One China: Germany replaced Taiwan’s flag with a white blank flag

White flag… You have gotta be kidding me! That’s the most insulting flag you could have used, Germany!

They replaced Taiwan’s flag with the surrender flag…

1 Like

They don’t recognized but they are doing business in Taiwan.

1 Like

" According to Winfried Kretschmann, who is premier of the region where Daimler is based, “China dominates the production of solar cells.”

Well China is > 9%. Where is Taiwan for them?

One big thing that the Chinese takeover of HK has done, is to remove the mask of moral superiority from the faces of the Western countries, and show them for what they really are - greedy. From the zero response from the world reg. HK, it is clear that none “really” cares about democracy, human rights, etc etc. They only pretend to care, till it’s convenient for them.

5 Likes

When Merkel said “America has been our truest ally throughout the decades” it means to me she is alluding to the opposite.

There’s a reason Obama approved wiretapping Angela Merkel’s personal cell phone for almost a decade… Germany has been up to no good for a while now. See China-Iran relations and how intertwined German corporations like Siemens are – lots of illegal dealings with Germany - i.e., Germany helping to build nuclear systems and facilities in Iran with China, and agreeing to allow China to station 5000 military troops in Iran to “protect interests”. Germany is aiding countries to violate US sanctions – USA know this – so now we see Taiwan’s flag disappearing, and Germany siding with China on last June’s Iran Nuclear Deal discussion - US threatened to snap back the waived portion of sanctions and Germany suddenly jumps to China’s defense when China jumps to Iran’s defense… what a mess.

2 Likes

oh dear

1 Like

Timestamped video link

3 Likes

Germany had had intimate affinity, for so many geopolitical, psychological, ideological reasons, with Persia. Ironically communism control of half Germany severed that tie for Germany. Now that tie is to be restored—with a new same-minded member: China. Finally, Nazism, communist, and Islam terrorism find the common psyche in their root.

2 Likes

Is there anything closer to the Nazis than the CCP right now? Germany has not learned anything apparently. Ethnic cleansing, concentration camps, extreme nationalism, aggressive expansionism, wanting to take back lost territories, rapid militarization, fascist leader, ideas of racial superiority.

Is Xi not the modern day hitler?

6 Likes

Are you insinuating something?

1 Like

Doesnt look like they replaced it. It never was. https://web.archive.org/web/20180310224305/https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/aussenpolitik/laender/taiwan-node

4 Likes

They didn’t replace it last night, they replaced it in 2013. This is just bad journalism.

Btw it’s the same on many other countries’ websites including Canada and Australia etc.

7 Likes

Simple truth. Germans are just as shallow as the rest of our species. They back tracked on Huawei a while ago as well…

2 Likes

And with Germany‘s history, don’t expect them to take the lead when it comes to taking a position that could come off as aggressive in any way.

I think German foreign politics is dominated by an idea of not trying to interfere too much with other countries beyond verbal notes and gentle reminders.

3 Likes

And strangely, even the left is stuck with trump

What a.world. I think these few years have shown the true colors of.most of.the world. Not just their.governments, but the actual public. All those on board with stopping racism in the USA still purchasing.made in China. What can one say about such events?

My thesis is correct. Everyone is pansy except the United States.

2 Likes

Give Canada and Australia some credit.

Don’t forget about Crimea, which got annexed and nobody did anything.

Credit is given when credit is due. As much as I hate trump, he is one of the few that is doing anything on this issue. He fucks up a lot.of.otber things, but china seems.sort of.in the right direction.

But anyone who denies Tsai and Chen from Taiwan clearly isnt watching the china situation…

Ps. Canada and australia havent done much of anything. Lip service and back pedaling. Guatemala has more moral high ground than.either when it comes to china for f*ck sakes :frowning:

3 Likes

Solution, don’t buy German products.

1 Like