One-way ticket and Bank account in NZ

Hi there,

Im wanting to get a one-way ticket to TW but i realized that this is often not possible because the airline will stop you incase you overstay and they have to pay for you to go back.

One-way ticket = $NZ1,450 / return = $2,500 around the time i want to go.

What are my options? Is it true that if i have a certain amount of money in my account its ok to use a one-way ticket?

The best quote ive been offered is a return ticket via Seoul (1 night over) for 2,569 and cancellation fees from 200 and id probably get 500 back (says the flight agent).

As you can see its a difference of 1000 bucks that i dont want to spend.

Can anyone here suggest anything besides using a fake itinarary… or what the worst case scenerio would be if i got stopped? Would they just turn me away from the Airport here in NZ?

Thanks anyone who can help,

Cheers.
a

[quote=“Acute”]Hi there,

Im wanting to get a one-way ticket to TW but i realized that this is often not possible because the airline will stop you incase you overstay and they have to pay for you to go back.

One-way ticket = $NZ1,450 / return = $2,500 around the time I want to go.

What are my options? Is it true that if I have a certain amount of money in my account its ok to use a one-way ticket?

The best quote ive been offered is a return ticket via Seoul (1 night over) for 2,569 and cancellation fees from 200 and id probably get 500 back (says the flight agent).

As you can see its a difference of 1000 bucks that I don’t want to spend.

Can anyone here suggest anything besides using a fake itinarary… or what the worst case scenerio would be if i got stopped? Would they just turn me away from the Airport here in NZ?

Thanks anyone who can help,

Cheers.
a[/quote]

you dont need a return ticket…just an onward ticket…so you could book an open ticket to HK and then cash it in when you get here

note that immigration here never (or very rarely) actually checks on this…its simply ground stafF at destination…

my travel agent advised id need a chinese visa for this? But i assume theyd only worry about this should i plan to board a flight to HK right?

So with a 30 day visitor Visa and onward ticket to HK i should be ok?

How about when i try to cash in the ticket? They dont check anything there, or do u cash it in after you have a ARC?

Thanks again.

a

100% correct.

Keep “rarely” but scratch “never.” They do check sometimes - it happened to me. They were going to refuse me entry until I told them that my pets were waiting for me to feed them (true) and put on that “about to cry” look.

If you have a New Zealand passport you don’t need a visa to visit Hong Kong. You only need a Chinese visa if you are going to visit China “proper.”

When you have an ARC you will also have a re-entry permit and you won’t have to worry about onward or return tickets any more until the next time you find yourself without an ARC.

By the way, if you are coming here to teach English, or even if you aren’t, please try to write the language properly.

Thanks for the help and Well done! with actually having the time to correct my spelling. You’ve really made a difference! wow! I’m saved ya’ll…someone sprinkle some holy water on me or something! :bravo: Can someone give this guy a cookie please! :sick:

welcome to forumosa…we believe in tough love here…but i have special dispensation to write lower case cos i dun a thesis on ee cummings or sumtink…