On Obama - nasty psychology

That’s what you need in a leader? Speeches and talk? A man of rhetorics?

I’d be very, very wary of a smooth talker in the president’s seat. The better he is at talking, the less likely you are to notice he’s full of shit.

Yes he got hired (I didnt vote for him tho) and now lets see what kind of job he does. He walked the walk and talked the talk well enough to get the job. I wish him the best in this tough job hes gotten. We need a good President here, no maybe we need a Great President. And thats what I am hoping for too.

What we dont need is a Sarah Airhead Palin as President. And we came close, should McCain have won and keeled over.

That’s what you need in a leader? Speeches and talk? A man of rhetorics?

I’d be very, very wary of a smooth talker in the president’s seat. The better he is at talking, the less likely you are to notice he’s full of shit.[/quote]

:bravo: :bravo: :laughing: My thought also. The media admits that he is very charming. Perhaps that charm will be put to good use when it comes
to getting Congress to their job…

I like Obama too, but Nader’s open letter to him is pretty worrying.

I haven’t seen it posted anywhere else here yet (neither does a search turn it up), so here it is:

informationclearinghouse.inf … e21143.htm

Nader gives O an chance to be an Uncle Sam or an Uncle Tom

:roflmao: :bravo: For Sam Sheppard and for Nader who wouldn’t back down…

You said homo. :homer:

You said homo. :homer:[/quote]

Oh lord, this is gonna turn into a 33 paged thread… :unamused:

Where did that Cold War-era chestnut come from?

“We”? Excuse me, but…we? What the phrick? Aren’t you Canadian? If so, here’s a newsflash: he’s not your leader, and he’s not mine (me being Canadian, as I presume you are), and he will have very little impact on your or my life unless he starts pressing buttons connected to nuclear weapons or seals the U.S. airtight in terms of trade.

In fact, if Mr. Obama turns out to be a protectionist, as it is rumoured, his presidency could be somewhat negative for Canada. Hey, I’m happy that the Americans finally got rid of a moron and all, sure, but this exultation about an American election is bizarre. Even more, this great outpouring of praise and worship of this particular politician is unseemly and unnerving. Have otherwise sane people lost their marbles? You’d actually put that much faith in, or would draw that much inspiration from, a politician? Really? Someone who at the end of the day is a cynical, lying and power-hungry opportunist, as all political leaders are to varying degrees?

Jayzus, get a grip. He’s still American, fer crissakes. He’s still going to send the U.S. military into places it shouldn’t go, he’s still going to make big, blundering mistakes, and he’s still going to act with that tiresome sense of entitlement that Americans bizarrely seem to think non-Americans find endearing, etcetera. You think he somehow stops being American because he got elected?

He’s not your leader. Americans are excited because a black man got elected president. Good for them. It doesn’t mean a thing to me as a Canadian, though, and the fact that it obviously does to you is really strange.[/quote]

Have another cup of coffee. Black.

You can’t say that! No, not even you! The correct nomenclature is a coffee that absorbs all the colours in the spectrum except that one!

HG

[quote=“rousseau”]
In fact, if Mr. Obama turns out to be a protectionist, as it is rumoured, his presidency could be somewhat negative for Canada. [/quote]
Indeed it could. Raymond Chretien said as much. But that doesn’t stop most Canadians on this forum from being Obama cheerleaders.

Agree with you 100 percent. It’s a dirty business, and any person that climbs to the top of the greasy pole will have a little bit of grime on his/her hands. With Obama, it is a whole lot of grime me thinks. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

I don’t think of Obama as an intellectual or renaissance man. He is a professional politician who counts community organizing as his only non-political job? Hardly the breadth needed to be a real renaissance man. Compare this with a Maxwell Taylor type of Democrat–one that spoke 5 or 6 languages and served his country for decades before taking any high leadership position.

history.army.mil/books/cg&csa/Taylor-MD.htm

(He’s the president.)

ha ha

Well that can’t be that bad. I mean compared to Al Franken it just goes to show you that anyone, if you put your mind to it, and like yourself enough, can go on and accomplish great things.

Or at least rule the world. :wink:

[quote=“Chris”]

Yes, time will tell. But from what I’ve seen so far, he has all the ingredients to make a great president, including smarts, honesty, liberal values, and a concern for the lives of the common man.[/quote]

This type of sentence makes me want to reach out for a “puke” bucket. Common man? You think Soros and other Obama financial backers give two “hoots” about the common man? :laughing: They sure didn’t in Eastern Europe and Southeast Asia with their speculation. A lot of common people were hurt really bad.

The USA has an intelligent, thoughtful leader? It just shows how fall the Republicans have fallen. How could they let this happen?

His proper title is Dear Leader of the Free World.

So when does Mr Biden take office?

Shocker!

Where did that Cold War-era chestnut come from?

“We”? Excuse me, but…we? What the phrick? Aren’t you Canadian? If so, here’s a newsflash: he’s not your leader, and he’s not mine (me being Canadian, as I presume you are), and he will have very little impact on your or my life unless he starts pressing buttons connected to nuclear weapons or seals the U.S. airtight in terms of trade.

In fact, if Mr. Obama turns out to be a protectionist, as it is rumoured, his presidency could be somewhat negative for Canada. Hey, I’m happy that the Americans finally got rid of a moron and all, sure, but this exultation about an American election is bizarre. Even more, this great outpouring of praise and worship of this particular politician is unseemly and unnerving. Have otherwise sane people lost their marbles? You’d actually put that much faith in, or would draw that much inspiration from, a politician? Really? Someone who at the end of the day is a cynical, lying and power-hungry opportunist, as all political leaders are to varying degrees?

Jayzus, get a grip. He’s still American, fer crissakes. He’s still going to send the U.S. military into places it shouldn’t go, he’s still going to make big, blundering mistakes, and he’s still going to act with that tiresome sense of entitlement that Americans bizarrely seem to think non-Americans find endearing, etcetera. You think he somehow stops being American because he got elected?

He’s not your leader. Americans are excited because a black man got elected president. Good for them. It doesn’t mean a thing to me as a Canadian, though, and the fact that it obviously does to you is really strange.[/quote]

What a load of shallow, in-bred tripe!
If you surmise even for one fleeting moment that US politricks has a very limited impact on the narrow trough that is Canadian society, then you should go back to thinking atavistic mental masturbatory fantasies about how “special” Canada is!
America has dominated Canada since our last dominator gave up the ghost after WW2. Some would argue even earlier. To ignore the expansive impact that American society, and by extension, the US executive branch, has on that of Canada is sheer fullsome twaddle!

:grandpa:

That was already revealed during his campaign. He’s a secret Muslim with a fiery Liberation Theologist pastor; a Marxist Kenyan-born Ayrab who pals around with terrorists. Remember the terrorist fist bump! He’s also a wooden, skirt-chasing flip-flopper!

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“Chris”]

Yes, time will tell. But from what I’ve seen so far, he has all the ingredients to make a great president, including smarts, honesty, liberal values, and a concern for the lives of the common man.[/quote]

This type of sentence makes me want to reach out for a “puke” bucket. Common man? You think Soros and other Obama financial backers give two “hoots” about the common man? [/quote]

I don’t think O does, or at least is appearing to. My goodness how he’s changed course during the last stretch of the election. Most notably in his tax speeches. He pushed this no one making under $250,000 a year would be taxed, :blah: :blah: plan. And used a struggling waitress single mom as an example. Now, since winning, he’s ONLY been talking about saving the middle class. Mind you as this economy has been sinking faster than the Titantic,
we’re seeing more and more people using food banks. Unemployment is at a 14 year high. What is he going to do about the poor, to whom I don’t think he gives two hoots about. IMO we’re looking at a “pull yourself up by the bootstraps” type of president who isn’t going to give a “New Deal” plan but rather “you’re ass out if you can’t come up with your own ideas” type of guy, cause he’s got lobbyists to please.