Open Discussion on Tibetan Buddhism

[quote=“lostinasia”][quote=“Buddhism”][quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“Buddhism”][quote=“Zla’od”]…
So “too many teachers” use tantra to seduce their female students. Can you name any such cases in Taiwan?[/quote]
Don’t play naive; you can read Chinese, you should have read and heard some sexual tantra news via the media in Taiwan.
Plenty of them.
[/quote]
I can, but I haven’t heard of anything in particular with regards to Tibetan Buddhism. Hmmm, I guess I’ll have to go looking.[/quote]

Tempo Gain
It’s great! There are English names throughout the reports!!
If you’re able to read and understand Chinese, I have plenty of info for your reference.[/quote]
So, when asked to name any cases, you apparently can’t. [color=#0000FF]You can link to an inane propaganda video [/color]with zero trustworthiness, but you can’t name any of these many cases. OK, got it…[/quote]

Well, it’s your turn to[color=#0000FF] prove your claim that the social media that reported on lamas’ sexual scandals is a propaganda. [/color]
Thank you.

[quote=“Buddhism”]Well, it’s your turn to[color=#0000FF] prove your claim that the mass media that reported on lamas’ sexual scandals is a propaganda. [/color]
Thank you.[/quote]
Nah. I’ve given you the benefit of a doubt and tried to get a non-evasive answer, but your posts continue to ineffectually dodge questions. I’m done.

[quote=“lostinasia”][quote=“Buddhism”]…
So, when asked to name any cases, you apparently can’t. [color=#0000FF]You can link to an inane propaganda video [/color]with zero trustworthiness, but [color=#0000FF]you can’t name any of these many cases.[/color] OK, got it…[/quote]
[/quote]
For your references.
(1)
theguardian.com/commentisfre … e-buddhist
[color=#0000FF]Lama sex abuse claims call Buddhist taboos into question [/color]
by Mary Finnigan

“Sogyal denies allegations of abuse, but fresh evidence against him was recently aired in an investigative documentary called In the Name of Enlightenment, broadcast on Vision TV in Canada. A beautiful young woman identified as Mimi described an abusive sexual relationship. She was the first person claiming direct experience of Sogyal’s exploitative attentions to go public since the 1994 lawsuit.

"Sogyal (surname Lakar – Rinpoche is a title that means “precious one”) is the frontman for a Tibetan Buddhist organisation called Rigpa, which has a worldwide reach with 130 centres in 41 countries. He has a bestselling book, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, to his name and he starred alongside Keanu Reeves in the movie Little Buddha. Sogyal is a formidably successful guru – probably the best known Tibetan after the Dalai Lama. His trajectory into Buddhist superstardom suffered only a temporary setback following the Janice Doe lawsuit – despite the fact that lurid rumours about his sex life circulate on the internet with increasing volume and persistence.”

(2)
enlighten.org.tw/trueheart_en/21
[color=#0000FF]Lamas Commonly Indulge in Sexual Desires; Their Excuse is a Blatant Lie[/color]
“Cowboy” Lama Naimai Rinpoche was caught for buying sex as reported in full details by many newspapers and TV channels earlier. Recently, internet media even made more follow-up interviews on this incident and has drawn wide attention from the public. According to the investigation of media reporters, Naimai Rinpoche lived on the seventh floor of a building on Linsen North Road in Taipei City. His apartment also served as a “Buddha” hall with no signs posted. Neighbors nearby were not at all surprised with the rinpoche being caught for buying sex when police conducted a spot check. They said that it was a “common sight.” Neighbors have often seen Naimai Rinpoche come home with female companions, which has left them with bad impressions…

“…Over the years, Naimai Rinpoche had been trained to become the great Khenpo (abbot) at Dzogchen Monastery, [color=#0000FF]the most prominent temple in Tibet.[/color] He began his study at the age of 8 and became a novice lama in Dzogchen Monastery at the age of 11. Between the age of 15 and 26, he studied at Shira Shing Scripture College established by Dzogchen Monastery in 1848. In this institute, he studied all dharmas of Exoteric Buddhism and Tibetan “Buddhism” as well as the five major and minor Treatises of Tibetan Buddhist Doctrine. He was trained under guidance of more than 50 Khenpos and Rinpoches with great achievements.” (Part 2)

[quote=“triceratopses”]…
[color=#0000FF]Those are all chinese buddhists has nothing to do with tibetan buddhism, [/color]except for Choedak Rinpoche, who firstly is in australia not taiwan, and is not a monk meaning he can have sex with whoever he likes.
Nevertheless Choedak Rinpoche was heavily admonished by the australian tibetan buddhist community since he is a minor community leader of sorts.

Again, what you are calling “evidence” other people call “foolish nonsense”.[/quote]

As you can see, among others, the pieces of evidences shown here are certainly
not
Chinese buddhists, [color=#0000FF]they are tantric lamas[/color]!!
Come on, what good does it do to deny the fact?
Do you know the true meaning of “foolishness”?
Is this the way you would do to educate your children or the younger generation? :pray:

[quote=“triceratopses”]…
Again, what you are calling “evidence” other people call “foolish nonsense”.[/quote]
In terms of Buddhism, sentient beings’ every physical, verbal and mental deeds will bring about future adorable or undesired differently ripening retributions (異熟果報); the results certainly cannot be decided by your momentary consciousness of this present lifetime, but depend upon your own behavior.
This is called the mode of causality, regardless of whether you are a Buddhist or not, or you believe in it or not.

Therefore, you had better be careful for your deed whatever insignificant it may be.
On the other hand, please allow me to remind you again, you are dealing with a Buddhist practitioner and the subject matter is about Buddhist true Dharma, so the consequences could be rather serious.

Further info about the Dalai Lama, it’s in French, but some wording could be familiar to the ears, such as SS, Nazi Heinrich, CIA payroll, and sect Shoko Asahara, and Tokyo, etc. (Part 3)

youtube.com/watch?v=NteQUTdL5fE
Reported by François Asselineau, French Inspector General for finances.
May 15, 2013

[quote=“Buddhism”]As you can see, among others, the pieces of evidences shown here are certainly
not
Chinese buddhists, [color=#0000FF]they are tantric lamas[/color]!!
Come on, what good does it do to deny the fact? [/quote]

They don’t have indian or tibetan names they have chinese names, and they are not wearing tibetan clothing belonging to any indian/tibetan lineage, except for Choedak Rinpoche like i already said.

You keeping citing lay practitioners as having done something negative. Unfortunately for you, these are not monks who have not taken any vows to not have sex. If any illegal sexual activity were to have occurred, the police would become involved and these people would be arrested, which has not happened.

[quote=“triceratopses”]…
[color=#0000FF]there are just very isolated incidents. [/color]
[/quote]

Let me remind you, sexual scandals caused by the lamas are certainly
not
isolated cases.
It is because lamas are taught from a young age that the sexual Highest Yoga Tantra is the ultimate practice and cultivation method.
The demo Youtube has briefly explained the tantric practice at around 09:37~10:00 and 18:00 ~20:30.
Tantric sexual scandals will go on as long as this sexual doctrine remains. (Part 4)

Turning the Tide to Protect Buddhism

[quote=“Buddhism”]Let me remind you, sexual scandals caused by the lamas are certainly
not
isolated cases.[/quote]

If you really think that, then you cannot recognize reality. There are 10s of millions of tibetan buddhists, almost none of them practice anything to do with sex.

Also the youtube clip you linked is a complete lie and deception. Noone in tibetan buddhism asserts that merely staying in climax without ejaculating for long periods of time will produce anything, and it will certainly not produce union of bliss and emptiness.

It requires full mastery over the inner channel systems, particularly those in the skin at this stage. Already the advanced practitioner will have highly developed clairvoyance and some mastery over the elements. For example the last monk that a Dalai Lama accepted as being qualified to do consort practice while ordained was about 600 years ago. Everyone made fun of him for hanging out with ladies and thinking that he was so advanced. The Dalai Lama called him to the Potala in front of an entire assembly of monks with the intention of making a mockery out of him. Instead he picked a nearby yaks horn and bent it into a knot displaying his mastery over inner wind conditions and subsequently the external elements.

After this the Dalai Lama said ok, perhaps you might be accomplished enough we will leave you alone.

Everything after the 10min mark is senseless speculation and total nonsense. Tsongkhapa did not say you can kill people, nor did he say that every lama should have consorts. Nor is he the “patriarch” for tibetna buddhism, nor does the Dalai Lama say that lamas should have consorts. In reality it is completely the opposite. Tsongkhapa himself never publicly took a consort and instead decide to wait and purposefully attained buddhahood during the death process in front of everyone, even though the consort way is much quicker and more assured.

“In the Name of Enlightenment - Sex Scandal in Religion” - About Sogyal Rinpoche
post on youtube on 2012/09/23 by Western victims and their families.

That’s just one report under many more, of course; you can easily fine lots more of these if you really care to know.

Ooooh, check into its following several hundreds of comments post by viewers in English when you got times.
The truth sure is coming out and spreading to general public as time goes by, mind you, this phenomenon is call: “ cause and effect ”, the way it goes is only natural; its called Karma and Dharma, in which none of us sentient beings can live beyond it, remember :bow:

Behind the Façade of Secret Mantra
Abridged Version

by Venerable Xiao Pingshi

Seeing a row of flying geese, 
Feeling a wave of grief, 
How can I express the least with a simple “worry”? 
Month after month, year after year, 
Seeing the evil gaining ground over the good, 
Is there really nothing we can do? 
Raising my hand to wipe my tearful eyes, 
With all my might, I yell out my immovable vow, 
The vow to demolish the banners of the devil! 
Now let’s raise the flag of the true Dharma 
And watch it wave for the millennium to come! 
— Xiao Pingshi

Yes, you keep posting the same handful of tibetan lamas with scandals over and over again. Somehow the millions of other tibetan buddhists don’t have any sex scandal for you to report :roflmao:

from Rigpa Cult Practice Testimonies, Chris Chandler, on June 17, 2013 :

Whether it is Theravada buddhism, Mahayana buddhism, Tibetan buddhism, since after the Buddha died, what the Buddha taught has been totally corrupted by state/religious politics, over centuries,

starting first with the Hindustani Brahmins who took Buddhism over in India, that’s what , in fact the Tibetan lamas ‘inherited” that’s why they are on thrones, and believe (talk about narcissism) that they are living dieties, that is why there is a guru vajrayana strain, and everyone of them believe that they ARE the reincarnation of this and that deity lama, ( you can’t get more theistic then this)

because it is a Hindu religion, of elitist Brahmanism that created a caste system in Tibet just like in India (it was one of the things the Buddha Shakyamuni tried to counteract in his own times);
and then mixed it with Mahayana buddhism , and the whole karma, reincarnation focus on future lives, (so that people don’t protest what is happening in this one), it doesn’t matter,

what strain, when it is mixed with the State it becomes a repressive censorious regime, that keeps people mired in superstition, ignorance, poverty and misery.

None of it relates to what the Buddha actually taught, which was really more a secular , non theistic understanding of cause and effect, and the truth of impermanence, and most importantly to be enlightened with in one’s own True Heart …

how all suffering is caused by ‘wishing things were different than they are” , all these strains of buddhism (except what the Buddha actually taught) teach people to turn “inward” ignore the reality around them for a future life of imagined enlightenment if you only follow the dogmas of this religion, they are no different than any fundamentalist religion ….

Europe is waking up to this , and the U.S. is slowly , slowly waking up, you can find more and more articles in city newspapers, describing the absurdity of who the Dalai Lamas actually are, what their regimes are really like, and trying to cut through this nonsense we have filled our heads with for the last 40 years, THEY are a cult of Lamaism, and they are NOT presenting what the Buddha taught, they are all about keeping themselves on those thrones for lifetime after lifetime, and creating a world buddhocracy that will resemble Old Tibet.
They cannot handle the first tenet of what the Buddha taught: IMPERMANENCE>

You don’t know anything about vajrayana. No vajrayanist asserts that buddhas (what you call “deity”) take rebirth.

Furthermore any half-educated vajrayanist such as myself has more realization of coarse and subtle impermanence in their little toe than people like you ever will. This is because unlike your fake chinese lineage, vajrayana lineages study dharmakirti and dignaga at length for decades. The Sautrantika logic schools expounded primarily by dharmakirti are the primary place where subtle impermanence is provided in in-depth commentary. You don’t even study buddhist logic. You are essentially non-buddhist, you chant and quote ancient sutras like a theist

Guess I should not be surprised at all, to see that Triceratopses can not tell that~~~ iwonder and Chris Chandler are two different persons.
Yeah, Tricera… can not see the fact, either.,

By the way, Happy New Year 2016 to all readers :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Oh i see you’re quoting a blog post… you should add quotes when you are quoting someone

The guy is clueless. If Tibetan Buddhism is a Hindu religion which installs caste systems just as it did in india and tibet, why hasn’t it done it anywhere else? Why have i never seen a vajrayana text or commentary that teaches a caste system?

[quote=“triceratopses”]…

The guy is clueless.
If Tibetan Buddhism is a Hindu religion which installs caste systems just as it did in india and tibet, why hasn’t it done it anywhere else? Why have i never seen a vajrayana text or commentary that teaches a caste system?[/quote]

No, this guy is definitely not clueless.
This guy had stayed in the inner circle of Lamaism for around thirty years, and this guy has the guts and wits to speak out the truth about what he had experienced.

Lucky you, you are only half-educated in this Lamaism’s doctrine instead of decades of time and energy spilling.
No worries, I will post more about the fundamentals of the Secret Mantra Vehicle, as you’ve called it vajrayana.
And you certainly have your chance to feedback.

From Dzi beads to Lamaism
By Jiangba Luojie

"About ten years ago, the western New Age movement and the unique social customs of Taiwan brought the dzi bead into vogue on this island nation. Initially a family heirloom of Tibetan women, this gem stone was intentionally or unintentionally hyped as “a treasure that fell from the sky and that did not originally exist in this world.” It was said, “anyone who carries a dzi will become a buddha in the future without the need for actual practice.” Today, Taiwan has even become the world’s largest exporter of ancient dzi beads, which are sold to Tibet to satisfy collectors worldwide. Later, results of modern scientific testing showed that these stones merely come from the processing of whitened ancient agate. This revelation put an end to the beautiful but soiled myth to surrounding the dzi beads.

From an anthropological perspective, the propagation of the Buddha Dharma in history has often undergone cultural substitution based on temporal and geographical conditions, with the environment being a determinant factor of the restructured cultural element. Lee Yuan-song of Taiwan’s Modern Ch’an Society once said: “The Secret Mantra religion (Tibetan Lamaism) is analogous to a diamond enwrapped in gilded garbage.” However, is this sparkling diamond really the ground of truth that the World-Honored One touched with His cotton-like soft hand and the morning star that He beheld with His clear bright eyes? Or is it just a simulacrum that consists of a zircon whose glare is so strong that Secret Mantra Vehicle’s practitioners cannot and will not see through its essence?" (Part 1)

[quote=“Buddhism”][quote=“triceratopses”]…

The guy is clueless.
If Tibetan Buddhism is a Hindu religion which installs caste systems just as it did in india and tibet, why hasn’t it done it anywhere else? Why have i never seen a vajrayana text or commentary that teaches a caste system?[/quote]

No, this guy is definitely not clueless.[/quote]

Let me teach you a little about logic.

I gave an assertion, which is supported by a reason. The only way to disprove the assertion as wrong is not to say “it’s wrong”, but to go about undermining the given reason.

Almost all that I’ve seen from you and your anti-vajrayana people is along the lines of ‘lamaism teaches this and this, but it is wrong’. You are all allergic to logic. You rely only on fanatical belief. Sadly for you, you cannot logically disprove an assertion supported by reasoning by behaving like a little child saying ‘no it isnt, yes it is, no it isnt, yes it is’.

[quote=“triceratopses”][quote=“Buddhism”][quote=“triceratopses”]…

I gave an assertion, which is supported by a reason. The only way to disprove the assertion as wrong is not to say “it’s wrong”, but to go about undermining the given reason.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I know you meant it well.
Though logic is only one of the five insights [五明 pañca-vidyā] in Buddhist learning, a true Buddhist practitioner will certainly not be satisfied with logic only.
In terms of Buddhism, the final aim is to attain the wisdom of liberation or the prajna to attain Buddhahood.
Every individual can learn the insight about logic [因明 hetu-vidyā] from other related field apart from Buddhism, so why should you make a issue of logic in Buddhism?
Buddha’s teaching is much more than logic, by far, it’s about the Ultimate truth.

Btw, what logic have you learned from your sexual practice?

As has been explained to you numerous times, there is no such thing as sexual practice in tibetan buddhism. It is consort practice which is a perfect samadhi practice utilizing internal energy wind structures.

For example, any time a person reached mere shamata and gains cessation from the 5 hindrances it always happens exactly the same way: there is always a feeling at the top of the head cracking open slightly and heat melting down the spine like warm honey. The head also feels naturally warm and it is free from stress and pain that we normally feel there. The body too becomes extremely light and pliable, and it is very simple and natural to remain seated for hours at a time and feel wonderful even if one is 90.

This is an example of internal wind structures in the head, specifically the top of the head, becoming slightly loose at the time that shamata is attained.

Normal people have severe wind blockages in their head, because they have weak minds and pathetic concentration. Shamata is attained precisely because the wind blockages have lessened due to stabilizing concentration, though the practitioner will not be aware of this. As the saying goes, it takes about 6 months for a gifted person to go from nothing to shamata, it would then takes such a person 12 to 18 months to clearly locate the winds in a given area and work with them directly.

Lastly, I and millions of vajrayana practitioners do not do sexual practices or what is correctly called consort practice, because we are nowhere near that level of practice. An example of a person who very likely was qualified, is the late Kalu Rinpoche who you like to trash, who was in retreat for 30 years before even bothering to begin to think about doing consort practice. He spent 10,000s of hours in dhyanas over the decades, and in order to do consort practice one gives those up and resides on the level of perfect-single pointed concentration in the desire realm. Why? Because in order to utilize the special wind structures needed for consort practices one needs to make use of desire realm desire, which does not exist in the form and formless realms.

ANY DOG PRACTITIONER on the street can reach shamata and gain cessation from desire for sensual objects (food and sex). It is not profound, difficult, or meaningful.

Regarding the complete need for logic the buddha said:

"The Kashyapa Chapter of the Pile of Jewels Sutra says:

“Kashyapa, it is thus: For example, fire arises when the wind rubs two branches together. Once the fire has arisen, the two branches are burned. Just so Kashyapa, if you have correct analytical intellect, an Arya’s faculty of wisdom is generated. Through its generation, the correct analytical intellect is consumed.”