🥇 Olympics - The Tokyo Olympics 2021

Silver medals for Taiwan’s archery team

4 Likes

Taiwan was pretty good in the final but the Koreans are just on a different planet. Three golds from them in the three archery team events that have concluded so far.

They’ve also qualified 1,2,3 and 1,2,4 in the Women’s Individual and Men’s Individual Archery events respectively, so it’s possible that they get Gold, Silver and Bronze (all 3) in both those categories. If they miraculously manage to achieve that, it would mean a perfect Olympics (literally best possible result) and create sporting history.

2 Likes

All the archery medalists were East Asian countries. They really corner the market on the bows and arrows, don’t they?

Netherlands was actually the second seed and performed poorly from semis onwards (lost to Taiwan and Japan). Mexico is also a historically strong archery country. Taiwan, Japan was an unexpected 2-3.

Korea is just miles ahead of everyone else though, lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, I lived in Korea for a while. I remember they took it super seriously. Good for them I say.

1 Like

Download VPNExpress. Free one month trial. It allows your computer to use IP address of other countries. I then use the websites PeacockTV for the USA feed, CBCGem for Canada, TVNZ for New Zealand. There are heaps of other options as well.

1 Like

What a fine 200m butterfly swim (1:54.44) from 王冠閎, 19 year old from Taiwan. He won his heat and was the second-fastest today in the pack. For some perspective, this is one second away from Phelps’ gold medal winning swim in Rio 2016. Hope he can make the final tomorrow!

4 Likes

@Marasan, did you see the video of this butterfly heat? Fantastic. I’m not sure if watching the video is giving me pointers on dolphin kick, or just making me give in to despair …

1 Like

Japan having a comeback in the table tennis. No GB, no TW, so got to cheer against China.

2 Likes

Watching now too.

Yes, I watched it. I hope he medals. Swimming here in Taiwan needs a boost. We need more interested. I guess he swims for a team in California.

Butterfly kick. Maybe in another life and at a younger age! Love that whip action though.

2 Likes

This is who I support, GB or TW, or anyone who is up against China.

3 Likes

Japan!!!

Didn’t expect the result from the first 2 sets.

TW pair got a bronze.

1 Like

For some reason I can’t find it on google search nor can I find it in forumosa search so I apologize if this has already been asked…

What channels are the games on? I know 51, but any others?

(so sorry if this is a terribly obvious question gahh but I’ve already spent 20 minutes searching and I’ve given up)

I only know 51. I think there are more if you have MOD.

1 Like

Pts3 is mod?

2 Likes

In the video above, I love that Japanese volunteer desperately trying to keep that wild maskless coach in line! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Unfortunately he couldn’t repeat this performance today. He was slower than yesterday at 1:55.54 in the semi finals which narrowly made him miss the final (by like 0.2 seconds). Still an impressive prospect as he is only 19. He’s also like 20cm shorter than the rest at 175cm and still managing a top 10 finish at the Olympics!

4 Likes