Opening a representative office in Taiwan

https://www.healyconsultants.com This firm looks like a pretty surefire way to do this but $14k seems pretty steep. Is there a cheaper way of doing this?

I think so . I registered a company in HK . I used Sam at Jusregal in Taipei to fix the Rep office details . You must have a real office ( not home) and if rented , have Landord permission in writing also . Costs were not too crazy but I can not remember exactly . Maybe 1000 usd guess but it was 4 years ago

You can’t set up an office in your home and register it as the representative office address? That’s weird. I thought I read somewhere here that you can.
Anyway. We’ll see how things pan out and if they go the way I envision, will give them a call. How easy was it to register a company in HK and would you say this makes it easier to set up a rep office in Taiwan or is it the same as with an Australian company?

Mine is a home office. Australian company is better especially if it is an established business and not a newly formed business in HK, though paperwork might be harder if you don’t have someone in Australia to help get authentication of documents in a major city.

1 Like

I think you just have to be careful that your lease agreement allows for “business” use in the home. Must be allowable if you have done it… I was just advised not to do it that way but it may be fine. Worth getting an expert to do it though. I remember their cost was reasonable at Jusregal ,even had a Lawyer nearby to do the Notarization stuff. Good luck and apologies if I was wrong

Yeah, need a letter from the Landlord.

I remember the Office landlord had to write and stamp a letter confirming , which I then had to notarize…real pain is ass. Hopefully easier now

Fortunately that will be pretty painless.