On-line World Report for Taiwan

Hello all,

I’m a 15 year res. of Taiwan and also a video maker. I run an on-line streaming video service here in Taiwan with video streaming servers in Taiwan, the U.S. and Holland. I’m interested in creating a CNN World Report style streaming video program for Taiwan. At this point what I need is people who have DV, HI8 or VHS camera that are willing to go out and tape things and send to me for streaming on the servers I run.

At this point I only stream media in the Windows Streaming format. This would be a good way to not only tell people about Taiwan, but show them on-line too!

Drop me a message if you would like to take part in putting this together.

You might consider approaching ORIENTED.org for co-branding/co-promotion in your effort. That way people who use the discussion boards could easily upload video to your site and then link to it from ORIENTED. Knowing the time restraints of the ORIENTED team, I doubt they would have a lot of time to do a lot of coding to integrate the two sites, but they might be willing to cross-promote, so the already-large following of ORIENTED and the messaging system could be used to attract people to “see” what they are talking about.

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy: You might consider approaching ORIENTED.org for co-branding/co-promotion in your effort. That way people who use the discussion boards could easily upload video to your site and then link to it from ORIENTED.

Hello Jeremy! I’ve sent an email to the people at ORIENTED but no reply yet. You can take a look at what the on-linne videos we have looks like at WDEVN. The site is kept simple and both in Chinese and English. All a user has to do to view public files click on the DV tab and make sure they have the Windows Media Player 7.1 for either PC or MAC installed. For best viewing of the videos, a broadband connection of the like os ADSL 128+ is recommended.

Please feel free to contact me for any other information.

I took a look at a few of the videos there. Nice work. Did you use MediaStudio Pro to do it? Or are some of these initial videos done by others?

Yea, the ORIENTED team has a lot on their plate at the moment, so it might be a while before you get a reply.

Hey WDEVN, can you stream CNBC in the US for me, or FOX or ESPN networks or some other channels in the US please? I would pay you to access it if the speeds were good enough and I could actually change the channels from here. Just route your USA cable TV into the internet for me please. :slight_smile:

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy: I took a look at a few of the videos there. Nice work. Did you use MediaStudio Pro to do it? Or are some of these initial videos done by others?

About 90% of the productions were edited with Media Studio Pro and other Ulead products. A few people just send me their raw video and I edit it for streaning.

quote:
Originally posted by Hobart: Hey WDEVN, can you stream CNBC in the US for me, or FOX or ESPN networks or some other channels in the US please? I would pay you to access it if the speeds were good enough and I could actually change the channels from here. Just route your USA cable TV into the internet for me please. :-)

Sorry Hobart, we make videos here in Taiwan to show over the Internet. I’m trying to create an on-line CNN style streaming video section to stream Taiwan related videos that are made by people living in Taiwan.

quote:
Originally posted by wdevn:

Sorry Hobart, we make videos here in Taiwan to show over the Internet. I’m trying to create an on-line CNN style streaming video section to stream Taiwan related videos that are made by people living in Taiwan.

[img]images/smiles/converted/neverforget-911.gif[/img]   </strong><hr></blockquote>

Got any from someone that has made a video of their KTV experience with all of the lovely ladies? I am sure that will generate some traffic to your site and it is an integral part of a Taiwan experience. Maybe a pinhole camera video too, that would make your hits jump. Don’t just show videos created by foreigners living here. All joking aside, you should make sure you have videos made by locals too, otherwise it might not be a fair portrayal.

quote:
Originally posted by Hobart:

Got any from someone that has made a video of their KTV experience with all of the lovely ladies? I am sure that will generate some traffic to your site and it is an integral part of a Taiwan experience. Maybe a pinhole camera video too, that would make your hits jump. Don’t just show videos created by foreigners living here. All joking aside, you should make sure you have videos made by locals too, otherwise it might not be a fair portrayal.

You are right. I could do that to make things even. However, the problem comes up if they have to make a production in English. the WDEVN site can handle sub-titled muilt-language productions.

Checked out your site. Pretty interesting. After I get a video camera I will contact you again.

OK…it looks like the groups are back. Are you back Hobart? Ready to make a movie?

:shock: