Out of Taiwan for 2 month already,

back in Germany. I have to pinch myself every day cause I can’t believe I’m not dreaming.
Found a job as a interpreter Chinese-German (unfortunately just for 2 month).

Monthly 2x180€ + 1x300€ for my kids, just because they are there!

It is very international here in the Cologne area. I hear about 10 languages every day when I go shopping.
People are nice in the sense of nice. No one stares, no one drives like an idiot.

There are a lots of Chinese people and I enjoy being amongst them.

What gives me the most “high” is that the general ignorance level is back to “acceptable”.

My wife is happy, both my kids are doing fine, we get compliments for having so beautiful children on a daily basis, just like in Taiwan.
No one comes up with “we are so friendly” crap that made me so unwelcome in Taiwan.
I don’t sweat all the time. Weather is not an issue anymore!

For all of you who are unhappy on the little island: there is a beautiful world out there!

I am really glad to hear that Touduke ! I am sure that you will be much happier there. Good luck to you, the wife and kids.

How nice to hear!

My hubby and I have been very happy since leaving, too. We have fond memories of Taiwan but are happy that we moved on.

All the best! :slight_smile:

Congratulations! There is no point wasting time in a place where you are unhappy, only one life and all that. How long were you here for?

too long obviously

[quote=“touduke”]back in Germany. I have to pinch myself every day cause I can’t believe I’m not dreaming.
Found a job as a interpreter Chinese-German (unfortunately just for 2 month).

Monthly 2x180€ + 1x300€ for my kids, just because they are there!

It is very international here in the Cologne area. I hear about 10 languages every day when I go shopping.
People are nice in the sense of nice. No one stares, no one drives like an idiot.

There are a lots of Chinese people and I enjoy being amongst them.

What gives me the most “high” is that the general ignorance level is back to “acceptable”.

My wife is happy, both my kids are doing fine, we get compliments for having so beautiful children on a daily basis, just like in Taiwan.
No one comes up with “we are so friendly” crap that made me so unwelcome in Taiwan.
I don’t sweat all the time. Weather is not an issue anymore!

For all of you who are unhappy on the little island: there is a beautiful world out there![/quote]

I will have been gone from Taiwan for a year on November 4. It is great being back home. Hopefullly I will start working in December. I have a job, but I am excited to start a new career. Plus I am leaving for Ecuador tomorrow.

I love being back in the U.S. and joinging a volleyball league and a tennis league.

YOu guys sound like you have been let out of prison or something ! Its good you got going and got going well. Fair winds to ya. And yes there IS life elsewhere.

Taiwan aint for everyone. And anyone that is happier elsewhere should be. The island is crowded as it is and a long ways from perfect.

Dont wait, do it today.

That said, iv been in exile in Calif for over 13 years and aint a day I wish I wasnt back “home”. Although California is pretty doggone NICE !!!

So diff strokes for diff folks.

But I do think you need to be born in TAiwan to hang in long term though Or have lived there over 15 years.

Otherwise its going to get to ya, if it doesnt get ya.

Congratulations. I hope you come back and post from time to time.

I want to leave, too. I don’t want to go back to the US, though, or anywhere in Asia, except perhaps Japan. I want to go to a place where quality music and food is appreciated, where Korean pop music (and pop music in general) is recognized as the garbage that it is. I’m thinking France.

back in Alishan I have to pinch myself every day cause I can’t believe I’m not dreaming. I have good business teaching English here

Also I get monthly pocket money from my husband business

It is very international here in the Alishan area. I hear about 10 languages every day when I go outside. I invite Germany couple who work for Barclays Bank in Singpaore to stay in my house this weekend as we have 3 day festival here. People are nice all the time up here. No one stares and no one drives like an idiot.

There are a lots of Chinese people and foreigners too up here and I enjoy being amongst them too and can teach them about my culture.

Maybe tourist is ignorant but they can learn. My husband is happy and our son is doing fine, we get compliments for having such good looking son on a daily basis. It’s so much better we live in Taiwan than overseas because we are so happy here.

I don’t sweat all the time because in Alishan weather is much better up here than in hot cities.

For all of you who are unhappy on the little island than in big city: there is a beautiful world out there in Taiwan just come to Alishan or any other beautiful mountain areas.

[quote=“Aboriginal girl”]back in Alishan I have to pinch myself every day cause I can’t believe I’m not dreaming. I have good business teaching English here

It is very international here in the Alishan area. I hear about 10 languages every day when I go outside. I invite Germany couple who work for Barclays Bank in Singpaore to stay in my house this weekend as we have 3 day festival here. People are nice all the time up here. No one stares and no one drives like an idiot.

There are a lots of Chinese people and foreigners too up here and I enjoy being amongst them too and can teach them about my culture.

Maybe tourist is ignorant but they can learn. My husband is happy and our son is doing fine, we get compliments for having such good looking son on a daily basis. It’s so much better we live in Taiwan than overseas because we are so happy here.

I don’t sweat all the time because in Alishan weather is much better up here than in hot cities.

For all of you who are unhappy on the little island than in big city: there is a beautiful world out there in Taiwan just come to Alishan or any other beautiful mountain areas.[/quote]

Maybe, but the TV is better is Germany.

[quote=“pgdaddy1”][quote=“Aboriginal girl”]back in Alishan I have to pinch myself every day cause I can’t believe I’m not dreaming. I have good business teaching English here

For all of you who are unhappy on the little island than in big city: there is a beautiful world out there in Taiwan just come to Alishan or any other beautiful mountain areas.[/quote]

Maybe, but the TV is better is Germany.[/quote]

Really? I have German Sky Kable TV in my home in Alishan. It’s OK not so special but sometimes has good German movies. SKY UK is better package than Germany and Foxtel Australia now is better because US TV Shows only 12 hours behind US release time so I can watch during the day time here.

Well, I was gonna shelve my plans to become President of America, but if you are making good money teaching English I guess anything is possible. :smiley:

I have good business because I own my own school called Mind Your Language.

My husband has his other businesses which I help in as well.

[quote=“Aboriginal girl”]I have good business because I own my own school called Mind Your Language.

My husband has his other businesses which I help in as well.[/quote]

I see. Please accept my apologies. :blush:

Anything like this?

Yes sometimes like that

Personally, I can’t wait to get back to a country where people are real arseholes, and where random violence on the street can happen anywhere, anytime. Where the shops close early; where the people are fat, lazy and intellectually challenged; where the price of tabac and booze is only outdone by severe curtailing of serviceable hours; and where one must wait on the phone for 39 minutes to actually speak to a customer service agent that tells one that they can’t do anything at all.
:laughing:

Köln is cool,but Heidelberg is higher.
I could seriously go for some fine wurst, kraut and brot right about now. To say nothing of a few pils.
 :lick: 
That to my mind is where Chinese cuisine utterly fails:
5000 years of culture and they still can't make a decent egg, bread, beer, cheese, or sausage.
Something basically wrong with that.
~~~
In any event, it's good that the OP is back is the niche.
Time burns like a fuse, and there's no sense whinging about where one would rather not be.

Thing is he may be back in his element, but what about the wife? IS she going to start to miss the rock? And his kids may too if they are old enough.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Personally, I can’t wait to get back to a country where people are real arseholes, and where random violence on the street can happen anywhere, anytime. Where the shops close early; where the people are fat, lazy and intellectually challenged; where the price of tabac and booze is only outdone by severe curtailing of serviceable hours; and where one must wait on the phone for 39 minutes to actually speak to a customer service agent that tells one that they can’t do anything at all.
:laughing:

Köln is cool,but Heidelberg is higher.
I could seriously go for some fine wurst, kraut and brot right about now. To say nothing of a few pils.
 :lick: 
That to my mind is where Chinese cuisine utterly fails:
5000 years of culture and they still can't make a decent egg, bread, beer, cheese, or sausage.
Something basically wrong with that.
~~~
In any event, it's good that the OP is back is the niche.
Time burns like a fuse, and there's no sense whinging about where one would rather not be.[/quote]

There are many countries with intellectual challenged individuals. That would include some western countries as well as Taiwan. There are idiots everywhere.

10.10. I ran into trouble (sort of). At work, “surrounded” by mainlanders, during lunch at the cafeteria to be precise, I said “hey today is 國慶日 of Taiwan”. Some at my table protested “Taiwan is not a country” - and they kept on bitching, mostly women. Some said something like “I am 共產黨員, please don’t bullshit us”. I replied "sorry 共產黨妹妹, shouting and getting angry does not alter reality. It was fun.