On my way!

This is it! Eleven hours until my plane lifts off.

A bit nervous, a bit sad, a bit excited, full of anticipation. One thing is for sure, I am going to miss my dog like crazy. He was so affectionate today and turned on the sad puppy face a lot. He knows something is amiss.

I’ll be bumping into you all very soon! :smiley:

Let me be the first to wish you a nice trip and welcome you to Taiwan. :sunglasses:

Safe, uneventful flight to you. Here’s hoping you make it up north to Taipei at some point.

Pee before you get on the plane…

Have a quacking good flight…

Hey, have a great flight, and welcome to Taiwan! :slight_smile:

PS - don’t grope the flight attendants… :wink:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Hey, have a great flight, and welcome to Taiwan! :slight_smile:

PS - don’t grope the flight attendants… :wink:[/quote]

Unfortunately I am flying United…older and not so cute attendants :frowning:

But nonetheless, thanks everyone for the well wishing. :slight_smile:

Good luck, Derek.

I’m 20 minutes from the airport. Can you stop in the duty free shop for me?

[quote="derek1978

[/quote]

United is better than Air Canada. The hagged-out Air Canada stewardesses are old, nasty, and poor service providers. :raspberry:

[quote][quote=“Chewycorns”][quote="derek1978

[/quote]

United is better than Air Canada. The hagged-out Air Canada stewardesses are old, nasty, and poor service providers. :raspberry:[/quote][/quote]

Cannot argue with that. :raspberry: :raspberry:

Hey Derek,
If any luggage falls out of the overhead bins, don’t forget to duck! :wink:

Can you bring me 25 gallons of grade b maple syrup?

You wrote that on purpose. I just KNOW you did. Still, I’m a sucker for a convenient feed… :laughing:

[quote]Yall be goin on vacation? See the thing is, if you bout to be up out dis biatch. Check it. Beep Delta. We be flying all ova dis bitch.
Let me ax you somin. You fian ta raise up and git yo travel on? From the interior to the exterior. You got to get your posteria in one dese big ass planes. Sht dog!
You lay in da cut straight sittin on your ass an gitting yo drink on an snack on while we floss and fly dis mo fo all ova dis bitch.
East coast, west coast, it don’t matta. N
gga, we git’cha to yo ho an back lickety split, no sht. Then you be back at yo crib chillin wit a flat splif thinkin we was some crazy ass angel.
Hell dese phat, round, thick ass vessels run up in da sky so deep it be cryin. Yeah, you thought it was rain. So bring a towel cause at Delta, it’s layed out like dat.
Call one of dese fly ass Delta coochies an make all dem punk ass co-workers of yours catch da vapors as you be off an up out.
You goin? We fly you dere. You ben? We done already flew up in dere. We got’chu covad like a Jimmy hat. At Delta we loves us some flyin an it be showin like a mother f
cka.[/quote]

D.J. Yoda.

Well everyone, I am here. I arrived in Taiwan without a hitch. Customs was a walk in the park. And here I was sweating it out. Ai yo! haha
He just looked at me, looked at my passport, stamped it 30 day visit and sent me on my merry little way. :smiley:

Went to Ikea yeasterday and got some furnishings for the apartment…this is my new home now. :smiley: The reality has set in and I am very glad to be here. Looks like the weather is cooling a bit though. It was really sunny in Muzha Thursday and Friday…nice to have things cool off for the weekend.

Anyways, glad to be here and glad to have all the drama at an end. Hi everybody :smiley:

Welcome to Taiwan, Derek. I look forward to seeing you sometime.

Peace.

You made it! :slight_smile:

I can’t believe they let you in… :noway:

bobepine

Hey Derek, you need to change your “location” now! :sunglasses:

So what are your visa plans? Are you applying for a work visa or what? 30 days isn’t much.

And whereabouts in Taiwan are you? I’m sure you posted it in the duckfarm threads, but I forget.

I am in Muzha :smiley:

Our apartment is on the 5th floor…no elevator…grrr
haha

I am on a 30 day passport stay.

Will leave on a mini vacation with my fiancee to Bangkok on the 25th. Apply for visitor visa for Chinese Culture University, and then return in June.

I am very confident it will work. Already went to TLI and got my money back…going to get the medical stuff done next week.