Osama says he wants a truce --Right!

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060119/ap_ … _bin_laden

In his latest video, Bin Laden says he’d be willing to make a truce under "fair"conditions.

I’d say he missed his calling, he should have been a comedian.

[quote=“redandy”]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060119/ap_on_re_mi_ea/al_qaida_bin_laden

In his latest video, Bin Laden says he’d be willing to make a truce under "fair"conditions.

I’d say he missed his calling, he should have been a comedian.[/quote]

THE RETURN OF THE UNDEAD

that is what German Spiegel.de called his re-appearance :slight_smile:

He should leave the Public Relation to his relative:

G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

G.W. Bush, 12/28/01

G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

G.W. Bush, responding to a question about bin Laden’s whereabouts,
3/13/02

And your point is?

If that truly was Osama offering a truce, and assuming he is sincere, then I have to ask why anyone would want to treat with him. If he really is offering a truce it can only be because he is in a desparate situation. in which case the War On Terrorism (or whatever it’s being called this week) should continue. Osama’s probably more worried about being offed by one of his lieutenants than he is about George Dubya.

Why would bin Laden want a truce? Surely it would conflict with his ideologies?

The Islamic term is “hudna”. It’s a temporary ceasefire so Islamic forces can regroup and gather strength. It has nothing to do with peace. It’s simply a tactical ploy.

[quote]Four decades later (in 1958), Antoine Fattal, a Lebanese Maronite Professor of Law, whose Le Statut Legal de Musulmans en Pays

[quote=“bob_honest”]
He should leave the Public Relation to his relative:
[/quote]

If that’s a relative she’s up for a stoning dressed like that :astonished:

She probably would be, but she generally manages to avoid those sorts of situations. She’s got a US$8000/month apartment in Manhattan, a chateaux in Switzerland, yachts, parties with Jenna Bush in Monaco nightclubs, and a trust fund large enough to provide for her every desire. She thus generally tends to avoid those parts of the world where stoning is commonplace. Smart young woman, I’d say.

Poor cow. Sounds like she has a rotten life. Partying with Jenna Bush sounds like my idea of hell.

[quote=“TomHill”]Poor cow. Sounds like she has a rotten life. Partying with Jenna Bush sounds like my idea of hell.[/quote]Gee…another opportunistc shot at the Bush family…wow…I’m impressed…(nope, not really :slight_smile: )

Sorry TC, I was being sarcastic. I mean it sounds like she does have a good life. I couldn’t care less about the ‘peripheral’ Bushes. In fact, I don’t have much to say about Bush either, except he should think more before he speaks.

TH -
I certainly understand shots at politicians. I, while rarely doing do, do consider them all fair game for directed criticism. Its been a sport since the earliest times. And rightly so.
I do tend to draw the line at cheap shots at non-involved family members. This usually includes children and peripreal relatives.
I usually use the test procedure of - “What if it were me?”
This leads to the conclusion - Damn, its friggin’ lucky that my folks were never elected politicians - My antics would have ruined them. :sunglasses:

I came across an essay these days (I think Spiegel again) saying that the whole thang with Bin Laden and islam extrimism is about SEX.

Now look at Bin Laden’s pic.
Then look at his young relative, the party gal, and let us assume she would NOT be his relative.

She would scare him! She would run away from a towel-wearing grey bearded cave dweller like him!

Traditional extreme Islam allows control over women.

Beat them!
Lock them up!
Hide them!
Stone them!

Look at the recent case in Iran where a woman who had killed her sexual attacker in self-defence. The “judges” said they give her the death verdict so “no woman ever dares to raise a hand against a man again”.

Let us face it.
This is all about a male-dominant society where the men enjoy controlling the women and are scared as the western culture takes this control out of their hands.

Basically this is all about being afraid to have small pen…ses

says Bob H,
who was the women-affairs care taker in his last work council

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]The Islamic term is “hudna”. It’s a temporary ceasefire so Islamic forces can regroup and gather strength. It has nothing to do with peace. It’s simply a tactical ploy.[/quote].

No doubt. It’s also standard fare on the propoganda front. By offering the unacceptable (to the Americans, and indeed the World), disguised (to his supporters) as a an act of clemency, it can reap a bounitful harvest in terms of creating a false image of Osama as “Mr Nice Guy who tried to mediate, but those pesky American Dogs :scooby: would not listen!”

Who the heck is he to offer this “truce”? Why Doesn’t He and His Tribe Get Out Of Pakistan? Iraq? Phillipines? Etc?

If he even attempted to implement such a truce, surely one of his disaffected rank and file would behead him for betraying the Nation by even trying to Deal With The Great Satan. In the early days of Islam, beheading was reserved for Traitors To The Faith, which apparently was considered far worse than Mass Murder, Racist Vendettas, Slavery, and Child Molesting.

It would be ideal if Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton presented him with the Swine of the Month Award, the 27th of his career. :smiling_imp:

She probably would be, but she generally manages to avoid those sorts of situations. She’s got a US$8000/month apartment in Manhattan, a chateaux in Switzerland, yachts, parties with Jenna Bush in Monaco nightclubs, and a trust fund large enough to provide for her every desire. She thus generally tends to avoid those parts of the world where stoning is commonplace. Smart young woman, I’d say.[/quote]

Well DAMN. I now know I was in the wrong line when it came to reincarnation. :blush:

Spying? Torture? Illegal airstrikes? SHUT UP and hate Bin Laden.

Surely no one believes that this tape is genuine?
Even mainstream media is questioning it.
‘Duke Professor Skeptical of bin Laden Tape’
abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?secti … id=3828678

At least it isn’t up there with the fake fat Osama video a few years ago. That was comical.

The CIA could release anything and say it is Osama Been Forgotten and sheeple will believe the spoon fed nonsense.

They are getting people ready for the next attack on Iran.

Just like Orwell’s ubiquitous Emmanuel Goldstein, Bin Laden always seems to pop up right on cue so we can disengage our minds from reality and join in the two minutes hate.

MMmmmm the last time Osama Been Forgotten appeared was 3 days before the US election.

How convienient.

That

But despite this precedent, and despite all the stories that have come out since then about the CIA’s animosity toward Bush and their repeated efforts to discredit or harm his administration, it does still seem like something of a stretch to imply that this latest Bin Laden tape must necessarily therefore be an example of a nefarious CIA plot to harm the Bush administration. I agree with you that it’s possible, but I agree with PPE that it seems far from proven at this point.

[quote=“cake”]Spying? Torture? Illegal airstrikes? SHUT UP and hate Bin Laden.

.[/quote]
And the good old Dubya administration NEVER did anything like this right?

I wish the UN would hurry up and charge GWB with war crimes, crimes against humanity, human rights abuses etc…just excercising my right to free speech!