Olympics Prep: Blacks Banned in Beijing Bars

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]

[quote]Africans in Beijing harassed as Olympics approach -
In interviews yesterday, a number of Africans said they are facing discriminatory rules from Beijing’s bars and nightclubs as the Olympics approach.

A woman from Liberia, who is co-owner of a hair salon in Beijing, said she was outraged when she visited a popular Beijing nightclub and found that the entrance fee for black people was twice as high as for other foreigners.

Even if they managed to enter the club, the black patrons were prohibited from sitting at the tables, she said.[/quote]

:astonished:[/quote]

Yeah, but these bars are businesses. If they want to cater to the racist demographic and make the blacks stand up in clubs or sit at the back of the bus, that’s ok, right? Or if the demographic they cater too wants to see the blacks get beaten South Africa style that’s ok too :wink:

This post is satire, click the link for an explanation. If you need to read this, you are too stupid to be on the Internet. And that is really saying something

Then again, maybe the cops in Beijing ARE that stupid. If the Globe and Mail, Canada’s top newspaper, says it’s so, then who am I to say it’s not? I just have a hard time believing people can be such ham-handed, bone-headed, hairly-knuckled, hypo-cephalic, pre-neanderthal fuckwits.

I wonder who created the actual directive? Mayor of Beijing? Public security chief of Beijing? Or some daft underling, soon to be reassigned to Gansu?

[quote=“BigJohn”]Then again, maybe the cops in Beijing ARE that stupid. If the Globe and Mail, Canada’s top newspaper, says it’s so, then who am I to say it’s not? I just have a hard time believing people can be such ham-handed, bone-headed, hairly-knuckled, hypo-cephalic, pre-neanderthal fuckwits.

I wonder who created the actual directive? Mayor of Beijing? Public security chief of Beijing? Or some daft underling, soon to be reassigned to Gansu?[/quote]

Well, it doesn’t help that most of the society look at Blacks with disgust.

Even here in Taiwan, people loath Blacks. Of course not everyone, but If your a taiwanese girl and you really want to attract a lot of attention, hold your hand with a black man and walk in the city of hmmm, well Taizhong for starters. I think Taipei is a bit better though.

It seems to be common to all the countries I’ve been to in Asia. I.e. Japan, Korea. Taiwan, Thailand. People say things about Africans and Middle Easterners that they definitely wouldn’t say in Europe.

Of course, you have to wonder how healthy the Euro model is. It’s not like people there are any more accepting of people from those parts of the world, it’s just that openly implying they are bad as a group is frowned upon. The worst case is Sweden where if you’re from Africa or the Middle East you have a very low chance of getting a job. But everyone is so PC on the surface, outraged by the mere implication that given the dismal integration rate foreigners, particularly visibly different foreigners have in Swedish society, maybe the rules should be changed.

At least the more openly xenophobic ‘Asian’ model doesn’t let people in as asylum seekers and then dump in public housing on benefits with no real hope of ever getting a job.

[quote=“KingZog”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]

[quote]Africans in Beijing harassed as Olympics approach -
In interviews yesterday, a number of Africans said they are facing discriminatory rules from Beijing’s bars and nightclubs as the Olympics approach.

A woman from Liberia, who is co-owner of a hair salon in Beijing, said she was outraged when she visited a popular Beijing nightclub and found that the entrance fee for black people was twice as high as for other foreigners.

Even if they managed to enter the club, the black patrons were prohibited from sitting at the tables, she said.[/quote]

:astonished:[/quote]

Yeah, but these bars are businesses. If they want to cater to the racist demographic and make the blacks stand up in clubs or sit at the back of the bus, that’s ok, right? Or if the demographic they cater too wants to see the blacks get beaten South Africa style that’s ok too :wink:

This post is satire, click the link for an explanation. If you need to read this, you are too stupid to be on the Internet. And that is really saying something
[/quote]bold added

Satire? Doesn’t satire usually have an easily recognized point?

That item appears to be lacking here. Or is ambiguity now considered a worthy goal?

from the linked post:
“Too much angst from the UK contingent.”

Spot on!

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“KingZog”]
[/quote]bold added

Satire? Doesn’t satire usually have an easily recognized point?

That item appears to be lacking here. Or is ambiguity now considered a worthy goal?
[/quote]
In the the post of yours I linked to you said that businesses should be allowed to bar people for whatever reason. I just took it to the extreme where they bar customers based on skin colour.

Do you support that?