One time freelance copywriting project going rate?

Hi all,

Curious if anyone has a sense of what the going rate per hour (or per page) for an English copywriter is in Taiwan. I’ve been offered an opportunity to write copy for a commercial for a local company. I’m a native speaker with an advanced degree in writing. Not sure what I can get away with charging here. Any help would be appreciated!

Per hour? Or per page?

It’s a minute and 45 second commercial.

If this was my US rates, I’d charge $200 USD flat for the project, but maybe $6000 NTD is too high for a Taiwanese company. Would, say, $3000 flat seem reasonable for something like this?

You can’t charge per page can you if it’s a commercial? Flat rate of 3000 seems fair.

I guess I was just trying to figure out also the general going rate and extrapolate from there, but, yeah. Hahaha. Thanks!!

No idea what the going rate is for copywriting here, but how long do you think it’d take you to complete the project? I’d personally try to estimate that and aim for 1000-1200 TWD per hour or something.

I might also be tempted to push for an hourly rate rather than a flat fee, if I thought the project had the potential to turn into a PITA, like requiring multiple revisions/discussions.