Osama bin Laden has died...according to the French

I think I saw him in Banqiao on Friday night.

[quote=“Mer”]Alright, if anyone thinks I went too far with my saying ‘fucking pathetic’ for Truant or anyone else airing criticism of a politician’s policies, then I apologize for that. I could have been more appropriate.

It just seems to me though that many of Truant’s posts are distinctively anti-American, conspiracy theories, blame Bush for everything, blah, blah, blah…and this latest bit didn’t seem much different.

I disagree with his criticism of what the USA is or isn’t doing to bring a piece of garbage like bin Laden to justice. May I?

I don’t think criticism of Bush’s policies makes one anti-American. I understand free speech and democracy. Take it easy partner. No need to suppose what I am or am not aware of.

Your agreeing with Truant’s assessment of Bush’s actions is also just your opinion. Don’t forget that when trying to school me on what you think is going on.[/quote]
this is my 3613th post. I assume you mean ‘many’ as being the majority of that.

Ok. Quote them. Ok, if that is too hard, how about 20 of that 3613? If you can find 20, that would be 5%. Many? I don’t think so, do you? But find even 20, please.

Anti American? Good one. All I said is that Bush said that Al Qaeda is responsible for 9/11 (his words, not mine), and it is a reasonable assumption that Bin Laden is in Afghanistan. Right? So WTF has Iraq got to do with the ‘war on terror’?

Interesting that you guys are silent regarding WTC 7. Go right ahead…you are obviously reading the other thread, but choose to be silent. Speak up. Explain away.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]DB -
Is that the “Mexican” perspective on this episode?
[/quote]No, it’s a thinking American’s perspective.[/quote]
Oh gee…so any “American” - quite a deceptive cop-out, Dude, you admitted you’re from Illinois or Iowa or some place in the USA - who has a different take than you is not a “Thinking” person?

That may work with the kids but not with adults. You’re just avoiding the Q.
Understandable, of course, but not really answering the question.
But hey…thats your choice… :smiley:[/quote]
Interesting that one’s state has a bearing on the validity of a point, General Lee.

[quote=“Truant”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]DB -
Oh gee…so any “American” - quite a deceptive cop-out, Dude, you admitted you’re from Illinois or Iowa or some place in the USA - who has a different take than you is not a “Thinking” person?

Interesting that one’s state has a bearing on the validity of a point, General Lee.[/quote]

Insinuating that TC is a racist isn’t at all becoming of you, Traunt. I’m here as an observer but in no means see TC as a racist from the south? Clarify: are you refering to TC in this manner with that ‘General Lee’ comment? I could be wrong and although I’m stepping in, TC doesn’t need me to do so. That comment just struck me as ‘off’.

Isn’t “French Intelligence” an oxymoron?

Maybe now Osama’s gone, Bush can look for the real terrorists… the ones who pulled down the Twin Towers.

I’d rather spend a shit load of money on a viable alternative energy source and tell the middle east to shove their oil up their arse and let the prayer bump leaders lead all of them back to a comfortable stone age lifestyle.

Does this post express your ignorance of the Coalition Forces efforts in Afghanistan as well as the Pakistani, and other actors, efforts on the mountainous areas of Pakistan?
Is this what you’re telling us?[/quote]

No. Truant just appears to be someone who’s fucking pathetic enough to think it’s cool to be anti-USA.[/quote]

Either that or he’s so patriotic that he actually believes George Bush. :wink:

[quote]“I don’t know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don’t care. It’s not that important. It’s not our priority.”

• G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

“I am truly not that concerned about him.”

• G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden’s whereabouts,
    3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02) [/quote]

[quote=“M0NSTER”][quote=“Truant”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]DB -

Interesting that one’s state has a bearing on the validity of a point, General Lee.[/quote]

Insinuating that TC is a racist isn’t at all becoming of you, Traunt. I’m here as an observer but in no means see TC as a racist from the south? Clarify: are you refering to TC in this manner with that ‘General Lee’ comment? I could be wrong and although I’m stepping in, TC doesn’t need me to do so. That comment just struck me as ‘off’.[/quote]
Geez, gimme a break. I am just interested in what relevance Illinois or Iowa has to do with anything.

Wow. People sure are getting upset around here… I wonder people should think I should STFU cos I am not from the US at all.

Does this post express your ignorance of the Coalition Forces efforts in Afghanistan as well as the Pakistani, and other actors, efforts on the mountainous areas of Pakistan?
Is this what you’re telling us?[/quote]

No. Truant just appears to be someone who’s fucking pathetic enough to think it’s cool to be anti-USA.[/quote]

Either that or he’s so patriotic that he actually believes George Bush. :wink:

[quote]“I don’t know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don’t care. It’s not that important. It’s not our priority.”

• G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

“I am truly not that concerned about him.”

• G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden’s whereabouts,
    3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02) [/quote][/quote]
    Let me be very clear.

I think George Bush is an idiot. The whole process of how he got elected, and his performance to date is something I would be bloody embarassed about if I was an American. I am embarassed when people assume I am American.

But patriots, you tell me. What was your ‘elected’ leader meaning here?

I’d rather spend a shit load of money on a viable alternative energy source and tell the middle east to shove their oil up their arse and let the prayer bump leaders lead all of them back to a comfortable stone age lifestyle.[/quote]

Sounds good to me.

[quote=“M0NSTER”][quote=“Truant”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]DB -

But hey…thats your choice… :smiley:[/quote]Interesting that one’s state has a bearing on the validity of a point, General Lee.[/quote]Insinuating that TC is a racist isn’t at all becoming of you, Traunt. I’m here as an observer but in no means see TC as a racist from the south? Clarify: are you refering to TC in this manner with that ‘General Lee’ comment? I could be wrong and although I’m stepping in, TC doesn’t need me to do so. That comment just struck me as ‘off’.[/quote]Monster -
I don’t think that was Truants intention, just my guess. I think he was referencing a ‘nation-state’ in his context. If so it was just a shit-stir comment. No worrys there.

Anyway, todays news seems to have picked up on this story of OBLs demise.
But confirmation is still lacking.

Many think that he bought it at Tora-Bora a while back.

Wait, it can’t be that simple…

Bush agrees with bin Laden, ‘Ok, blow up the twin towers, we need the site clear for re-build anyway. Tell ya what, why not stack the base of each building with dynamite, make sure they really fall down? Thanks binny.’ ‘No Problem, George. Our symbolic attack against the west will help us, and your newly cleared real estate in Manhattan will help you.’ George thinks to himself… “What happens AFTER? Will people make the connections that I allowed this to happen? Surely not? But maybe, just maybe there are enough people out there to see that I have been in cahoots with BL.” Bush hatches an evil plot, and while he is having his final ‘bomb chat drinks’ with bin Laden he slips a retro-active typhoid pill in his drink. ‘O.K. binny, after ‘it’ goes down you go hide in a bunker in Pakistan or Afghanistan. Were gonna have to bomb the shit out of ya, but don’t worry. Here are some headphones, to combat the Metallica were are gonna blast down them holes. Plus well bomb Iraq as a side diversion.’ Bush then waits for the Typhoid virus to kick in, so once OBL is dead, evidence of his deals with Bush become lost in the wind. Picture Bush swirling a large glass of Brandy right about now.

Is that how it happened? I’ll bet thats not far from what some people believe. Though it’s nowhere near what I could consider plausible.

I saw his Dad at the Ryder cup yesterday. Co-incidence, or Alibi? :smiley:

[quote=“TomHill”]Wait, it can’t be that simple…

Bush agrees with bin Laden, ‘Ok, blow up the twin towers, we need the site clear for re-build anyway. Tell ya what, why not stack the base of each building with dynamite, make sure they really fall down? Thanks binny.’ ‘No Problem, George. Our symbolic attack against the west will help us, and your newly cleared real estate in Manhattan will help you.’ George thinks to himself… “What happens AFTER? Will people make the connections that I allowed this to happen? Surely not? But maybe, just maybe there are enough people out there to see that I have been in cahoots with BL.” Bush hatches an evil plot, and while he is having his final ‘bomb chat drinks’ with bin Laden he slips a retro-active typhoid pill in his drink. ‘O.K. binny, after ‘it’ goes down you go hide in a bunker in Pakistan or Afghanistan. Were gonna have to bomb the shit out of ya, but don’t worry. Here are some headphones, to combat the Metallica were are gonna blast down them holes. Plus well bomb Iraq as a side diversion.’ Bush then waits for the Typhoid virus to kick in, so once OBL is dead, evidence of his deals with Bush become lost in the wind. Picture Bush swirling a large glass of Brandy right about now.

Is that how it happened? I’ll bet thats not far from what some people believe. Though it’s nowhere near what I could consider plausible.

I saw his Dad at the Ryder cup yesterday. Co-incidence, or Alibi? :smiley:[/quote]

Don’t forget Silverstein, he upped his insurance and got away with 7 billion … if they just had demolished it would have cost him … now he made money …

And TC’s bringing the national origin of posters into the discussion (discussing the messenger instead of the message) doesn’t strike you as ‘off’? :loco: Mer’s labelling of Truant as anti-American doesn’t strike you as ‘off’? Threads like this begin to deteriorate when people start irresponsible posting like that. This was supposted to be about Bin Laden, after all, and look where it has ended up. :unamused:

And TC’s bringing the national origin of posters into the discussion (discussing the messenger instead of the message) doesn’t strike you as ‘off’? :loco: Mer’s labelling of Truant as anti-American doesn’t strike you as ‘off’? Threads like this begin to deteriorate when people start irresponsible posting like that. This was supposted to be about Bin Laden, after all, and look where it has ended up. :unamused:[/quote]

It’s IP. It’s the forum that redefines the ad-hominem attack. :neutral:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]And TC’s bringing the national origin of posters into the discussion (discussing the messenger instead of the message) doesn’t strike you as ‘off’? :loco: [/quote]DB -
You are flying the Mexican flag there homeboy. This indicates that you regard Mexico as your chosen nation of identification.
My query was if your post was done with this criteria in mind.
No pychological anal probing required to suss this out.
A simple question - which you dodged.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]This was supposted to be about Bin Laden, after all, and look where it has ended up. :unamused:[/quote]DB -
It is about OBL’s reported demise.
Any comments or additional info regarding this story?

His death would be very convenient indeed for one state.

[quote]Leave bin Laden to us: Musharraf
Bruce Loudon, South Asia correspondent
September 23, 2006
PAKISTAN defiantly dug in its heels yesterday and insisted it would not allow foreign forces to enter its territory in search of Osama bin Laden, setting the stage for a major new clash between President Pervez Musharraf and critics who claim Islamabad is double-dealing with al-Qa’ida and the Taliban.

Speaking in the Pakistani capital, senior government officials rejected absolutely the notion of foreign forces setting foot inside the country to hunt bin Laden and other senior al-Qa’ida and Taliban figures who Western intelligence sources are convinced are hiding in the remote territory of North Waziristan, close to the Afghan border.

Tasnim Aslam, a senior official in Islamabad, said: “Any terrorist action to be taken inside Pakistani territory would be taken by Pakistan. He (Musharraf) has said that he would not allow foreign troops to come inside our territory.”

Islamabad had reacted angrily after reports that six US helicopter gunships had flown into North Waziristan from Afghanistan in hot pursuit of Taliban guerillas. [/quote]

Meanwhile, the Australians, at least, are dubious:

[quote]Govt to study bin Laden reports
September 24, 2006 - 11:15AM

The Australian government is looking into reports that al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is very ill or even dead.

Reports in a French newspaper and the US newsweekly Time quoted Saudi sources as saying the terrorist mastermind had died or was very ill from a water borne disease, possibly typhoid.

Australian deputy Prime Minister Mark Vaile said Australian agencies were seeking further information.

“We’ve seen the reports, and obviously still unconfirmed, but would like to see confirmation of that,” Mr Vaile told the Nine network today.

"It would be a significant boost in the fight against terror, the war against terror across the world.’’

But Mr Vaile warned it would not mean it was the end of the war on terror if bin Laden was dead.

“It would be, as I say, a great boost in the war against terror but it wouldn’t mean the war against terror is over,” Mr Vaile said.

“The al-Qaeda network is well established, we know that, and it’s going to be an ongoing battle.”[/quote]

HG

It may be a sophisticated way of smoking him out into the open. If he’s dead, he’s dead and there is nothing that can be done about it. If he’s not dead he might just pop his head up.

I believe it’s possible influential political figures such as Rumsfeld, Cheney, and Wolfowitz would have advised Bush to go slow on terrorism when he first came to power on the chance of an attach on US soil. America had already experienced an embassy bombing in Africa, the Cole and the previous WTC bombings. They could well have been holding out for a modern day “Pearl Harbor.”

It may be a sophisticated way of smoking him out into the open. If he’s dead, he’s dead and there is nothing that can be done about it. If he’s not dead he might just pop his head up.

I believe it’s possible influential political figures such as Rumsfeld, Cheney, and Wolfowitz would have advised Bush to go slow on terrorism when he first came to power on the chance of an attach on US soil. America had already experienced an embassy bombing in Africa, the Cole and the previous WTC bombings. They could well have been holding out for a modern day “Pearl Harbor.”

:laughing: Thanks, Chewy.