Oslo Terrorist Attack 2022

Just awful. It’s suspected to be an Islamic attack.

3 Likes

Saw that in the news and didn’t see any concrete information about the attacker, so I figured that’s probably what was going on.

2 years ago in my town here 3 gay men were stabbed to death at the local park with many other wounded. For whatever reason, the media and police didn’t want to say it was related to Islamic terrorism. There was a gay pride thing here and all of the men killed and stabbed was gay from my understanding.

The killer was Muslim and locals have said said he shouted allah ahkbar. But the Islamic aspect was kept hush hush.

They shouldn’t have cancelled the Pride parade in Oslo. Can’t let the extremists win.

1 Like

I agree. But I also understand the choice.

1 Like

Person with history of psychiatric issues.

1 Like

Killer was originally from Iran, apparently.

As far as I understand, the precise term is “islamist”, which means to generally apply Islamic doctrine to all aspects of everyone’s life. As opposed to islamic, which refers to personal belief and one’s own life.

To me, it’s like the difference between Christian faith (normal) and Christian extremism (abnormal).

So, unless I’m mistaken, I’d prefer we differentiate - especially when talking about murder in the name of religion.

2 Likes