Organized Crime in Charge of EU Carbon Credits Trade

Some less than surprising news out regarding the ‘Carbon Credit’ scam in Europe. It seems that it has been found to be heavily controlled by organized crime - imagine that.

[quote]Organized Crime in Charge of Carbon Trade in Europe - Europol says
excert:
First, there was Climate Gate – the scandal with hacked emails suggesting scientists have abused data for research on global warming. Now, another international climate scandal is emerging that may have an impact on the talks in Copenhagen.

Europe’s top police body Europol, the closest thing that European Union has to the American FBI, has exposed a massive fraud with the unions official market in carbon credits, the Emission Trading System.

The fraud is costing tax payers in a handful of European countries more than five billion euro – 7 billion dollars – and raises doubts about the effectiveness of carbon trading as a measure to curb emissions.

Europol director Rob Wainwright issued the following statement:

These criminal activities endanger the credibility of the European Union Emission Trading System and lead to the loss of significant tax revenue for governments.

Police authorities in Belgium, Denmark, France, the Netherlands, Spain and the United Kingdom have worked together in what Europol calls a process to identify and disrupt the organized criminal structures behind these fraud schemes…more at linky[/quote]
Explained via graphics:

Algore, the multi-millionaire carbon credits poster- boy, remains unavailable for comment at this time.

Of course, those savy industrial investors who joined up w/AJ & I in our CC venture need have no such fears. We remain incorruptible.

This doesn’t make the science go away.

could be worse. they might be in charge of the school milk trade.

at least our governments are firmly in control of the drugs situation, as it would be criminally negligent to let organised crime get into that.

My threads seem to be a magnet for the ADD crowd.

Cowboy the Chinese were busted with a fake dam/carbon credit scheme.

As Fortigurn noted, it doesn’t make the science go away, any more than the fact that guns are routinely used to commit crimes means that ballistics is a bogus field of research.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]My threads seem to be a magnet for the ADD crowd.[/quote]Your posts are always interesting to say the least.

Pssst, wanna buy some cheap carbon credits? hardly used, looks just like the real thing

Surprised? I’m not!

It’s as easy to manipulate as the stock market. :ohreally:

Corruption in the EU and big companies trying to get around the law? Shocking :astonished:

Don’t see what Al Gore has to do with the above though. It’s an ethics/corruption/law enforcement/tax fraud issue, not an environmental issue.