Options for getting out if China invades Taiwan

I’m finding Chang and will be heading to the mountains and living off the fat of the land.

Chang, now 21, is well-known in the nation’s mountain climbing community, earning praise for her skills, physical endurance, outdoor survival instincts and independent spirit.

She is also famous as a cosplayer, adopting and assuming many video game and anime cartoon characters.

Chang was born a boy, named Chun-yu (張峻瑜), who felt trapped in a man’s body. When he turned 18, he had a sex-change operation and legally changed his gender and adopted a female name.

Chang is reportedly a certified professional mountain guide and earned a living taking groups trekking through the nation’s mountain ranges.

“she” wont take you as “she” only takes little girls.

4 Likes

We can line the tunnel exit with claw machines… will that slow them down?

2 Likes

Depends what the prizes are.

2 Likes

Stuffed Winnie the Pooh’s!

3 Likes

Nowhere will be safe.

If China invades Taiwan I do not think other countries will sit idly by while it happens. The US will be involved, they have to or else they lose credibility with everyone else.

The war will also shake global market to its foundation. Taiwan is very important in global trades.

If the US goes to war with China, expect the draft to be instituted. Nuclear weapons may be used as well.

The world as you know it will be different when it happens. It won’t be “life goes on” kinda deal.

It’s not going to happen anyways because if China wanted to invade they would have already.

2 Likes

wear thick glasses.

dress ‘fashionably’ in high shorts and socks with sandals. you’ll be invisible.

3 Likes

I’m dying my hair blond if that happens.

My chestnut brown italian stallion mane blends in the crowds too much here.

1 Like

Oh, i think they certainly do want to take it over. They’re just biding their time until they can take it over some other way, and if that does not work, then they would have the muscle to finish the job.

But you’re right. It will be the end of life as we know it now.

So is the Pacific Rim in general. It would all be affected. Cessation of US-China trade alone would be huge.

1 Like

Let’s hope saner minds prevail. China can eventually just buy Taiwan and even the US

Wouldn’t you want to blend in? Maybe even enunciate your “r’s” when speaking in Mandarin?

1 Like

Why would that be? When the Japanese Imperial Navy attacked the US, they hit 5 bases simultaneously: Hawaii, Guam, Midway, Wake Island, and the Philippines. And that was 80 years ago! Plus, it was coordinated with half of the Pacific Ocean between them! Most of us only know about Pearl Harbour, but the sneak attack was just as successful in the other US territories.

I have never read up about how China might go about conducting a full scale invasion. I do remember lying in bed with my girlfriend the morning after the 921 earthquake with the power out around most of Taipei thinking that would be a good time for China to swoop in if they really wanted to. They don’t, they didn’t (and they probably figured they wouldn’t want to pay for the the cleanup).

Don’t you think they’ll send rockets first to break things.
With the refineries, airports and power grid gone. I’m not sure the average people have the will.
They won’t have to kill many people. Smash infrastructure just enough then have the PLA and the belt and road engineers. Standing by. Just sign here and things will be great. Man, I’ve grown cynical. I never felt this way before.

3 Likes

Just cut out out Internet, we´re gone.

US worries about Taiwan being willing to put up a fight. i just wonder being able to put up a fight as the generals are loyal to China, the China of their ancestors, the China of their dreams and investments and pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. So even if the troops want to fight…the generals won´t give the order. And since no one here questions authority…we´re screwed.

It will be a takeover from within. You can see it in the Govnerment now: their loyalties lie elsewhere. And no, It is not Tsa or Lai or anyone easily in the public eye. It is the thousands of public servants with kids in the States and second and third homes in Shanghai and Hubei.

If you can get a fast boat, a cigar shaped one, those are good to evade radar. The high speed water motorcycles too. The issue will be making it to Japan… and hope the Chinese do not decide to revenge against the Japanese too.

This article discusses how an invasion could play out, and proposes that Taiwan could even win!

Notice how the staging areas shown in the map are well beyond Kinmen and Matsu

[Ian] Easton [a fellow at the Project 2049 Institute, in his book The Chinese Invasion Threat: Taiwan’s Defense and American Strategy in Asia] estimates that Taiwanese, American, and Japanese leaders will know that the PLA is preparing for a cross-strait war more than 60 days before hostilities begin. They will know for certain that an invasion will happen more than 30 days before the first missiles are fired. This will give the Taiwanese ample time to move much of their command and control infrastructure into hardened mountain tunnels, move their fleet out of vulnerable ports, detain suspected agents and intelligence operatives, litter the ocean with sea mines, disperse and camouflage army units across the country, put the economy on war footing, and distribute weapons to Taiwan’s 2.5 million reservists.

There are only 13 beaches on Taiwan’s western coast that the PLA could possibly land at. Each of these has already been prepared for a potential conflict. Long underground tunnels—complete with hardened, subterranean supply depots—crisscross the landing sites. The berm of each beach has been covered with razor-leaf plants. Chemical treatment plants are common in many beach towns—meaning that invaders must prepare for the clouds of toxic gas any indiscriminate saturation bombing on their part will release. This is how things stand in times of peace.

Be sure to read the part that imagines what a PLA soldier’s perspective might be. It starts with this:

To understand the real strength of these defenses, imagine them as a PLA grunt would experience them. Like most privates, he is a countryside boy from a poor province. He has been told his entire life that Taiwan has been totally and fatally eclipsed by Chinese power. He will be eager to put the separatists in their place. Yet events will not work out as he has imagined.

2 Likes

1 Like

No no no. Stand out as the foreigner is best. I’m not the enemy to either side. Just the innocent bystander.

2 Likes

Those and the new Colombian made subs would be awesome for guerrilla warfare.

If Taiwan was not so racist, we could bring over Colombian sub experts, Cuban propaganda masters, Chilean indoctrinators. Man, with those, we could beat the Chinese. :cactus:

lol :joy:

Why wouldn’t they try and land in this area? Seems like the perfect place. Landing in Fulong, Toucheng or Loudong seems incredibly dumb.

By this logic why not green or orchid island :laughing:

1 Like