One year master's degree in English

Are there any universities offering 1-year master’s degree programs or are they all 2-year programs?

Globally and including online options, yes. But if you want to do a research degree I wouldn’t recommend it (ok for course-based)… Face to face in Taiwan, I have no idea

Why would you want to study English at a Taiwan university?

1 Like

zing! but seriously, it might be convenient for some people who are just looking for a ticket

I am already in Taiwan and want to study a master’s degree taught in English I mean, but I would like to study a one-year master’s instead of a two-year one but don’t know if in Taiwan they offer both options.

Do you care what you study? It is a fair bet that there are 1 year MBA programs in English

How can I check that? The universities websites are terrible and studyintaiwan.org doesn’t show much info.
Of course I care about what I study lol

In this link You can find more information about master’s degree programs in Taiwan

According to my school, most master’s are taught in English and says it takes 1-4 years so you need to visit/call and ask how to do it in 1 year.

1 Like

if you can narrow it down to a specific field, you might get better advice

Google around a bit. Here’s a 12 month MBA: Fu Jen Catholic University - College of Management | FIND MBA

Well, I first wanted to ask a more general question because so far I haven’t found any one-year program so I was afraid that there weren’t of these kind here in Taiwan, but I’m actually looking for something about foreign language or physical education
Thanks for the link but it seems that at least that university doesn’t offer one-year programs anymore

1 Like

Thank you, according to this they must be offering 1-year programs so I guess other universities do so

2 Likes

Thank you, I already checked that website but you can’t sort the programs by length so I need to check every master’s one by one.

Maybe this website could help you find and sort master programs in Taiwan

About the length , it depends on how many credits (courses) you can take per semester

For example you can see this Course Structure for Master program in Physical Education from NTNU
the graduation credits are 30 , and the limit is 15 credits per semester (each course is 3 credits) , so you could finish this Master program in one year

1 Like

Thanks again, I’ll check that website.
Actually what I’m looking for is a shorter master not a master that I can complete in a year (also from my experience, the university might not offer the courses you need so even though technically one could do 30 credits in 2 semesters, it might not be possible), so if the standard for a 2-year program is 30 credits, I’d like to do a 15-credit program.