Online tax filing 2021

Me three. :sweat_smile:

I’m vacillating between trying to go to the tax office early next week (after getting everything in order at the weekend…hopefully) and seeing how far I can get online (the software seems quite functional for me, at least so far). The former would be a bit more tricky if they’re doing the odd/even system and/or requiring appointments.

As in my other thread, the latter is a bit complicated in my case - I believe the software generates some kind of cover form for the supporting documentation for foreign income, which I don’t really have, so it would probably be easier to explain that in person.

Honestly, I’m kind of leaning towards trying to file online, paying whatever the system says I owe, then either submitting the limited documentation I have or ignoring that part and waiting for them to complain (I think they allow a couple of weeks to submit this), at which point I guess I’ll need to go to the tax office to correct the mess. I’m assuming here that June 30 is the deadline for submitting rather than having everything 100% complete (and I may be wrong about that).

From what I’ve read, the interest/penalties aren’t very high.

1 Like