Our Cool Taiwan Websites!

I am sure many of us have cool websites about Taiwan.

I would like to see some video clips and cool pictures if anyone has…

My site is not updated as often as it should be but here it is…

www.easytravelpage.com/stevesasha

I need to finish writing up the north Taiwan section on mine but anyway;
mcttw.tripod.com/trips_photos.htm

I think quite a few people from Forumosa have seen most of the stuff before. Under ‘day trips’ I have a couple of interesting photos from Dragon Boat day in Lugang, and a couple of a nice waterfall with a swimming hole not too far from me.

P.S. Stevieboy, I couldn’t access your page. Could you check the address? I’ll try it again later anyway.

Try the various banners at the top of the page, or at least the ones that look interesting. Also you can go to the members page and see who has websites, and then go check them out.

Nice site, Joesax, but a very annoying ad for Tripod that pops up with every click of the mouse. Also, there were some problems with clicking on your “Day trips in Taiwan” link, and I gave up without seeing the pictures after a couple of fruitless tries.

http://users2.ev1.net/~turton/teach_index.html

Michael Turton’s site about teaching English in Taiwan is IMHO the best of the bunch; it’s informative, funny, and has an excellent layout. And no bloody ads.

Thanks for the kind words! If you know of picture/vacation/teaching in taiwan sites, I’m collecting them for my page of just pictures – due for an update soon. The sticky above lists a few, but I’m really interested in picture sites.

Also, I just finished updating most of my living in Taiwan pages – just three more pages to go. So the format has been revitalized, and I have added 00s of new pictures. I have more than five thousand in my picture directories; my friends think my hand has sprouted a digital camera.

Michael

How about some online video clips of the night markets, Kenting, or Taroko Gorge…does anyone have this sort of thing?

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]Nice site, Joesax, but a very annoying ad for Tripod that pops up with every click of the mouse. Also, there were some problems with clicking on your “Day trips in Taiwan” link, and I gave up without seeing the pictures after a couple of fruitless tries.[/quote]Sorry about the ads. Omni - it’s because I use Tripod’s free hosting service. Those who use the Opera or any form of Mozilla browser don’t have this problem because they can choose not to have popup ads.

Thanks for pointing out the thing about the ‘day trips’ page - actually the pics are accessible but you have to click on the links on the left, just above the photo of me on the bike. It’s not very obvious where to click and I’ll sort that out soon; in the meantime the links are
mcttw.tripod.com/dragon_boats_in_lugang.htm
(which page links through to some photos of the Tianhou temple in Lugang;
mcttw.tripod.com/in_lugang.htm )
and
mcttw.tripod.com/fairy_waterfall.htm

Other people have far more comprehensive sites with more professional photos and useful information, but anyway I hope my site adds something to those that are already there, and I hope to improve it by adding more useful information soon.

I think if you put in a tiny little bit of javascript (the copy and paste kind from javascript.internet.com) you can get rid of the Tripod popups.

Vorko’s site is indeed excellent. Easy to navigate, the photos are right there, nice and big right next to the text. Love it. :smiley:

Dennis - I see you are selling your photos on your site. Has anyone ever bought one of your pictures, and if so, which one(s)?

Dennis Flood is a Fattie

Mine is gopbill.8m.com

It’s mostly photos with commentary from my life in China and now in Taiwan. Not updated too often, but what’s there is timeless :wink: