Open courseware

Someone here recently provided an excellent post - ocw for NTU. Thank you!

ocw.aca.ntu.edu.tw/ntu-ocw/index … ou/102S104

Most above do not speak with the crystal clear Chinese of a news anchor. And there’s quite a bit of background noise.

Any other Mandarin ocw sites?

Thanks for sharing this. I am also looking for English to Mandarin ( Chinese ) translator.

[quote=“austin”]Someone here recently provided an excellent post - ocw for NTU. Thank you!

Most above do not speak with the crystal clear Chinese of a news anchor. And there’s quite a bit of background noise.

Any other Mandarin ocw sites?[/quote]

Why is she speaking so fast? Is she trying to get this over and done with so she can get to her next lecture/engagement?

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”][quote=“austin”]Someone here recently provided an excellent post - ocw for NTU. Thank you!

Any other Mandarin ocw sites?[/quote]

Why is she speaking so fast? Is she trying to get this over and done with so she can get to her next lecture/engagement?[/quote]

I agree seems alittle fast, and that is good…adjusting to hi speed is one aspect of advancement. I listen to Voice of America Chinese because they have the fastest speakers, no dead time or musical interlude or background music. Speed is part of the listening test at the higher levels, e.g. HSK

Right. But practicing with fast stuff isn’t the most important aspect of developing listening comprehension. Vocabulary knowledge is. You’ll probably get better progress with fast speakers with 80% extensive reading and 20% listening to fast stuff, rather than just trying to listen to fast stuff. You’ll miss most of it anyway unless you’re spending a lot of time checking against a transcript or having someone debrief you.