Only One China: The Republic of China!

With all the talk of Taiwan independence, Taiwan, Province of China, and so on, I think the classic CKS /ROC viewpoint has been totally overlooked.

There is only one China, the Republic of China! The People’s Republic of China? What’s that? Which people??

The ROC’s expulsion from the UN in 1971 certainly put a dent in this theory, but I still find it an amusing one.

I was recently looking at a fairly new Taiwan-manufactured map, and below and behold the supposed “PRC” was labeled “Republic of China,” including Taiwan, of course.

That large land mass to the North needs to recognize that it’s under the jurisdiction of the Republic of China, currently located in Taiwan! Now, once it does that, the only question remains, should the capital stay in Taipei, or move back to Nanjing? :laughing:

You do realise that this is still the official position of the KMT, don’t you?

:flog:

:flog:

You do realise that this is still the official position of the KMT, don’t you?[/quote]

And God bless every single one of them.

I mean wasting time and energy changing ROC to ROT wouldn’t accomplish much anyways.

ROC to ROT would not do much…but what is ROC doing or did anyways?

Yeah, what exactly did the ROC do? Not much except take a nation full of coolies and opium addicts and give them a future and a sense of national identity.

I agree AC, god bless 'em all.

[quote=“Etheorial”]With all the talk of Taiwan independence, Taiwan, Province of China, and so on, I think the classic CKS /ROC viewpoint has been totally overlooked.

There is only one China, the Republic of China! The People’s Republic of China? What’s that? Which people??

The ROC’s expulsion from the UN in 1971 certainly put a dent in this theory, but I still find it an amusing one.

I was recently looking at a fairly new Taiwan-manufactured map, and below and behold the supposed “PRC” was labeled “Republic of China,” including Taiwan, of course.

That large land mass to the North needs to recognize that it’s under the jurisdiction of the Republic of China, currently located in Taiwan! Now, once it does that, the only question remains, should the capital stay in Taipei, or move back to Nanjing? :laughing:[/quote]

It’s Lo and behold. :bow:

Whoops :slight_smile:

It’s oops :bow:

:laughing: :wink:

I often utter “whoops” upon making an error.

Can it be considered a…variation on “oops?” :smiley: