Online Dating - Taiwan

Don’t forget, you’re also online, so the same is true for them of you. :2cents:

Don’t forget, you’re also online, so the same is true for them of you. :2cents:[/quote]

haha yah, I dont mean just being online i mean actively seeking blind dates from being online.

I dont blind date online no more, havent for many many years.

I dont think they work for the most part.

And i dont go with the online dating services either. They work for a very few. And for the rest, why do you think they offer you special prices when you sign up for a year? Or longer? If they are so good, they wont need a year to get you connected with your soul mate.

Don’t forget, you’re also online, so the same is true for them of you. :2cents:[/quote]

haha yah, I don’t mean just being online I mean actively seeking blind dates from being online.

I don’t blind date online no more, havent for many many years.

I don’t think they work for the most part.

And I don’t go with the online dating services either. They work for a very few. And for the rest, why do you think they offer you special prices when you sign up for a year? Or longer? If they are so good, they wont need a year to get you connected with your soul mate.[/quote]
Finding a soul mate is hard IRL or online. I’ve been searching for 36 years, ten months and 13 days with no success. TBH, I’ve given up. :idunno:

My only option that I can think of is online, because at least I am not limited by geography and I guess if I really like someone enough I can go and visit them. Just that I can’t really go to the US or possibly Canada due to my past complications.

Its either that or try and get to know the few expats in Taiwan who are already very cold when it comes to forming close relationships. That and when I look on okcupid for profiles in Taiwan all I get are a few profiles that just keeps repeating itself.

Like fishing in a pond with no fish…

haha yah, I don’t mean just being online I mean actively seeking blind dates from being online.

I don’t blind date online no more, havent for many many years.

I don’t think they work for the most part.

And I don’t go with the online dating services either. They work for a very few. And for the rest, why do you think they offer you special prices when you sign up for a year? Or longer? If they are so good, they wont need a year to get you connected with your soul mate.[/quote]
Finding a soul mate is hard IRL or online. I’ve been searching for 36 years, ten months and 13 days with no success. TBH, I’ve given up. :idunno:[/quote]

I hear ya bro, I aint found mine either. But hoping this new GF is :slight_smile:
Always good to have hope.

[quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]My only option that I can think of is online, because at least I am not limited by geography and I guess if I really like someone enough I can go and visit them. Just that I can’t really go to the US or possibly Canada due to my past complications.

Its either that or try and get to know the few expats in Taiwan who are already very cold when it comes to forming close relationships. That and when I look on okcupid for profiles in Taiwan all I get are a few profiles that just keeps repeating itself.

Like fishing in a pond with no fish…[/quote]

well dont lose hope. I went all the way to Jakarta just recently to meet up with this girl iv known online for a few years. And we are planning on getting married.

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]My only option that I can think of is online, because at least I am not limited by geography and I guess if I really like someone enough I can go and visit them. Just that I can’t really go to the US or possibly Canada due to my past complications.

Like fishing in a pond with no fish…[/quote]

well dont lose hope. I went all the way to Jakarta just recently to meet up with this girl iv known online for a few years. [color=#FF0000]And we are planning on getting married.[/color][/quote]
:astonished: Whaaaaaat??? For real?

yes for real. Lots of paperwork to do .

just paid 195 to this company to help me with the application paperwork. More help is possible but costs more too. But the successful application is half the battle. Hence why i paid 195 just for this step.

Need pay 340 to the US govt just for application.

Then another 340 to the US embassy in jakarta when she goes for interview, plus another 100 to 200 for a medical check up. Understand this may be reduced to 290 in equivalent rupiah (new rates for K1 interview worldwide).

All this for K1 fiancee visa.

My ex GF funny enough is also doing her K1 to marry her new BF.

[quote=“tommy525”]yes for real. Lots of paperwork to do .

just paid 195 to this company to help me with the application paperwork. More help is possible but costs more too. But the successful application is half the battle. Hence why i paid 195 just for this step.

Need pay 340 to the US govt just for application.

Then another 340 to the US embassy in jakarta when she goes for interview, plus another 100 to 200 for a medical check up. Understand this may be reduced to 290 in equivalent rupiah (new rates for K1 interview worldwide).

All this for K1 fiancee visa.

My ex GF funny enough is also doing her K1 to marry her new BF.[/quote]
Well, I sincerely wish you all the best. I truly hope you find the love you deserve and have been looking for. :thumbsup:

muchas gracias !! I do hope so as well !
One can only hope for the best in these things. Marriage , like life, is fraught with danger.

:laughing:

[quote=“tommy525”]muchas gracias !! I do hope so as well !
One can only hope for the best in these things. Marriage , like life, is fraught with danger.

:laughing:[/quote]

The problem with marrying someone from a third world country is you can’t be sure if she likes you for you who are. I mean its difficult to immigrate to the US without a huge amount of money, so some will marry just for the privilege.

[quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”][quote=“tommy525”]muchas gracias !! I do hope so as well !

:laughing:[/quote]

The problem with marrying someone from a third world country is you can’t be sure if she likes you for you who are. I mean its difficult to immigrate to the US without a huge amount of money, so some will marry just for the privilege.[/quote]

Very true, but in her case she actually has no desire to live in the USA. My being an American was not helpful to her. She would rather I was taiwanese so she wont be as far from home.

She would rather i went and lived in jakarta. I really have zero desire to live in Jakarta though. Maybe some other indo city but not JKT.

Bali maybe, or Lombok?

Maybe even Bandung or Jogya? BUt JKT is not very livable in my opinion. Best to avoid.

Congratulations! :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance: :discodance:

Tommy! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Thanks. Jes goes to show, if tommy can do it? Everyone can do it :slight_smile:

If you can get a date in the USA, it may be ten percent easier here. So go for it.
Get out there.

Oh, geez, Tommy. How could you marry this girl if you really care for her?! The poor dear. :smiley:

Contrats, Tommy. I do wish you all the best. And like you said, if you can do it, then I need to get on out there! Tommy525. Getting MARRIED! I honest thought they were drafting laws against even DATING you, man! Good work.

Yeah , exactly. Why I needed to get in while the going was still going on that !

If you use okcupid, you can find a lot Taiwan girls wanna white guys. I am opposite. I am looking for a nice white girl.
I am a different kind of Taiwanese, I lived in the US. for a long time. basically, I am already a banana. Speak fluent English. Any idea for me to find nice white girls ?

[quote=“Lanewandy”]If you use okcupid, you can find a lot Taiwan girls wanna white guys. I am opposite. I am looking for a nice white girl.
I am a different kind of Taiwanese, I lived in the US. for a long time. basically, I am already a banana. Speak fluent English. Any idea for me to find nice white girls ?[/quote]

go to ahmerika. ? :laughing: