Open-Work Permit Application Procedures - Step by step

Article 15 of
Regulations Governing Visiting, Residency, and Permanent Residency of Aliens
says

The spouse and any underage children of any alien whose application for permanent residency is approved based upon investment immigration, may also apply for permanent residency.

Articles 15 and 16 of
Act for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professionals
also say minors can get APRC.

If you are a minor, U20, there are restrictions even if you can get an open work permit.
If you are over 18 and under 20, the restriction may be just a permit/consent of parents.

3 Likes

Hi

Thanks for your answer

Minor can get aprc Under some conditions thus I asked my question

1 Like

Thanks for replying

Indeed I need I think there are some kind of restrictions for minors…let me investigate more in the Work office

related laws

Labor Standards Act

Articles 44~48, 77, 79

Civil Code

Article 12

The Protection of Children and Youth Welfare and Rights Act

3 Likes

thanks…so basically very likely they won’t issue the OWP to people under 16 years old…very useful…
thanks!

Can’t find the Open Work permit on there.

Continuing a discussion with @tando here:

About article 51 of the Employment Service Act, the act that gives us the open work permit. Full text:
https://law.moj.gov.tw/ENG/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?pcode=N0090001

So I looked up those exemptions in the article, and that created more questions. The first:
Paragraphs 1 and 3 of Article 46
Text of Article 46

I think paragraph 1 is the list of jobs, and paragraph 3 is the last paragraph, so what restriction does paragraph 2 still place? If a job requires that a foreigner have 2 years of experience, does that still apply? Am I misunderstanding paragraphs?

Does having an open work permit exempt me from all of the Employment Service Act?

1 Like

basically, yes. The restrictions on foreigners are mostly related to getting a work permit, and by holding your own permit, you are exempted most of the restrictions, if not all, I believe.

I didn’t realize that after 5 years of employment, foreigners (employers) are exempted from the restriction of job categories. Employers still need to get a work permit, so I’m not sure how it works, though.