On the menu today:horse penis & testicles with a chilli dip

OK…I ain’t making any jokes…yet…

[quote]On the menu today: horse penis and testicles with a chilli dip
By Richard Spencer in Beijing, (Filed: 17/02/2006)

The menu at Beijing’s latest venue for its growing army of gourmets is eye-watering rather than mouth-watering.

China’s cuisine is renowned for being “in your face” - from the skinned dogs displayed at food markets to the kebabbed scorpions sold on street stalls - and there is no polite way of describing Guo-li-zhuang.

The waitress presents a dish combining the male organs of the ox and snake

Situated in an elegantly restored house beside Beijing’s West Lake, it is China’s first speciality penis restaurant.

Here, businessmen and government officials can sample the organs of yaks, donkeys, oxen and even seals. In fact, they have to, since they form part of every dish - except for those containing testicles.

“This is my third visit,” said one customer, Liu Qiang. “Of course, there are other restaurants that serve the bian of individual animals. But this is the first that brings them all together.”

Dog’s penis, garnished with a plum
(more delicacies at the link)
Telegraph.com[/quote]

I honestly and sincerely hope I am never, ever, ever… that hungry.

Kind of pathetic, really…

Eugh!!! Chilli dip!!

I’m trying to remember that line from The Man Who Would be King, when Michael Caine says to Sean Connery something like, “Danny, for god’s sake, it’s time to leave the bloody savages behind. Let them go back to their old ways of killing babies and playing stick-ball with dead goats, but it’s time for us to pack up our bags and head back to civilization.”

"I would take it more than kind of you if you was to come out of Central India in time to catch him at Marwar Junction, and say to him: “He has gone South for the week.” He’ll know what that means. He’s a big man with a red beard, and a great swell he is. You’ll find him sleeping like a gentleman with all his luggage round him in a Second-class compartment.
But don’t you be afraid. Slip down the window, and say: “He has gone South for the week,” and he’ll tumble. It’s only cutting your time of stay in those parts by two days. I ask you as a stranger–going to the West.’ He said with emphasis.

‘Where have you come from?’ said I.

‘From the East,’ said he, ‘and I am hoping that you will give him the message on the Square–for the sake of my Mother as well as your own.’

Ahhh…great movie that is.

Want to read it? It’s online here. Still one of my favourite films. I’d love it if someone could lnd me a copy. And Zulu! too, come to that…[/quote]