Oriented Happy Hours

Have you ever been to an Oriented Happy Hour?

• Yes, all of them / most of them
  • Yes, more than once
  • Yes, once
  • No, but I intend to one day
  • No, and I don’t intend to

0 voters

I just looked over at oriented.com at all those lovely low-res photos of past OrIeNteD dOs. I can’t bring myself to believe that the people on this forum are the same bunch that go to those events. Maybe it’s the goaties. Maybe it’s the cocktail glasses and tall thin beers. It just doesn’t fit somehow.
Anyway, the only way to find out for sure is for the the posters here to fess up in the poll.

:slight_smile:

Ok, I’ve been to more than one,
but only to the last half hour or so
and it’s nothing I’m proud of, alright?
:?

Sandman and his dirty little goatee are bound to be there.
I picture him holding court and discussing the best way to prepare Tuscan cuisine while sipping a martini. Boss Hogg nods vigorously and laughs drolly at his every suggestion, devours delicate chicken legs and drips the sauce down the front of his silk tie.

[quote]Sandman and his dirty little goatee are bound to be there.
I picture him holding court and discussing the best way to prepare Tuscan cuisine while sipping a martini[/quote]

How perceptive! I’ve never been to an orINeTTED do and can’t see myself going in the future, but if I did, I would almost certainly do just what you describe, except I prefer to drink Amaretto and Blue Nun cocktails. And Tuscan? Oh please, that’s just soooo last spring!

I’m waiting for them to hold one in Yungho b[/b], that’d be about the only thing that’d drag me there. Oh yeah, free beer, pies, footy or cricket on the big screen would help too :stuck_out_tongue:

Hear, hear! Although I’m not particularly into sports, any place where a plain Coke could be had for less than NT$300 would get my vote.

These days, I make sure to eat and have a lot to drink BEFORE going to the happy hour, so as to avoid having to take out a bank loan.

Well, they have special offers. But only a few segue folks can be found sitting a corner. The others are slick locals.

I don’t go to bars, so no. (I have the same problem with one of my alumni associations.)

mrs. monkbucket and i have gone twice. both times we met new faces with old names (from the boards), but at the second one we were at the whole glossika thing erupted :unamused:. that was a downer, to say the least.

haven’t been back to one since, but we continue to see some of the people who we met there.
:smiley:

The glossika people are unlikely to show up in the future, so I think that we can all happily go to the next one. I will claim that I am Jgeer.

That doesn’t make a lick of sense. Jgeer doesn’t exist.

[quote=“Mr He”]
The glossika people are unlikely to show up in the future, [/quote]

They don’t exist either.

:unamused:

[quote=“Alien”][quote=“Mr He”]
so I think that we can all happily go to the next one. I will claim that I am Jgeer.
[/quote]

That doesn’t make a lick of sense. Jgeer doesn’t exist.

[quote=“Mr He”]
The glossika people are unlikely to show up in the future, [/quote]

They don’t exist either.

:unamused:[/quote]

Details, details…

The problem is that people know who I am and that makes any change of identity hard to say the least. But I claim that I am Alien, nobody will ever be able tolook thru that badge. :smiling_imp:

Anyone care to post their analysis of the poll results?

I’ll take a bite.

"No, and I don’t intend to."

These people, after having surfed on over to Oriented.com to see the photographs, have decided to stay away: as they may have seen an old boss or an old girlfriend (or boyfriend) lurking in a corner. On the other hand, they may just be put off by the decidely up-market Oriented Happy Hour regulars.

Me, I’m just shy.

No free beer

Come on, at least the chance of running into me is worth something???

Uh…shouldn’t December’s Oreinted happy hour be this evening?
Anyone know what’s up?

oriented.com/newsletters/

Cancelled for the holidays. Too bad they didn’t throw an extra big one for the holidays – that’s more in line with the Yuletide spirit

January 30th Happy Hour in Taipei
Venue: Shooters
Address: No. 5, Alley 10, Lane 223
Section 4, Chung Hsiao E. Road
Complimentary finger food buffet :smiley:

Is there any kid of dress code for these things? I wouldn’t want to get denied entrance because of my yellow PUMA pants. Also, what kind of music do they place?

Good question miltownkid.
Besides, what’s the budget for each person. I don’t want to overspend for overcharged beer and stuff.

ax