Orienteering?

Has anyone out there done orienteering in Taiwan? Back in the states, I was active with the central florida group and quite enjoyed it. Awhile back, I heard of a club or two, but wasn’t sure if they were recreational or more competitive in nature (I would prefer the recreational!).

But, if any of you are running around the woods with a compass in hand anytime soon, I just might join you!

I’d be interested if something ever got off the ground here.

I think the main problem is that most of Taiwan is forested, and bushwhacking through it is no fun at all as the undergrowth is usually much too thick, so you’re pretty much confined to existing paths, which would rather defeat the purpose.

Oh yeah. And mountainous. Desire doesn’t seem to recognize those basic incompatibilities…you know, like the one that prevents a chapter of Sunbathers International from opening up in Nome, Alaska. People just wannna do what they wanna do. Too bad, I was kinda liking the idea.

Oh yeah. And mountainous. Desire doesn’t seem to recognize those basic incompatibilities…you know, like the one that prevents a chapter of Sunbathers International from opening up in Nome, Alaska. People just wannna do what they wanna do. Too bad, I was kinda liking the idea.[/quote]
Not saying you couldn’t do it, just that it would probably take a whole lot more planning than might otherwise be the case. I bet there’s places where it can be done, but it would need a lot of scouting beforehand.