of people would buy a shirt like that…

how much is an ad on CNN international?

MM, just put the tank logo on the front. Maybe a small forumosa.com logo under the collar on the back, but small eh?

The shirt is supposed to be a political statement, not an ad for f.com!

What ever happened to Andre, the designer? He hasn’t posted in about 6 months AFAIK. I wanted to contact him because I have a couple friends in the States who want to print their own tee with this design on the front (so I wanted to ask his permission for that). Those friends aren’t Forumosans and aren’t in Taiwan, so they don’t really want the hybrid Forumosa/Tank version which I’m buying for myself. (I already have four [color=blue]Forumosan [/color]tees – I don’t need more.) Originally I wanted 10 (I was going to mail most abroad as gifts), but now I’m dropping the order to 2-3 as a result. :frowning:

Ditto. I’d gift a dozen or more these shirts, but to people in places where f.com is all out of context. I’m looking at having a jersey made with the design on the chest, “Tiananmen” across the shoulders, and the number “89”. And again, I’d want his ok (again) to do it. Maybe get a signature added? He deserves credit.

He must be checking f.com every now and then, though. I sent him a pm about it yesterday, and while he didn’t answer, it’s been read. Andre, you genius, answer your mail!