Ordering from online pharmacies

There is a drug which I cannot obtain in Taiwan (and believe me, I’ve tried), so I’ve decided to order it from an online pharmacy. The pharmacy I ordered it from was highly recommended.

I’m not expecting any trouble from the pharmacy. What I’m wondering about is whether or not the medicine will get through Taiwan’s customs. It’s NOT a controlled substance. I’m just not sure if Taiwan’s authorities will let it through, especially if they don’t know what it is.

Has anyone had any experience with this in Taiwan? I have done it in the USA and it worked. I’m pretty sure that the vast majority of Taiwanese buy their medications locally or get them from NHI, and wouldn’t understand why anyone would order drugs from abroad.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

best regards,
DB

I had a similar situation when i arrived here. I researched the drug and my medical problem. By understanding the problem more and the drug i was using, I was able to find a suitable replacement here and at a really cheap price. I would think it would be a problem getting drugs shipped abroad.

Thanks for the comment. I guess I should further explain - I have a medical condition (Crohn’s disease) which is extremely rare in Taiwan. They do have some MILD drugs to treat it, and I’m taking those, but my condition is taking a turn for the worse and I want to go with something more powerful. Unfortunately, those drugs are not available here. One of the two drugs I want to order is actually experimental. My doctor approves of what I’m doing and he would prescribe the drugs if they were available in Taiwan. So my only hope is an online pharmacy or a trip abroad.

best regards,
DB

If you are in Taipei and having it sent to a PO box, you should have no trouble at all getting it.

DB, did you get your medicine?

[quote=“Dog’s_Breakfast”]There is a drug which I cannot obtain in Taiwan (and believe me, I’ve tried), so I’ve decided to order it from an online pharmacy. The pharmacy I ordered it from was highly recommended.

I’m not expecting any trouble from the pharmacy. What I’m wondering about is whether or not the medicine will get through Taiwan’s customs. It’s NOT a controlled substance. I’m just not sure if Taiwan’s authorities will let it through, especially if they don’t know what it is.

Has anyone had any experience with this in Taiwan? I have done it in the USA and it worked. I’m pretty sure that the vast majority of Taiwanese buy their medications locally or get them from NHI, and wouldn’t understand why anyone would order drugs from abroad.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

best regards,
DB[/quote]

Hi DB,

I did an Internet search for the drug, and based on what I found in the search I called Victoria Pharmacy Zurich (4144 211 24 32) ( pharmaworld.com ) and asked them if they had it. Of course I’m not 100% sure it’s the drug you’re trying to get, but anyway, they said they had the drug I asked about, and said that they had shipped it to Taiwan on another occasion / other occasions, but (1) it should be shipped in a refrigerated box, and (2) you’d need an import permit to get it through Customs.

[Edit: I think you would apply to the Department of Health for the import permit.]

I’m sorry that the hopeful assumption I made in my PM to you was wrong, but I still think it’s doable. If you are reading this, I can try to find out more about the Customs situation if you would like.

On the other hand, if you would like for me to butt out, I will do that.

Take care,
Charlie Jack

(Mods, if there is anything you think or even suspect might be inappropriate about this post, feel free to delete or Temp it.)