On free speech and punching.

Speaking of gibberish, what are you talking about?

I cannot argue with that.

:eek: :astonished: :scream:

We’re watching you, human!
:rage: :angry: :rage: :angry: :rage: :angry: :rage:

1 Like

Well, that other thread has gone off topic yet again. So I’ll put this point about Milo in this one, where it’s more at home…

Certain people are “befuddled” that Milo would choose to embrace the right when it’s the left that are so pro-gay. Doesn’t he know who his enemies and friends are? The right hates gays! The left loves gays! They say so all the time! It’s, it’s… false consciousness!

No, it’s true consciousness. Milo isn’t stupid. He’s friends with people who don’t threaten to hurt him. The leftist mobs on campus are scary. They’re violent. They don’t tolerate his particular variety of diversity. They have their pigeonholes, and he doesn’t quite belong in any of them, and they hate him for that.

As for the right… they actually ARE diverse. Some like him more than others do. But they’re not an existential threat. That’s the difference.

Antifa is the ugly face of leftist hypocrisy and intolerance. If they don’t like your words, they try to bash in your skull. Because words HURT, man.

Sticks and stones may break your bones, and that’s why Antifa has been declared a terrorist organization. That’s also free speech absolutism is by far the more reasonable position.

If the snowflakes stick to whining and screaming at the sky, we can ignore them. If they start getting violent, then we need to slap them down hard. Never, ever allow screaming toddlers to set the agenda for society. They need a time out. And if that doesn’t work, they need to be spanked.

Because Milo isn’t harming anyone. He’s not the problem. He’s the diagnosis. He’s the messenger. He’s alerting us to the problem. And the problem is all those screaming assholes telling him (and others) to SHUT UP OR ELSE.

I never tell anyone to shut up or else, because I’m a grownup. But I do tell people to stop hitting me or else. And I mean it.

Someone once said “hit back twice as hard.” He also said a lot of other stuff that was bullshit, but he said this, and about this he was dead right.

Free speech absolutism is the best absolutism.

I used to wonder what KKK types thought of Ivanka. Then I saw one of them (I forget which group he was in, not necessarily the Klan itself) saying in an interview at or around the time of Charlottesville that they wanted a leader like Donnie but who wouldn’t “give his daughter to a Jew”.

You can say Ivanka proves Donnie is a great supporter of freedom of religion, his one or two black friends prove he supports racial equality, Milo and Peter Thiel prove he’s “pro-gay”, and so on. People will still be skeptical, and understandably so, given the overall situation.

Skepticism is wonderful. We need more of it. For instance, never let other people define for you what does or doesn’t count as part of the “overall situation.”

(The great thing about The Donald is he doesn’t feel the need to virtue signal. He just does his thing and lets everyone else try to figure it out. Not that he’s got nothing to prove, but he doesn’t let anyone tell him what he should be trying to prove.)

Oh no, not this again! :rofl:

The only people who seem concerned by this are on the right. Some keep harping on it, like you didn’t notice or it was somehow important to you. Yawn! Get real, no one cares. Gay, straight, bi, or other, he’s an idiot, end of story.

No, they hate him because he’s an idiot who says offensive things to shock people and doesn’t care that he’s annoying.

Existential? No more than the far right idiots. If they’re violent, arrest all of them and make it stick.

Yep, slap them down.

He’s a meaningless, if annoying, nobody. When the radical right goes away, the radical left goes away too. There’s enough idiots on both sides, but they’ll get theirs sooner or later.

1 Like

The horseshoe diagram illustrates they’re almost the same thing. And they won’t go away, singly or together.

We just need to keep the yahoos of all varieties from taking over. Keep them contained. A kind of Cold War.

Come to think of it, this is why society invented the police. An imperfect solution, but better than letting the criminal types run wild.

Love him or loathe him, it’s undeniable that Milo has added some glamour to the debate. Picture in your mind an extremist bore/boor and I warrant it will be an overweight chap with a goatee and questionable personal hygiene.

Now, Milo has overturned that stereotype. He’s fabulous.

Unfortunately he is not meaningless, in the sense that he is pointless and harmless. Same with Richard Spencer. They has a dedicated following and his message does reach out to people. Eventually their message will gain strength and it will go from a small inconvenient grass fire to all an all out forest inferno. The support they receive by people protecting them and going to bat for him feed them and give legitimacy to their cause. That is what is frightening.

Richard Spencer seems to be much more impactful. Milo’s just a yapping talking head. Those guys come and go.

1 Like

This is what I’ve been saying. He’s smart enough to antagonize people and frustrate them. But he’s just all over the place with no real agenda other then to say whatever comes to mind that’s going to piss people off. He pretty much baits people and proves his point when people fall for it.

2 Likes

That almost makes him sound like Andy Kauffman. But, that would be insulting to Andy Kauffman.

Isn’t any police the antithesis to rights?

If speech and expression are, as you say, absolute, then wouldn’t that include every action and word spoken or written?

We’re been over this before. It’s like a self defense course with a different fruit every week…
:apple: :kiwi_fruit: :lemon: :strawberry: :banana: :doh:

1 Like

I just want clarification. What is wrong with that?

I’m guess it’s all the games I’ve been playing killing nazis that makes me want to punch one waving a nazi flag.

https://youtu.be/bkrwUzWeACg

Ben Shapiro was spot on about milo.
https://youtu.be/eioRmh9xlU4

1 Like

Oh, that is rich.