Online Community Band Together to Save Tortured Kitten

Now I am hearing that the police arrested this guy? Can anyone confirm this?

Apparently someone in the gov’t got wind of this story and demanded some action. Of course the police have taken all the credit for locating this SOB even though they previously refused to do anything about it. Ordinary people located this guy, not the incompetent police.

I’m glad the incompetent police caught the the guy.

But what happened to the kitty from the Apple Daily photos? Is it OK?

So it is confirmed that the police have already arrested him? I’m confused?

If they did then didn’t they enter his apartment? If they did enter his apartment wouldn’t they have removed the remaining animals?

It doesn’t seem like all the different news sources are reporting the same thing. Only one reported that he was arrested which is why I wanted some confirmation on that story. I suspect it is only rumour if Taiwan does not have any laws against animal cruelty.

They interviewed his mother and she said he was a good person who was scratched by a cat as a kid. Then they interviewed him and he said he was just giving the kitten some discipline. In his mind he has done nothing wrong. I think this guy needs some serious discipline!

Here’s a site that documents what this guy was doing with the kitten (CAUTION: disturbing content): winnie22.no-ip.biz/blog/blog.php … tid-1.html

Sick, sick, sick…

I can’t read the Chinese, but those pics make me really, really angry.

Terrible. Terrible. Terrible. I don’t understand why people do stuff like this, and I don’t think I want to know. I hope this guy gets some kind of professional help, so other helpless creatures won’t have to suffer at his hands. News like this just makes me feel sad. :frowning:

Hey, that one post has disappeared. I would not favor going after him ourselves. I do hope that justice will be served through due process of law.

That’s the problem - the law will probably do nothing about it. It’s a $50,000NT fine and that’s about it. Hopefully the publicity will cause some changes in Taiwan’s law. I can only hope this guy gets no peace for the rest of his life. Thankfully people have distributed his picture to many pet shelters and shops so that this guy can never again buy or adopt another pet.

Some people are just pure evil…

Speechless with horror.

[quote=“yangdemei”]I’m glad the incompetent police caught the the guy.

But what happened to the kitty from the Apple Daily photos? Is it OK?[/quote]

Local lady reading the paper where I was working earlier this week said the kitten died. That’s all I’ve heard one way or the other about it. Real sad.

This guy needs a real good ‘scare’.

I read from the NeiHu forum in NTU BBS that there are still four kittens in the house crying after he moved out, and I also just read the news online. Online news mentioned some “net friends” gathered at Fang’s place in Neihu (He’s from Muzha, and was working in Neihu. He was fired right after the non-stop complaining calls people made to his company, the boss was so angry and fired him right away.) last night because they said that there are still some poor kittens locked in that house after Fang moved back to Muzha, and they were trying to get in to save them. And just now I read from the same forum, a new post says that the landlord wouldn’t answer the phone and wouldn’t come out, the person who made the post hopes someone could contact the police or something, to pressure the landlord to open the door. Also, the post says that Fang is leaving the country soon.

That’s what I know so far, and I posted back asking whether it’s true that there are still kittens in the house. I will also keep reading the news and will post when I get the chance.

Burn in hell! Fang1Shang4Wen2!

I wonder if there are cats that can use machine guns…

Ooh, if we can find out to where! Can you post his name in Chinese, Dragonbabe?

There IS an animal protection law here, but as with ANY laws in Taiwan, they look good on paper, they look good for diplomatic reasons, but when it comes down to reinforcing them, it’s merely what it is - on paper.

We tried to bust a grotesquely run puppy mill last year. What happened when we got the TMIAH involved? The owner of the mill took off in the middle of the night. The TMIAH office itself was understaffed, but they do try to do what they can

Ooh, if we can find out to where! Can you post his name in Chinese, Dragonbabe?[/quote]

Yeah, his name is Fang1shang4wen2 方尚文

There’s not much news about him now, but I just read that he didn’t admit that he abused the kitties. He said he was trying to “teach/train” the cats to behave. :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume:
But looks like the “net friends” are still complaining about him online and gathering at his place (Muzha?).

Ooh, if we can find out to where! Can you post his name in Chinese, Dragonbabe?[/quote]

Yeah, his name is Fang1shang4wen2 方尚文

There’s no much news about him now, but I just read that he didn’t admit that he abused the kitties. He said he was trying to “teach/train” the cats to behave. :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume:
But looks like the “net friends” are still complaining about him online and gathering at his place (Muzha?).[/quote]

I would never call for something bad to happen to this guy, but I can’t say I would be sad about it either. Let’s hope the same happens here as did in Japan: laws were changed specially to lock the perp up.

What exactly was it that happened in Japan? I’m curious to know.

Does anyone know what exactly happened in Japan that changed laws? I would like to know.

Was it one case in particular, a real sick and twisted asshole, and the media got hold of it, or just how did it go down. I’m curious because I’m thinking about the hope for a possible similar thing here with this guy.

He deserves jail time.

The Japanese case: Very similar, someone tortured and killed a kitten, hacked its tail and ears off, strangled it, and posted it on the internet. People hunted him down and made the authorities investigate it. The kitten was posthumously named Kogenta
members.aol.com/PrncssVi/kogenta/
dearkogenta.com/e/

Has anyone heard whether charges were successfully brought against the culprit or not?