Ordering Books Online

Any suggestions about where to order books online with cheap international shipping to Taiwan?

Definitely bookdepository.com for books in English or other European languages. Low prices and free shipping to Taiwan. I find them very reliable. But you need some patience because it usually takes about 2 weeks for the books to arrive (they’re shipped from Europe).

Another vote for the book depository, but also a Kindle or other e-reader is a worthwhile investment.

I have a bookstore in Taichung and import books from the US about once a month. Books arrive generally in 3-5 days. You can find contact details on Facebook (FB.com/wilsenpublishing) and on our website (wilsenpublishing.com). My shop also has greeting cards (Hallmark, letterpress), postcards, notebooks, plush toys and other great gifts.

Wilsen Publishing 意群國際有限公司
403台中市西區公正路140巷1弄1號1F
Gong Zheng Road, Lane 140, Alley 1, #1
West District, Taichung, Taiwan 403
www.wilsenpublishing.com
電話: +886 4 2301 3662 (Taiwan)
Publishing * Content Development * Printing

I agree: Book Depository rocks.

If you want to do a quick comparison with other sellers (with a wide range of used options included), check out the Abebooks website.

Guy

I’ve found though that a fair sized Amazon order will work out about the same or cheaper, even with shipping.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, good to know.

I’m trying to buy “The Book With No Pictures”, but the I only could find it in Book Depository:

The problem is that it takes too long to arrive.
Does anyone knows where can I get it in Taiwan?

Does Kingstone have it available for order? The Google translate version of this page suggests that, but I can’t really read Chinese - and for all I know it’s just another order that’ll take months to arrive.

(When I search “The book with no pictures” site:tw, there are lots of results, but I don’t know how useful they are.)

EDIT: Oh, plus I’m not sure if it’s in English or Chinese.

Some reviews say it’s “irresistibly silly”. So I’m going for a digital copy for my e-reader.

I guess it only works if you have kids…

Thanks!
I tried that search before, but too many places don’t have it in stock.
I’ll check Kingstone now.

Edit: No, no luck with Kingstone neither…

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks!
It’s a bit more expensive than others I found online, but at least it seems it has stock!

You can search in this website FindBook

Also , some public libraries have this book on stock
you can borrow it for up to 30 days (圖書可借30天)

sources
https://webpac.tphcc.gov.tw/webpac/search.cfm?m=ss&t0=k&c0=and&k0=9780803741713
http://webcat.tpml.edu.tw/webpac/bookDetail.do?id=642630

4 Likes

That’s a great searching tool!
Thanks for sharing! I will definitely save it in my favorites :wink:

1 Like