ORIENTED Taipei Happy Hour on 30 March 2023 from 18:30 to 20:00 sponsored by italki

2023-03-29T16:00:00Z2023-03-30T10:30:00Z

Back in Taipei after 7 years! Come reconnect with old friends.

Wed 30 March 2023 from 18:30 to 20:00

Domaine Wine Cellars

大安區仁愛路四段383號B1, Taipei, Taiwan 106

2 Likes

For those of us who aren’t on Facebook, would you mind providing details here? Like cost of event, dress code, etc.? I can only open fb to see the date and time

1 Like

I dare one of you to go wearing a Forumosa t-shirt.

When’s the next forumosa meetup?

I thought Oriented was shutting down and selling it’s brand. I’m sure I saw the domain for sale.

Thanks for the reminder - I meant to post more details today

Join us for this POP-UP event and expand your network face-to-face, a critical aspect of the Asian business culture!

Thursday, March 30, 2023 – 6:30 to 8:00pm
Domaine Wine Cellars
B1, #383 Ren-Ai Road, Section 4
大安區仁愛路四段383號B1
DOOR FEE: 250 NTD includes glass of wine
RSVP on Facebook

If you work in Asia or travel frequently to the region, speak at least two languages fluently, and can navigate between Asian and Western cultures with ease, then this is the place for you!

Sponsored by italki.com, an online learning platform which connects language learners and teachers around the world.

2 Likes

You saw correctly: Characteristics of Premium Domain Names – ORIENTED

They can still throw a party :slight_smile: I wish I could make it, but I am traveling next week - I would have worn my Forumosa T-shirt :wink: – so I took the opportunity to meet up with Chris on my own this week.

Many of you already know Forumosa’s beginnings stretch back to ORIENTED.org - from which the ORIENTED Happy Hours and, later, ORIENTED.com, were developed. Here is a link to what I think is the very first thread on Forumosa, when it was still called ORIENTED.org (the names of the posters were lost in subsequent server and software platform migrations)

2 Likes

I’ll be hosting an alternative happy hour at Grandma Nittis. The original one. Space for eight people only.

2 Likes

That’s very confusing copy. They spent so much time saying how great the name was that you wouldn’t know they were selling it. You’d almost think they were selling a brand naming service.

That’s about right. That place was about as big as one of their burgers.

1999! That’s a blast from the past!

Guy

1 Like

I’d consider attending, but I think I’ll be busy posting desperate queries online asking where to find sour cream. :joy:

Guy