One time posters - Web Pollution?

Dunno what you think but I got a perception that the # of one-time posters seems to be higher than ever before. Not only are some coming up with the strangest topics as also disappear as fast as they came.t

Now, while quantitative increase might be good for Forumosa as Marketing and Publicity tool, the Quality deteriorates as there are more threads generated than adequate responses given.
(EG the “whatever” one today referring to diet and carbs??)

How sure is the mod team that a WebBot can’t generate automatically the same answer on the so called “security” question ("which language is most spoken in Taiwan”) as-wise he auto-reply to the activation email.

I simply can’t understand why someone would take the energy creating an account and posting only 1 time.

Maybe the Mod team could enlighten the society on some insights - trends how this website evolves ?

A lot of the first-time “posters” are spammers trying to avoid detection. They find a thread or two and post a bit of garbage: “yes i think its a good idea lol!” or “thanks for your sharing! lolz!”

Later they come back when nobody’s looking and add link spam to their signatures when their posts are hidden a few pages away. The one you mentioned earlier who posted nonsense about carbs was doing exactly that. It was me that split the post off to Temp and named it “whatever”, prior to banning his ass. The creature was setting us up to sell us “cheap” Oakley sunglasses. :wink:

Since there isn’t a manual registration process at f.com, a lot of spammers are getting in. The onus is on the moderators to weed them out. Their numbers are steadily decreasing, though, due to the diligence of the team. :thumbsup:

I hope that helps to answer your question. :bow:

Thanks Jimi for your elaboration. My own perception was spam is increasing :laughing:

If spam insert in signatures is their objective, why not enabling signature creation only after 15 - 30 days after account set-up ?
Or if you move a post to Temp, why not disabling the Edit function ?
Just thinking la

Web-bots have got very sophisticated, I have noticed it on other sites aswell.

[quote=“ceevee369”]Thanks Jimi for your elaboration. My own perception was spam is increasing :laughing:

If spam insert in signatures is their objective, why not enabling signature creation only after 15 - 30 days after account set-up ?
Or if you move a post to Temp, why not disabling the Edit function ?
Just thinking la[/quote]
Many of these creatures are operating from the same ISP addresses. Hitting them hard and fast sends a message to their whole crowd that we’re onto them. I personally like to chuck their crap into Temp to set an example. Most of them aren’t spambots. They’re sad little kids from India and China, paid a pittance to sit in front of a computer all day looking for forums to spam.

Right, I just found out Temp does not allow to edit posts, so you block their evil intentions.

A pair of cheap genuine Oakley’s would not have been bad however
:laughing:

EDIT: I am spending way too much time on Fmosa I even don’t spot a yellow highlighted "edit"button here above :blush:

[quote=“ceevee369”]

A pair of cheap genuine Oakley’s would not have been bad however
:laughing:[/quote]
I doubt they are genuine, my friend. :sunglasses:

Wanna make a bet on this one?

Forumosa ID:gjo3fm06
Thread Post : “What do you think of Taiwanese Student”

Post’s like this seem honest, integer and got long reply’s but with only 2 visits - within 7 minutes - I can already smell this could become a signed spam signature.

Another one I will follow personally : kingoat01 - looking for clamato, being responded few weeks back.

i used the “search this forum” of where can i find and had no results back, not knowing there was a search the whole forum
so then i made the new topic of searching for clamato but instead of getting help, my question turned into spam because ceevee369 thinks for some reason everyone new is a one time poster
instead of a hey this guy is new maybe he isn’t familiar with this forum yet, you already made ppl feel uncomfortable using this forum and that’s probably why there’s so much one time posters cuz what’s the point of using it when ur questions is just considered spam all the time

Indeed, if anyone has a problem with a post or poster please use the report button (triangular exclamation point at top right of posts) or PM a mod, thanks!