Online maps of Taipei and Taiwan?

In searching the ads for jobs, apartments and the what not, I get a little disoriented (especially not yet in Taiwan) in trying to figure out where each district is located…I have a physical map, but it seems limited in helping me. Anyone know a great on-line map of the city with districts/major streets in english?

Any help is much obliged!

BAM!
forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=9292

I have tried that site, but don’t care for it much…It only gives you a small area at a time. I’d like a city map, not just a street address map…any other choices out there?

I think that map is quite nifty. You can zoom in and out and everthing.

I think the only alternative to that one is it’s Chinese counterpart.
www.map.com.tw

I’ve never used it, but someone said it’s better. Any time I’ve looked for an online (searchable) map in the past, this is the only one I find. If you find something else be sure to let us know.

Just stumbled across this site:

Taiwan: lib.utexas.edu/maps/taiwan.html

I searched, I really did.

Any suggestions?

Install the MAPKING software and Taipei Map on your PC used for GPS purpose (free trial) .
The best you can find
Maps are even in English (which is unique for PDA and PC soft here) and you can generate / simulate /print a routing even

I use www.maporama.com, it has english and chinese input. Not too bad.

thanks!

I would like to find some detailed maps in English if possible. Taipei City maps with bus routes and/or MRT lines would be great… Taipei County too. Especially Neihu. Hell, all of Taiwan.

This is the best I’ve been able to find. You can change the view by clicking on “View” in the upper left hand of the screen.

wikimapia.org/#lat=25.0600992&lo … =0&m=m&v=2

see also
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=62959&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33688&start=0

[quote=“Modest Mouse”]This is the best I’ve been able to find. You can change the view by clicking on “View” in the upper left hand of the screen.

wikimapia.org/#lat=25.0600992&lo … =0&m=m&v=2[/quote]

Actually this one is
BETTER
: Google Maps

It allows you to search both English AND Chinese addresses and place names (e.g. Zhongshan Hall). Plus you can find out which buses stop where by clicking on the bus icon.

Mapquest is also pretty good. Don’t know about MRT and bus lines, but their city map of Taipei is well-detailed for street names. Actually, I used it recently for a trip to Jiayi and found it good for there, too.

[quote=“Modest Mouse”][quote=“Modest Mouse”]This is the best I’ve been able to find. You can change the view by clicking on “View” in the upper left hand of the screen.

wikimapia.org/#lat=25.0600992&lo … =0&m=m&v=2[/quote]

Actually this one is
BETTER
: Google Maps

It allows you to search both English AND Chinese addresses and place names (e.g. Zhongshan Hall). Plus you can find out which buses stop where by clicking on the bus icon.[/quote]

I agree, the [color=#FF0000]google map[/color] is the most adopted map which provide not only the local map but also world.

If you have high demand for this function, I would recommend you to install the Google earth, you can search the map faster by using the prog.
Here it is
[color=#808040]http://earth.google.com/intl/eng/[/color]