Open Forum is getting boring

I’ve noticed in the past month or so the Open Forum has gotten kinda lame. I mean, look at some of the topics at the top of the list. Studying English? Stumbling through websites? Test - pls ignore? Self-centered Canadians? Thank God Fred is back?

No wonder people are moving to Japan!

C’mon people. Come up with some more provocative topics, like in the good ol’ days.

So, it isn’t just me having that feeling that there is something missing here recently. What happened? New moderator? Have some of the more spicy posters left? What?
The Flame forum has dried up too :frowning:

You could always start your own threads…

Maybe in August people are on holiday, or too hot to think…

Or maybe this board isn’t just for one persons pleasure or interests.

its not provocative because all the fucking moderators keep moving the interesting ones to the flounder forum or some other forums…

Open FORUM SUCKS NOW!!

Erm…Canadians suck?

It’s been how long since there’s been a “Western women are ugly cows”/“Taiwanese women are immature sticks with no personality” flamewar? Two, dare I say three weeks? Come on all you men who live in Taipei! Let us know what you really think!

[quote=“klaxon”]
C’mon people. Come up with some more provocative topics, like in the good ol’ days.[/quote]

I agree that there is an element of pc-ness right now and a more puritanical atmosphere and stricter, subjective moderating, so…

BroonAboutTo…

Klaxon: started a part-time prostitution thread. better?

BroonAntagonist

Well start some interesting topics then, you dumbass pricks.

Bu Lai En: I just did, but given my past record, I am wary of instant floundering which in turn makes one reluctant to post provocative topics. Some months back, my Lynddie England Should Have An Abortion (IP Forum)thread ran to 20 pages in 24 hours with most of it battling offended moderators… :unamused:

Ergo, the existence of interesting provocative thread, are largely subject to the whims of moderators with a political/religious/nationalist bias so some topics are instantly floundered/flamed or heaven forbid, controversial posters suspended… :smiling_imp: :wink:

BroonSpam

It has been rather sleepy, hasn’t it! But it’s only natural for most things to slow down in this enervating heat. I expect it’ll perk up again when the weather begins to cool.

Omni: Now posting provocatively…whaddya think?

BroonAle

Posting provocatively is great. I’ll only flounder/flame the things that are downright offensive, or just incomprfehensible/too stupid for words.

Brian

How about this one? “Alidarbac: urbane, intelligent nice-guy or self-important, cocky smart-ass?” Personally, I can’t figure it out :s .

Here’s another one: “How many Forumosans Does it Take to Throw Jinete Mortal into the Pool?” More than two or three, I can tell ya!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was wondering if that would get a mention here at one point or another… :wink:

Did I really step on Tetsuo’s head during my little maneuver? :astonished:

Personally, I’d vote for the latter. I’ve never been accused of being urbane.

Anyhow, there’s plenty of controversy going on on Forumosa. Isn’t there a “RACISM!!: A kid at the night market called me a ‘meiguoren’!!!” thread simmering over at the Living in Taiwan forum?

He had the strength of ten men because he’d just seen me peeing in the water. A motivated man is a strong man.

He had the strength of ten men because he’d just seen me peeing in the water. A motivated man is a strong man.[/quote]

:notworthy: