One more sign the KMT is colluding with China

[quote]Pan-blues slash Hsiung Feng missile budget

Pan-blue lawmakers on Wednesday voted to slash the budget for the production of the Hsiung Feng II-E, a locally developed cruise missile system, effectively freezing the program that had aimed to begin mass production next year.[/quote]

TT story

Alternative title for this thread:

“One more sign the DPP are hell bent on starting a war that they cannot win, and are happy to flush billions of tax dollars down the toilet in doing so…”

:sunglasses:

slashing means discounting, right?

how is that “freezing” which I imagine means stopping at once, cancelling?

oh well,
less missiles for tw.

like a 1000 extra missiles will make tw more secure.

what people don’t understand is that Taiwan needs to leverage the balance between the sides… China will have no problem starting their next imperialistic movement with Taiwan, then Mongolia, Vietnam, Korea… before we know, the number of countries in SE Asia will be reduced to a few… China is the new Nazi Germany…

It’s not called the “Center Nation” by accident either. All of Asia will revert to the Han dynasty with tributary States at the fringe… :laughing:

Okay let’s put it this way. Can ROC win an arms race against PRC? I didn’t think so either, since to be a competitor in an arms race one’s economy has to be greater than the opponent.

Definitely won’t be happening under the DPP administration.

DPP thinks the cruise missiles will be a good deterrent by targeting Shanghai. One dumb way to stoke Chinese nationalism by targeting civilian centers.

DPP won’t get very far with the cruise missiles even if they were in mass production, since the Blues control the military.

[quote=“plasmatron”]Alternative title for this thread:

“One more sign the DPP are hell bent on starting a war that they cannot win, and are happy to flush billions of tax dollars down the toilet in doing so…”

:sunglasses:[/quote]Maybe Taiwan should just give up now and agree to be taken over and ruled by the Chinese Communist Party? Give your passport for a Communist Chinese one first before you wish that on the Taiwanese people!

Powerful DEFENSIVE missles are a wonderful deterrent to stop Communist China from trying to invade Taiwan. If they strike Taiwan they can be assured of mutual destruction. Then see how much they really wish to take over peace loving democratic Taiwan. If Taiwan had missles to strike Beijing do you think they would still be so Gung-Ho about taking over Taiwan? I think they would start to reevaluate things and realize it just isn’t that important. Let Taiwan be, I am not going to lose my life over Taiwan, especially since China has a One Child policy. You want to gamble your one Child over Taiwan? Is it that important to you as a selfish Chinese. Enjoy the Olympics, leave Taiwan alone.

Hobart, you’re confusing mutally assured destruction with mutually assured casualties… I doubt the old boy’s club in Beijing gives a flying f*ck about a few hundred thousand, even a few million civilian deaths in China, what the hell there’s a billion more where they came from… Short of nukes, which we they don’t (and won’t) have, Taiwan will never be able to achieve a credible threat of destroying China, too many people and way too large a country, whereas an island the size of Taiwan and it’s conveniently condensed 23 odd million people, could be decimated with comparative ease…

I’m not saying Taiwan should roll over and play dead, but when up against extremely wealthy, extremely powerful, rabidly nationalist lunatics who are armed to the teeth and scrapping for a fight, CSB and his ilk’s insistance on rejecting discourse of any kind in favour of poking the world’s biggest hornet’s nest with a very small stick for no tangible gain other than low brow rabble rousing and electioneering is beyond the scope of understanding of any rationally minded person…

… but not beyond the understanding of the local electorate.

who feel empowered by the CSB bare-chest beating and toothpick waving showmanship…

[quote=“plasmatron”]CSB and his ilk’s insistance on rejecting discourse of any kind in favour of poking the world’s biggest hornet’s nest with a very small stick [/quote] President Chen never rejected talks with Beijing. They rejected talks with him. They refuse to meet with him unless comes with his tail between his legs ready to kiss their feet bowing before them in obeisance to his Communist master.

He wants to meet them, they will not him for fear of lending credence to his rule. Of course they will be happy to meet with Chairman Ma. They love him because he is an ass kissing Commie loving China man who wants to sell out Taiwan for lots of money and a place in history.

can i use that last sentence as my sig, Hobart?

only if you buy into the “A-Bian in wonderland” green kool-aid version of “reality”… naturally in negotiations both sides start high, the point of discourse is to achieve mutually acceptable compromise, not balk and throw your toys at the first sign of an impass… unfortunately for the more rationally minded majority of Taiwanese folks, CSB is a simple man and his electorate are even simpler, they don’t like pragmatism and shades of grey, they like feel good rhetoric and empty in house gestures… unfortunately for them CSB had his 15 seconds (30 seconds actually) and blew it, he achieved nothing and squandered a great deal… now it’s time for more competant hands to take the wheel and much like in the US it doesn’t much matter who’s they are since nothing could be worse than the outgoing clown…

I believe only Hobart would equate desire for wealth and legacy as a bad thing.

Of course when CSB or any TI leader desires either of those two things it is a good thing.

In addition dividing a compound word into component words doesn’t eradicate the fact it is still a racial slur.

ac

[quote]I believe only Hobart would equate desire for wealth and legacy as a bad thing.
[/quote]

I understand you as a "rich get richer poor get poorer’ guy but whtat is this “legacy” usage?

But China refused to start any discussions unless Taiwan recognized that it is part of China. It wasn’t a “sign” of an impasse, it was an impasse. By the same token, Taiwan could have demanded China recognize its independence prior to negotiations beginning.

Not even everyone in the ROC agrees with this statement that Taiwan has usurped ROC. Why should the PRC agree to this?

For the past half century PRC has been dealing with the ROC as the international entity that it is trying to suppress? Why should it start dealing with the nomenclature for a State known as Taiwan?

The impasse is entirely the product of TI leadership. The PRC has been meeting regularly with the unofficial bodies of ROC in the past.

[quote]The PRC has been meeting regularly with the unofficial bodies of ROC in the past.
[/quote]
Give me a f*cking break!
Has been and non-entitiy blues go to the “mainland” and kow-tow to the new emperors,
and the people here should succumb?

It beats watching CSB in his emperor’s new clothes…

ac you win -

[quote]It beats watching CSB in his emperor’s new clothes…
[/quote]
You’re drunker than I am!