Ongoing safety and production issues at Boeing

Seems like it’s always been one thing after another for Boeing and the 787. Battery fire problems towards the beginning, reports of tools and other debris left inside the plane dangerously close to wiring at the Carolina factory, and now improperly manufactured parts that were used for the past three years.

I love the 787 and have flown on it multiple times. Amazing plane with fantastic range, large windows, and more comfortable for long haul because it’s pressurized to a lower altitude. The electrically-tinted window effect is pretty damned cool too. But I won’t be surprised if there’s a catastrophe involving a 787 at some point because some idiot in Carolina left his wrench sitting on some beam in the wing, or because some Boeing contractor was doing shoddy work.

1 Like

Didn’t they move manufacturing to South Carolina to avoid unions?

So much for quality control. That company has really lost the plot lately.

Guy

More or less. They got a sweetheart deal from the state government.

As far as your second comment, truly. But I suppose that happened when they moved the executives to Chicago, away from the engineers and assembly crews that actually make shit happen in Seattle, so that the top brass could focus on profit.